13th Region Girls Rankings Dec. 21-28
1. Harlan Lady Green Dragons (6-0 overall) — The Lady Green Dragons flexed their muscles this past week, and showed why they’re the No. 1 ranked team. They’ve already defeated North Laurel, and now they picked up wins over both Bell County (55-45) and Harlan County (59-50) this past week. Brooklyn Massengill and Jordan Brock led the way against Bell County with 14 points apiece while combining to score a combined 50 points against Harlan County. Brock scored 26 points while Massengill added 24.
2. North Laurel Lady Jaguars (2-3) — The Lady Jaguars are barely hanging on at the No. 2 spot. They dropped an 85-71 decision to Scott County this past week.
3. Harlan County Lady Black Bears (6-2) — The Lady Black Bears were rolling with a four-game win streak until their 59-50 loss to Harlan this past week.
4. Bell County Lady Bobcats (4-2) — The Lady Bobcats hit a bump in the road with back-to-back losses to Bryan Station (57-54) and Harlan (55-45), but they did manage to pick up a win over Scott, Tennessee (53-45) on Friday.
5. Knox Central Lady Panthers (5-2) — The lady Panthers don’t win games on style points, but they do what it takes to win. Knox Central captured the Bowman Classic title this past week by picking up wins over Williamsburg (70-53), Whitley County (60-43) and Pineville (49-35).
6. Whitley County Lady Colonels (6-2) — After staring the season 4-0, the Lady Colonels have hit a little slide, going 2-2 during their last four games.
7. Corbin Lady Redhounds (3-3) — The Lady Redounds are losers of two straight. They dropped an 86-53 decision to 12th Region power Mercer County while falling to another 12th Region team, Pulaski County, 72-50.
8. Clay County Lady Tigers (3-4) — It’s weird seeing the lady Tigers fall this far, but graduation has taken its toll on them the past couple of years. With that said, they did pick up impressive wins over Oneida Baptist (73-59) and South Laurel (43-28).
9. South Laurel Lady Cardinals (4-5) — Like Clay County, the Lady Cardinals are young. They’ve lost four out of their six games, but have been very competitive during the stretch.
10. Oneida Baptist Lady Mountaineers (5-4) — This is a team that can surprise. They’ve been a bit inconsistent, but they are dangerous.
11. Middlesboro Lady Yellow Jackets (7-3) — The Lady Yellow Jackets have been much-improved since their opening-season loss to Lynn Camp.
12. Pineville Lady Mountain Lions (7-3) — The Lady Mountain Lions are putting together an impressive season so far, thanks to the play of Jill Enix.
13. Jackson County Lady Generals (5-1) — The Lady Generals have been one of the bigger surprises so far this season.
14. Lynn Camp Lady Wildcats (4-4) — The Lady Wildcats could easily be ranked in the top 10, but they have to be more consistent.
15. Barbourville Lady Tigers (5-6) — The Lady Tigers are much-improved as well. Coach Brandon Simpson is doing a great job with his squad.
16. Williamsburg Lady Yellow Jackets (2-7) — The addition of sophomore Madison Centers will do nothing but make Williamsburg even better.
17. Red Bird Lady Cardinals (1-6) — The Lady Cardinals saw their one-game win streak come to an end after falling to Pineville, 59-24.