Campbell County 54 Mason County 41

Page 2 of Originally Posted by RoyalWildcat I mean I'd rather them lose this game in January than in March. Last year GRC beat them at GRC in January then the La... 24 comments | 2379 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    My Own Little World
    Posts
    244

    Congrats to the Lady Camels. Not that they necessarily needed it, but probably a great confidence booster after 2 tough losses to Mason last year. Big win heading down the stretch .....
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    OpieTaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Mayberry
    Posts
    1,569

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblueinsanity View Post
    Give credit to Campbell County they outplayed Mason County and had more energy.

    I still believe Mason County is the team to beat. You shoot 28 percent, you won't win many games.

    Jordan Frodge had 3 fouls in the first half and never got into a rhythm and Mason County missed so many bunnies.
    Quote Originally Posted by magicfan217 View Post
    The obligatory "give the other team credit" line right before you give the other team no credit. Nice. Haha
    How is he not giving the other team no credit?

  3. #18
    OpieTaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Mayberry
    Posts
    1,569

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalWildcat View Post
    Congrats to Campbell on a well played game. Listened to Travis Scaggs while I was in Morehead watching the Royals and Vikings play.

    Luckily for Mason this game essentially means nothing and takes the target off of their back, but they have to get back into the rhythm of things. Been out of sort since they ran through the tournament in Louisville.
    Just remember, if this game means nothing, then neither does any of their victories.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    305

    Great win for the Camels! CC is rounding into form at the perfect time. The way the season started too many people were writing them off. Now they've clearly shown they belong in the conversation for a top team in the state. They have the upward trend going into tournament and hopefully will represent the 10th at state!

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Location
    Maysville-Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    543

    Quote Originally Posted by OpieTaylor View Post
    Just remember, if this game means nothing, then neither does any of their victories.
    I mean I'd rather them lose this game in January than in March. Last year GRC beat them at GRC in January then the Lady Royals got the best of them in March.

    Sometimes a loss like this gets the attention of some people.

  6. #21
    OpieTaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Mayberry
    Posts
    1,569

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalWildcat View Post
    I mean I'd rather them lose this game in January than in March. Last year GRC beat them at GRC in January then the Lady Royals got the best of them in March.

    Sometimes a loss like this gets the attention of some people.
    I understand.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    The Mill
    Posts
    141

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalWildcat View Post
    Sometimes a loss like this gets the attention of some people.
    And therefore....the game would mean something!

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    1,970

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblueinsanity View Post
    Give credit to Campbell County they outplayed Mason County and had more energy.

    I still believe Mason County is the team to beat. You shoot 28 percent, you won't win many games.

    Jordan Frodge had 3 fouls in the first half and never got into a rhythm and Mason County missed so many bunnies.
    Sounds like MC just had dead legs. Happens to most programs once or twice during the season.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    16,083

    I give CC all the credit. They were ready and took care of business.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    1,072

    The atmosphere was great. Campbell pulled in all their middle school girls teams to be recognized prior to the game. So you had all those parents and grandparents in the stands and the student section. I think the Campbell girls were hyped and ready to go and sort of steam rolled MC before they could get their bearings.

    IMO these are the 2 best teams in the region and I think they meet again. Campbell was definitely the better team on Friday, but I think this was a great experience for Mason to finally understand how big of a target they were carrying on their back. I hope that this re-focuses the MC team and they'll be ready come end of February and March.

Top