13th Region Girls Rankings Dec. 14-20
1. Harlan Lady Green Dragons — The Lady Green Dragons keep rolling a long. Harlan is now 4-0 after picking up impressive wins over Middlesboro and Letcher Central. Since beating North Laurel in its season-opener by three points, the Lady Green Dragons’ margin of victory has been 31 points per game during their last three contests.
2. North Laurel Lady Jaguars — The Lady Jaguars are barely holding on to the two-spot. They are 2-2 on the season, and suffered a setback by losing to Pulaski County Saturday. North Laurel did manage to beat Rockcastle County earlier int he week, 70-68, as Kayla Bruner and Hannah Lawson scored 19 points apiece in the win.
3. Harlan County Lady Black Bears — The Lady Black Bears are now 5-1 on the season after surviving a scare against South Laurel Saturday by pulling out a 58-52 road win.
4. Bell County Lady Bobcats — The Lady Bobcats have been rolling so far this season, but fell to Bryan Station Saturday in the Lady Defender Classic, losing, 57-54.
5. Knox Central Lady Panthers — The Lady Panthers are a hard team to figure out. The two times I’ve watched them play, they are 0-2 and have lost by an average of 23.5 points during those games. But with that said, Wendi Hammons’ squad have picked up two big wins by defeating Corbin on the road by 15 points while handing Whitley County a 60-43 loss Saturday in Lynn Camp’s Bowman Classic.
6. Whitley County Lady Colonels — The Lady Colonels are now 5-1 on the season after falling to Knox Central, 60-43, Saturday.
7. Corbin Lady Redounds - The Lady Redounds picked up a big win over Leslie County this past week, but then fell to 12th Region power Mercer County Saturday, 86-53.
8. Clay County Lady Tigers — The Lady Tigers are off to their worst start in recent memory. Their lone win is against Red Bird, and they suffered a 64-38 loss to Harlan this past week.
9. South Laurel Lady Cardinals — The Lady Cardinals have dropped two in a row, but they could very well be one of the surprise teams in the region by season’s end.
10. Jackson County Lady Generals — Keep an eye on the Lady Generals. They are unbeaten at 4-0 and picked up an impressive win over Oneida Baptist, as Cierra Crowe scored 26 points in the win.
11. Pineville Lady Mountain Lions — The Lady Mountain Lions are another team to watch. They make their first appearance in the Top 10 with a 4-1 record.
12. Oneida Baptist Lady Mountaineers — The Lady Mountaineers have been inconsistent, but the play of Madison Kehler hasn’t been. She leads the team with a 17.9 scoring average.
13. Lynn Camp Lady Wildcats — The Lady Wildcats are going to have to develop some depth or they’re going to continue to struggle. They did turn in a good performance against Whitley County.
14. Middlesboro Lady Yellow Jackets — The Lady Yellow jackets look to be much improved this season. Their record is 3-3 at the present time.
15. Barbourville Lady Tigers — The Lady Tigers might just be 2-5, but they are improving.
16. Williamsburg Lady Yellow Jackets — Once the Lady Yellow Jackets get healed up, look for them to surprise some teams.
17. Red Bird Lady Cardinals — The Lady Cardinals are struggling at 0-5 on the season.