13th Region Girls Rankings Jan. 18-Jan. 25
1. Harlan County (13-6, 7-1) The Lady Black Bears hang on to the top spot, and have won two games in a row, including a win over former top-ranked Harlan a couple of weeks ago.
2. Bell County (10-5, 3-2) The defending 13th Region champions are winners of one game in a row, and have a big game ahead against No. 1 ranked Harlan County this week.
3. Harlan (16-3, 8-2) After losing to both Harlan County and Harlan in the WYMT Classic, the Lady Green Dragons responded well by winning three in a row, including the 13th Region All A Classic championship.
4. North Laurel (12-6, 7-1) The Lady Jaguars might just be playing better than anyone in the region right now. The Lady Jaguars are riding an eight-game win streak, but have a big match-up Tuesday against Clay County. A team they havent beaten since Feb. 5, 2004.
5. Corbin (11-7, 5-1) The Lady Redounds are winners of five in a row after beating Whitley County this past week on the road. They are now 4-0 against district foes.
6. Clay County (8-9, 6-3) The Lady Tigers will try to continue their dominance against North Laurel Tuesday, a team they havent lost to since Feb. 5, 2004.
7. Knox Central (7-9, 7-2) The Lady Panthers are rolling since losing seven games in a row. Their win over South Laurel this past week pushed their win streak to two games.
8. South Laurel (6-11, 0-7) The Cardinals are losers of four straight and six of their last eight. They are still searching for their first win against a regional opponent.
9. Lynn Camp (11-9, 6-4) The Lady Wildcats look to be rolling even though they lost to Harlan int he finals of the 13th Region All A Classic championship game. They responded with an overtime road win against Tates Creek.
10. Whitley County (8-9, 3-5) The Lady Colonels have now lost five in a row after falling to Corbin at home this past week.
11. Middlesboro (10-8, 5-5) The Lady Yellow Jackets are 2-5 during their last seven games.
12. Jackson County (7-6, 4-4) The Lady Generals have dropped two in a row and five out of their last seven games.
13. Pineville (11-5, 6-5) The Lady Mountain Lions advanced to the 13th Region All A Classic semifinals this past week.
14. OBI (5-8, 3-6) The Lady Mountaineers have dropped five in a row since starting the season 5-3.
15. Barbourville (7-12, 0-6) The Lady Tigers have lost five games in a row.
16. Williamsburg (2-10, 0-7) The Lady Yellow jackets are 1-7 during their last eight games.
17. Red Bird (1-10, 0-9) The Lady Cardinals are losers of five straight.