Conner 76 Oldham County 48

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Posts
    1,001

    Conner 76 Oldham County 48

    Final
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,202

    Noce win considering Oldham just beat Anderson Co.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Posts
    60

    Let’s be honest. The 9th region is one of the top regions in the state. Either the 9th or the 7th region.

    Teams from the 8th or 10th (besides GRC and maybe SK a little) are not at the same level as the top 3-4 Ninth region teams.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 18
    Posts
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Let’s be honest. The 9th region is one of the top regions in the state. Either the 9th or the 7th region.

    Teams from the 8th or 10th (besides GRC and maybe SK a little) are not at the same level as the top 3-4 Ninth region teams.
    Simon Kenton beat Dixie pretty good. Dixie is #4 in the ninth?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    74

    OC was missing a big. Not saying they would have won, but it could have been a little closer. Can’t take away from Conner. They are good. Each team will have successful year.

  6. #6
    Heartbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    780

    Oldham is not a top 20 team. Conner could have beaten them much worse with or without the big. Anyone who has watched this team play that knows basketball will attest to this. Just ask Conner. Anderson overlooked them. If they play again, watch the score.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    74

    No one said they would not have beaten them. Despite Anderson overlooking Oldham, Oldham got the win on the road. That’s to be respected. Now Anderson is beating Eminence to a pulp to prove a point? There’s an unspoken decorum in sports and there’s a lot of cocky teams that can get beat on any given night. Conner is a top 20 team. Anderson may not be. Oldham may be. Who knows. How many years have the team predicted to win the state tournament not make it past the first round? The 6th 7th and 9th region are loaded. The 8th may be anyone’s for the taking.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopinthebluegrasss View Post
    No one said they would not have beaten them. Despite Anderson overlooking Oldham, Oldham got the win on the road. That’s to be respected. Now Anderson is beating Eminence to a pulp to prove a point? There’s an unspoken decorum in sports and there’s a lot of cocky teams that can get beat on any given night. Conner is a top 20 team. Anderson may not be. Oldham may be. Who knows. How many years have the team predicted to win the state tournament not make it past the first round? The 6th 7th and 9th region are loaded. The 8th may be anyone’s for the taking.
    This although the 6th is basically Mercy and Butler and no one else. The 7th will have 5-6 teams that are probably top 25 in the state. 9th also has a plethora of great teams!

  9. #9
    BIGZIG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Ludlow, Ky
    Posts
    4,987

    Good win for Conner. Go Cougars!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 13
    Posts
    677

    Quote Originally Posted by Southerboy View Post
    Simon Kenton beat Dixie pretty good. Dixie is #4 in the ninth?
    I will sum up the 9th...Ryle at the top then a gap Conner and Highlands then a gap. Dixie is probable 4th then the rest.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Posts
    13

    I agree totally Big Blue05. Conner and Highlands can give Ryle a game, however, not sure either can beat them on neutral court down the road in region.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Posts
    60

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue05 View Post
    I will sum up the 9th...Ryle at the top then a gap Conner and Highlands then a gap. Dixie is probable 4th then the rest.
    I think St.Henry, NDA and Holy Cross are right there with Dixie too.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    81

    This Conner team would make it to the Sweet 16 in about 10 of the 16 regions. Unfortunately, they are in the 9th and so is Ryle.

  14. #14
    Jesse James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    10,228

    Quote Originally Posted by James Graham View Post
    This Conner team would make it to the Sweet 16 in about 10 of the 16 regions. Unfortunately, they are in the 9th and so is Ryle.
    Thats very true.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by James Graham View Post
    This Conner team would make it to the Sweet 16 in about 10 of the 16 regions. Unfortunately, they are in the 9th and so is Ryle.
    There are about 5-6 teams in the 7th Region that could make the state in 10 of Regions! Unfortunately, they are in a loaded Region, which had the 5th or 6th best team, Christian Academy add a transfer from a West Virginia HS who is originally from Russia! She can flat out ball!

Top