2015/16 Girls 6th Region Rankings Week 1
There is not much change to the preseason rankings for the 6th region this week as teams kicked off their seasons. In the top four, Bullitt East moved up a spot sliding Mercy back one after Mercy went 1-2 against a tough opening week schedule. Valley climbed several spots after beating Moore and a close defeat at the hands of Bullitt Central. Moore dropped a few spots after starting off 0-3 and seemingly struggling to put points on the board. When the new coach gets his system in place, the Lady Mustangs could easily climb back up the ladder. Most everyone else stayed close to where they were previously projected.
1.Butler Bearettes (2-0)-With wins over Male and Central in the opening week, no reason to knock the Bearettes from the top rung.
2.Bullitt East Lady Chargers (1-0)-The Chargers only played one game in the opening week and it was a convincing win over Presentation Academy. They have a huge matchup with Butler (12-8). With a win, the Chargers would take the driverís seat EARLY in the season.
3.Mercy Jaguars (1-2)-The Jaguars opened up the season with a tough slate: Eastern, CAL, Southwestern. They only managed 1 win out of 3, but probably got tougher and learned a lot about their team.
4.North Bullitt Lady Eagles (3-0)-The Lady Eagles went undefeated on the week with wins over Assumption, Oldham County, and John Hardin. Assumption and Oldham County seemed to go as expected, but the John Hardin margin of victory was small.
5. PRP (2-0)-Pleasure Ridge Park opened up the week with easy wins over Moore and Western. Their first real test will come against Male on December 11th.
6.Fern Creek Lady Tigers (3-1)-The Lady Tigers were the busiest team in the region playing 4 games in the first week. They came out with victories over Oldham County, Iroquois, and Doss. But were handed their first defeat of the season by Christian Academy of Louisville.
7. Bullitt Central Lady Cougars (2-1)-The Lady Cougars bounced back from a close defeat to Trimble County with wins over Jtown and Valley. Jtown was a large margin, the game with Valley was closer than most expected?
8. Holy Cross Lady Cougars (2-0)-The Lady Cougars hold their position with wins over Shawnee and Waggener. Coach Jeffersonís team will get their next test from Western on 12-8.
9. Valley Lady Vikings (1-2)-The Lady Vikings jump up in the rankings with a big win over Moore and a closer than expected game with Bullitt Central. Coach Chris Webb has some pieces and now just has to put his puzzle together.
10.Fairdale Lady Bulldogs (1-2)-The Bulldogs had a tough start to the season losing to 8th region power Shelby County. They finished the week with a victory over Southern and loss to Lloyd Memorial. They will get a chance to make a statement on 12-8 when they take on North Bullitt.
11.Doss Lady Dragons (1-1)-Doss held their position at #11 going 1-1 over the first week of the season. They defeated Southern and lost to Fern Creek.
12.Western Lady Warriors (1-2)-The Lady Warriors started their season with a victory over Atherton. The week ended with losses to Covington Holmes (one of the best teams in the state) and region foe PRP. Western gets a big test in Holy Cross 12-8.
13.Moore Lady Mustangs (0-3)-Moore struggled to put points on the board scoring only 73 points total in losses to PRP, Valley and Bellevue. If they can put up a few more points, Moore can slide back up a few notches.
14.Southern Lady Trojans (0-3)-Southern opened the season with losses to Doss, Fairdale, and North Oldham.
15.Iroquois Lady Raiders (0-2)-The Lady Raiders struggled through the first week of the season with losses to Fern Creek and Jeffersontown.
16.Whitefield Lady Wildcats (1-2)-Whitefield got a one point win vs. Burgin sandwiched between losses to Louisville Collegiate and Spencer County.
17.Beth Haven Lady Bobcats (2-0)-Beth Haven went 2-0 against Kentucky School for the Deaf and Christian Fellowship. They may well deserve to be a couple of spots higher and will get the opportunity to prove that in a game with Valley on 12-11.
18. Evangel is apparently not fielding a girls basketball team this season.