Bruce Blanton named new Shelby County Girls Basketball Coach

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    1,284

    Bruce Blanton named new Shelby County Girls Basketball Coach

    Today Bruce Blanton was named new coach at SCHS.
    Anyone know the scope on him?
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    scon36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Land of the Blue and Gold
    Posts
    551

    Isn't he a former assistant at Henry County? I see he's already updated his LinkedIn account.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    207

    Tough job. Getting ready to lose a key player to transfer.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Back at Perks Cove
    Posts
    912

    Rockcastle county guy . His cousin is boys coach there.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    1,284

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardsrule1972 View Post
    Tough job. Getting ready to lose a key player to transfer.
    Yep, spencer pulling in all Shelby kids

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    207

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2tone View Post
    Yep, spencer pulling in all Shelby kids
    I believe a brother sister combo is it. Who are all these other kids??

    For the record==This boy and girl were born and raised in Eastern Kentucky, lived in Shelby for four years. Did Shelby steal them from Elkhorn City? Just wondering.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Posts
    920

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2tone View Post
    Yep, spencer pulling in all Shelby kids
    Kids leaving Shelby to go to Spencer. It's a strange world.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    207

    Quote Originally Posted by magicfan217 View Post
    Kids leaving Shelby to go to Spencer. It's a strange world.
    Times change.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    The Mill
    Posts
    112

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardsrule1972 View Post
    I believe a brother sister combo is it. Who are all these other kids??

    For the record==This boy and girl were born and raised in Eastern Kentucky, lived in Shelby for four years. Did Shelby steal them from Elkhorn City? Just wondering.
    Hey! Hey! Hey! for the genteel up here in NKY, well, we prefer "situationally upgrading"....Makes it much more palatable for the hijackers in these here parts.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    207

    Quote Originally Posted by carpediem View Post
    Hey! Hey! Hey! for the genteel up here in NKY, well, we prefer "situationally upgrading"....Makes it much more palatable for the hijackers in these here parts.
    You funny.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Posts
    2,122

    Congrats to Coach Blanton. He will work really hard for the Rockets.

Top