Campbell County 80 Simon Kenton 59

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    116

    Campbell County 80 Simon Kenton 59

    Final score from CCHS.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    205

    Yikes

  3. #3
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    34,251

    Campbell steamrolling my Neers. How many minutes did Niece play tonight?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    43

    I believe LADY CAMELS capture the Conference Championship with this win. Congrats!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Posts
    55

    She did not play much. Nice to see her playing some. Going to be a treat watching her next year at NKU. Wonderful young lady.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    116

    I was told by a reliable source that Ms. Niece looks very uncomfortable on the floor. I would guess that she is reluctant after suffering a serious knee injury and jeopardizing her future at NKU. All of this is completely understandable. Good luck to her and Taylor next year playing for the Norse.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 16
    Posts
    90

    Camels keep rolling

  8. #8
    nkufan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,238

    Quote Originally Posted by Cameldad View Post
    I was told by a reliable source that Ms. Niece looks very uncomfortable on the floor. I would guess that she is reluctant after suffering a serious knee injury and jeopardizing her future at NKU. All of this is completely understandable. Good luck to her and Taylor next year playing for the Norse.
    From what I understand Ally is looking for a quality education and not a future in the WNBA. It was her wishes to return to the hardwood, she’s been medically cleared so what does she have to lose? Her biggest hurdle is mental not physical.

  9. #9
    nkufan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,238

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Reign 87 View Post
    Camels keep rolling
    Just another exhibition game that doesn’t mean anything.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    64

    Quote Originally Posted by nkufan23 View Post
    Just another exhibition game that doesn’t mean anything.
    Actually, this game was for the NKAC championship.

  11. #11
    nkufan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,238

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueto View Post
    Actually, this game was for the NKAC championship.
    Oooh! Does the NKAC Championship help determine district seeding?? The only teams on SK’s regular season schedule that mean anything are Williamstown, Walton and Grant.

    Will Campbell be hanging a banner for winning the NKAC ship?

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    116

    With that mentality, nkufan, does any game really matter until Districts?

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    64

    Quote Originally Posted by nkufan23 View Post
    Oooh! Does the NKAC Championship help determine district seeding?? The only teams on SK’s regular season schedule that mean anything are Williamstown, Walton and Grant.

    Will Campbell be hanging a banner for winning the NKAC ship?
    Pretty sure SK pays dues every year, and attends all NKAC meetings, and Coach Stowers attends the banquet. So, that leads me to believe it means something to SK.

  14. #14
    nkufan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,238

    Quote Originally Posted by Cameldad View Post
    With that mentality, nkufan, does any game really matter until Districts?
    Honestly no it doesn’t. Setting yourself up with the #1 seed in the district should be your goal during the season. Once that happens win your first district game and advance to the region. From there win the region crown and try to win the Sweet 16.

    Regular season non district games are nothing more than tune ups. This mentality is maginified when your playing without your division 1 point guard, each game is an opportunity to get better. You can lose and still be making progress. I doubt the SK staff lost any sleep over regular season losses to Ryle, Campbell, Male, Scott County etc...

    I can’t help but remember when the Louisville Central Boys team lost their first 8 exhibition games of the season and went onto advance to the 2009 Sweet 16 Championship game. They finished that season with a record of 13-16 but what they did do is finish 1st in their district that year and Won their first district tournament game. They lost in the district championship game but still advanced to region and the rest was history.

  15. #15
    nkufan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,238

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueto View Post
    Pretty sure SK pays dues every year, and attends all NKAC meetings, and Coach Stowers attends the banquet. So, that leads me to believe it means something to SK.
    Nothing more than cooperating. Stowers is a stand up guy and I think there may even be a fine for schools that don’t pay their dues. It would also be a very bad look for a school not to participate.

    The NKAC doesn’t mean anything and only gets talked about when it names the all star teams. Most people couldn't tell you whose in the NKAC let alone care who wins it. There is no NKAC website, it’s main purpose seems to be for scheduling more than anything. Only a select number of schools circle conference games on their schedule and pretend that they mean something.

Top