13th Region Girls Rankings Jan. 11 - Jan. 18
1. Harlan County (12-6 overall, 7-1 against 13th Region competition) The Lady Black Bears move to the top spot after upending Harlan in the WYMT Classic, 46-45. Keep an eye on Harlan County. The Lady Black Bears look to be peaking at the right time.
2. Bell County (9-5, 2-2) The defending 13th Region champions remain at the No. 2 spot after upending former No.1 Harlan, 38-32.
3. Harlan County (13-3, 5-2) It wasnt a good week for the Lady Green dragons. Not only did they lose two games, but both of the losses turned out to be against 52nd District rivals Bell County and Harlan County.
4. North Laurel (10-6, 6-1) The Lady Jaguars are winners of six straight, and look to be catching fire at the right time.
5. Corbin (9-7, 3-1) The Lady Redounds are another team that looks like they are playing well at the right time.
6. Clay County (6-8, 4-3) The Lady Tigers are winners of three straight, which includes an impressive 45-40 win over 14th Region favorite Leslie County.
7. Knox Central (6-9, 6-2) The Lady Panthers snapped a seven-game win streak with a double-digit win against Lynn Camp.
8. Lynn Camp (8-8, 4-3) The Lady Wildcats rebounded from a 51st District loss to Knox Central by defeating Whitley County on the road, 50-42, which in turn was coach Richard Jones first-ever win against the Lady Colonels.
9. Whitley County (8-8, 3-4) The Lady Colonels are struggling. After starting the season with a 5-0 record, they are 3-8 since, including riding a current four-game losing streak.
10. South Laurel (6-9, 0-5) The Lady Cardinals are only one of four teams to not have beaten a 13th Region team so far this season.
11. Pineville (10-4, 5-4) The Lady Mountain Lions had a minor setback this past week, losing to 51st District foe Lynn Camp.
12. Middlesboro (9-6, 4-3) The Lady Yellow Jackets posted an 0-1 record this past week, but still manages to cling on to the No. 12 spot.
13. Jackson County (7-4, 4-2) The Lady Generals picked up a good 49th District win this past week by defeating Oneida Baptist.
14. Oneida Baptist (9-3, 4-3) Madison Kehler continues to be one of the best-kept secrets in the region. She scored 27 of her teams 41 points in a 20-point loss to Jackson County. The Lady Mountaineers have now lost three straight games.
15. Barbourville (7-11, 0-5) The Lady Tigers are another team that is struggling at times.
16. Williamsburg (2-9, 0-6) The Lady Yellow Jackets are 1-6 during their past seven games.
17. Red Bird (1-8, 0-7) The Lady Cardinals dropped another 51st District contest this past week, this time to North Laurel.