9th Region Cats Pause

Page 3 of 1. Homes 2. Conner 3. Highlands 4. Ryle 5. Newport Central Catholic 6. Holy Cross 7. Dixie Heights 8. St. Henry 9. Cooper 10. Notre Dame 1. Lexi Held -... 152 comments | 19010 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    Independence, Kentucky
    Posts
    125

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    So the Hurst girl from Conner isn't better than some of those girls listed?

    Yes she is..
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    RCC9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 12
    Posts
    7,944

    [QUOTE=N2thepaint;6075679]
    Quote Originally Posted by RCC9 View Post


    Yes, that is all I responded to because I know that no member of HHS was on either EYBL team. If you are referring to the events that 95% of the girls that played this summer attended and played in, what separates the HHS girls form the others who also played in the same tourneys???? Nothing.

    Also, maybe your idea of athletic and mine are completely different.
    Possibly. But you say 95% of the kids played in. So you're saying that 95% of the kids that play high school ball in NKY played in those events??? Don't think so! And no way did 95% of the sophomores in NKY did. Your waaaaayyyyy off there.

    But lets get to what your question was actually about. Then you tell me which sophomore class has the resume that rivals that class. Again, you don't want to back up your accusations with any facts. You asked me why I feel they are arguably the best soph class and I tell you, but you don't tell me why they aren't.

    Your question wasn't to differentiate those girls between the other kids that play competitive ball. Your question was what differiates their high school sophomore class from from other nky high school sophomore classes.

    And I never claimed any of them played on "the EYBL" team. Which you haven't said which EYBL team you're even talking about. You're making some assumptions. Is there only one EBYL team? Well who in the world do they play then!!???

    And yes, yours and my definition of athletic and talent is different. We've already had that discussion.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Posts
    409

    Conner and Highlands unquestioningly have the two strongest sophomore classes IMO. Of course I also think Maddie Scherr may have been the best player in the region as an 8th grader, and I expect her to be easily the best by the end of this season. Just my opinions though.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    Independence, Kentucky
    Posts
    125

    [QUOTE=RCC9;6075704]
    Quote Originally Posted by N2thepaint View Post

    Possibly. But you say 95% of the kids played in. So you're saying that 95% of the kids that play high school ball in NKY played in those events??? Don't think so! And no way did 95% of the sophomores in NKY did. Your waaaaayyyyy off there.

    But lets get to what your question was actually about. Then you tell me which sophomore class has the resume that rivals that class. Again, you don't want to back up your accusations with any facts. You asked me why I feel they are arguably the best soph class and I tell you, but you don't tell me why they aren't.

    Your question wasn't to differentiate those girls between the other kids that play competitive ball. Your question was what differiates their high school sophomore class from from other nky high school sophomore classes.

    And I never claimed any of them played on "the EYBL" team. Which you haven't said which EYBL team you're even talking about. You're making some assumptions. Is there only one EBYL team? Well who in the world do they play then!!???

    And yes, yours and my definition of athletic and talent is different. We've already had that discussion.

    You pride yourself on being the 9th region's most knowledgeable person...But your not... You agree Conner is too 5, but you don't think they have sophomore players that can compete with HHS?? Of course you think HHS has the best, we do this every year..we will revisit the best of every class after season started since a lot can change in a year and you nor I know who has peaked and who has gotten better.

    Also, there's a 15u & a 16/17u EYBL team in Ky.(2 teams). They play other EYBL teams from other states.. But in KY there is only the 15U Milby and 17u Parmley teams... Not all premier teams are EYBL..lol.

    And yes, 95% of the girls who played AAU this summer played in the same tourneys even Legacy and Kings, etc.. EVERY player in the tourneys had the same opportunity to shine...

  5. #35
    RCC9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 12
    Posts
    7,944

    Follow along. Geez!

    Where do I say Conner doesn't have players that can compete with that class?? I say it multiple times and I said arguably that HHS was the best. Do you even read what I type or do you just read and hear what you want to hear???

    And where in the world have I ever said I pride myself on being the most knowledgable 9th region person. I offer my opinion. You don't have to read it!! Lol! Never have said I'm a 9th region expert. But I do know a lot about it!

    And typically the kids that turn out to have great years are the ones that get talked about the most in pre-season. Go back and look it up!

    You don't think I don't know that not all Primeire teams arent EYBL?? My daughter plays for Primeire and I know several of the coaches and leaders. I know what teams are EYBL. You're the one that brought that up. I only said it to describe "competitive ball". Not once did I say any of the HHS players played on those top teams!! AGAIN, keep up.

    And AGAIN, 95 percent of the kids that played in the summer played in those events. Agree 100%! But that wasn't the justification I used to justify the class. What you're not realizing is that compared to other sophomore classes, they have more kids playing that level (other than Conner maybe) so if you are a sophomore class and you are comparing sophomore classes, wouldn't one way be to determine how many kids they have playing at a high level?? Heck some have none playing at that level and some have 1 or 2. And what about the rest of the things I used to justify? You just ignore those because they don't support your argument? Heck even someone else has chimed in and agreed they are the two best classes.

    You just like to argue and you're upset, but I didn't make the list.

    You said HHS was no way number three. I asked why and you still haven't told me and I asked you to tell me which sophomore class is better. And you still haven't told me. I answer your questions and all you want to do is critique me. Lets hear your reasoning about any of the stuff you say.

    I intold you why HHS will be just fine and part of that was because they have a very strong sophomore class and a really nice senior with some other nice players left from last year and somehow we end up on who plays for the EYBL teams???!!! Talk about diverting.


    Again, I know (and several others that are following this conversation) why you're mad. But I had nothing to do with it. I'm putting my opinions out on here just like you. Why do you care so much??

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Nky
    Posts
    100

    Beal from HC is a top 3-5 player in the region.

  7. #37
    RCC9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 12
    Posts
    7,944

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuces22 View Post
    Beal from HC is a top 3-5 player in the region.
    From what I've heard, there is no Beal at HC. At Boone now if I'm not mistaken.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Jun 16
    Posts
    18

    I believe Maddie Scherr is the only one on this list to play on the 15u Milby EYBL team. Surprised to see her ranked 7

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    Independence, Kentucky
    Posts
    125

    Quote Originally Posted by RCC9 View Post
    Follow along. Geez!

    Where do I say Conner doesn't have players that can compete with that class?? I say it multiple times and I said arguably that HHS was the best. Do you even read what I type or do you just read and hear what you want to hear???

    And where in the world have I ever said I pride myself on being the most knowledgable 9th region person. I offer my opinion. You don't have to read it!! Lol! Never have said I'm a 9th region expert. But I do know a lot about it!

    And typically the kids that turn out to have great years are the ones that get talked about the most in pre-season. Go back and look it up!

    You don't think I don't know that not all Primeire teams arent EYBL?? My daughter plays for Primeire and I know several of the coaches and leaders. I know what teams are EYBL. You're the one that brought that up. I only said it to describe "competitive ball". Not once did I say any of the HHS players played on those top teams!! AGAIN, keep up.

    And AGAIN, 95 percent of the kids that played in the summer played in those events. Agree 100%! But that wasn't the justification I used to justify the class. What you're not realizing is that compared to other sophomore classes, they have more kids playing that level (other than Conner maybe) so if you are a sophomore class and you are comparing sophomore classes, wouldn't one way be to determine how many kids they have playing at a high level?? Heck some have none playing at that level and some have 1 or 2. And what about the rest of the things I used to justify? You just ignore those because they don't support your argument? Heck even someone else has chimed in and agreed they are the two best classes.

    You just like to argue and you're upset, but I didn't make the list.

    You said HHS was no way number three. I asked why and you still haven't told me and I asked you to tell me which sophomore class is better. And you still haven't told me. I answer your questions and all you want to do is critique me. Lets hear your reasoning about any of the stuff you say.

    I intold you why HHS will be just fine and part of that was because they have a very strong sophomore class and a really nice senior with some other nice players left from last year and somehow we end up on who plays for the EYBL teams???!!! Talk about diverting.


    Again, I know (and several others that are following this conversation) why you're mad. But I had nothing to do with it. I'm putting my opinions out on here just like you. Why do you care so much??
    Am I mad??? Lol. Not even close. You'll know if I am.. I dont care at all actually about the list, its PRESEASON!!!! you just got all.bothered because I don't think HHS is top 3.. I still feel that way. lol. I believe I GAVE mad props to Coooer and NDA because some are sleeping on them. But you turn it into I'm mad? Lmao. Ok. And I also backed up my reason behind what I felt about Dixie, but only your reasons are legit. Lol.

    I honestly don't even read most of what you say. It's always too long and exhausting, plus you back track a lot.. As far as the list, I could care less. It won't mean anything when season starts. Like I said, a lot can change in a year! Besides, clearly every coach didn't vote.

  10. #40
    RCC9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 12
    Posts
    7,944

    Look, we all know you're bitter. At me, at KY Premier, at your old high school coaches and now The Cats Pause. I get it. But I don't have time to discuss this any longer.

    You say you don't read it, but you sure respond a lot! Lol! And you try to address at least SOME of whats in there. Lol!

    All I asked was for you to justify your thoughts and comments. And you never do. Anyone can throw out random jabs and thoughts without any substance. But that's fine. I get it.

    I give credit to plenty other kids and teams. But I'm not allowed to ask why someone comments in a certain way about a team. I also asked you why you were so high on ND. And guess what, no response! Lol. And that was only a one line post! Lol! You only respond to what you want, you divert, and you never answer questions. But I get it! you want your voice heard! That's great. It's what this site is about.

    Look, it's real easy. Just don't click on my posts and you don't have to worry about it! But I know, you just can't help yourself.

    And BTW, this is the Cats Pause list, not the coaches poll! But I'm sure if all the coaches voted, the list would be much different! Lol!

    If you need to talk, stalk...I mean... look me up on facebook again!

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Nky
    Posts
    100

    I didn't say she was "at" HC I said she was "from HC. Not why sure that matters anyway. I think you knew who the reference was to.

  12. #42
    RCC9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 12
    Posts
    7,944

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuces22 View Post
    I didn't say she was "at" HC I said she was "from HC. Not why sure that matters anyway. I think you knew who the reference was to.
    It doesn't matter. Just letting you know she's not at HC any longer. But you probably found that out after talking to them.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Posts
    9

    FYI-it's confirmed that Juliet McGregor will be playing for Ryle this season. That could make things interesting.

  14. #44
    RCC9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 12
    Posts
    7,944

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo@13 View Post
    FYI-it's confirmed that Juliet McGregor will be playing for Ryle this season. That could make things interesting.
    Hmmmm!!!

    Great to hear!!! Love that kid!!!

    New player in the game!!! You want to talk about athletic!!!

    Is it too late to put her on this list??? Lol!

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Heaterville ,USA
    Posts
    1,213

    Quote Originally Posted by N2thepaint View Post
    Every one of these teams are off.. This is where the coaches would like to be.. Not where they are.. Highlands is overrated and in my opinion, Notre Dame should be moved up and how did St. Henry and Dixie make the top 10? The whole list is off...If anyone is going by last year, the list still does not make sense..
    Dixie and St Henry return just about all there starters and most of the team. Both kinda on the younger side last year. Why would you put ND in front ? They lost a lot of scoring from last year.

Tags for this Thread

Top