10th Region Player Of The Year

Page 2 of None of this is even relevant considering this is 10th region POY. Advertisement Feb 10, 16, 11:07 PM #62 Lawnboy13 View Profile View Forum Posts ... 76 comments | 7723 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    222

    Bailey will win it, mainly because she is a senior and there aren't any other seniors putting up those kind of numbers. Its a shame that only seniors can win this, a Campbell vs Mason rematch with multiple players having a chance to win POY would be an interesting game IMO
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Mayberry, NC
    Posts
    127

    What were Bailey's stats again against Mason County and in the All A state tournament game again? Can someone refresh my memory on how that went?

  3. #18
    polarbear98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    The Igloo, and the Glacier
    Posts
    4,028

    Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    Kylie Krammer and Taylor Jolly are both seniors as well as Emily Schultz.
    Didn't know Jolley was a sr. Oversight on my part. Still don't think anyone other than Cummins wins it.

  4. #19
    Vito Corleone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,150

    Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    POY should be a member off of the Mason Co or Campbell Co team.

    If I recall correctly the Lady Royals completely shut Bailey down. Crazy what happens when you play good opponents isn't it?
    Mason County is way more than "good". Because this is a senior award it's Bailey Cummins. Even though she was completely shut down at All A state and Mason County. Whitney Ohmara has it locked for next year

  5. #20
    TripleSevens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 11
    Posts
    1,510

    Quote Originally Posted by hydraman View Post
    If statistics were how the POY awards were given out then Whitney Creech would be given the Naismith (POY for the US) award hands down. But she's not good enough to play at a top 20 college...

    When Bracken faces top competition Baileys stats are limited, percentages are lower (these type of players just shoot more than anyone else). The Beechwood girl has the same thing happen. I think the 9th has it worse. The top players on NCC and Beechwood are not nearly as good players as the top players on Holmes, Ryle, Highlands and NDA's teams.
    The bolded is highly incorrect. Davenport and Johnson are clearly amongst the 9th regions best.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Mayberry, NC
    Posts
    127

    Quote Originally Posted by Vito Corleone View Post
    Mason County is way more than "good". Because this is a senior award it's Bailey Cummins. Even though she was completely shut down at All A state and Mason County. Whitney Ohmara has it locked for next year
    It sucks that it is a senior award, it should be the best player regardless of age.

  7. #22
    polarbear98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    The Igloo, and the Glacier
    Posts
    4,028

    Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    It sucks that it is a senior award, it should be the best player regardless of age.

    This I am in total agreement with!!

  8. #23
    OpieTaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Mayberry
    Posts
    1,569

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyappleseed2 View Post
    Who will be 10th Region player of the year this year?
    It's a shame these threads, whether it be here or on the boys side become so critical of kids by name rather than just answering the original question.

  9. #24
    polarbear98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    The Igloo, and the Glacier
    Posts
    4,028

    Quote Originally Posted by OpieTaylor View Post
    It's a shame these threads, whether it be here or on the boys side become so critical of kids by name rather than just answering the original question.

    I tried to Opie

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    305

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleSevens View Post
    The bolded is highly incorrect. Davenport and Johnson are clearly amongst the 9th regions best.
    I appreciate your opinion of these players. But IMHO if I were picking a team I would take the following girls over those two -

    Harris
    T. McClendon
    L.johnson
    Schwartz
    Lange
    Jump
    Leigh
    Adler
    J.martin
    Saner
    D.mclendon

    I've seen all these girls play over multiple seasons including AAU ball (which I think separates out players better because it's an equal playing field). College interest level would agree with me on this list also. Because these 11 girls play on better school teams against better competition shouldn't mean they don't get POY honors, it should go to the best all-around player. Just to be super clear, I think Davenport and Johnson are excellent players and surely great kids. There's just 11 other 9th region players is rather have on my team before them.

    In keeping with the 10th - forgot it was a senior only thing. In that case Bailey Cummins is a front runner because she's possibly the best player in her grade. Schulz, Kramer and Jolly should be considered as well, but Bailey is likely a better overall player than those three.

    Why is naming names here bad? If my daughter was mentioned in a POY thread (even if people were saying why she shouldn't get the award) I'd think she would be honored.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Mayberry, NC
    Posts
    127

    If I were the player receiving the award because I was simply a senior and knew there were better candidates for the award I'd take it as a slap in the face.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    103

    Quote Originally Posted by hydraman View Post
    If statistics were how the POY awards were given out then Whitney Creech would be given the Naismith (POY for the US) award hands down. But she's not good enough to play at a top 20 college...

    When Bracken faces top competition Baileys stats are limited, percentages are lower (these type of players just shoot more than anyone else). The Beechwood girl has the same thing happen. I think the 9th has it worse. The top players on NCC and Beechwood are not nearly as good players as the top players on Holmes, Ryle, Highlands and NDA's teams.


    Hold on a minute, first this is a 10th region thread and your addressing 9th region players. Have you watched any 9th region games to make this type of comment Davenport NCC and Johnson Beechwood trust me I've watched a lot of 9th region and 10th region games this year and they are not only the best players on their current teams but would be the 1 of the top players if not the top player on any of the above teams you've listed. I would go as far as saying that they would also be the one of the top if not the top player on Campbell County or Mason County teams as well and yes I've watched both Campbell and Mason multiple times this year as well. If you want to by by stats then check out Johnson's shooting percentage 48% on 2point, 47.7 from 3point, 89.9 Ft. so if she is getting shut down I don't know who is doing it. If I'm coaching Beechwood I'm telling her to shoot more..

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    381

    Quote Originally Posted by JTRU View Post
    [/B]

    Hold on a minute, first this is a 10th region thread and your addressing 9th region players. Have you watched any 9th region games to make this type of comment Davenport NCC and Johnson Beechwood trust me I've watched a lot of 9th region and 10th region games this year and they are not only the best players on their current teams but would be the 1 of the top players if not the top player on any of the above teams you've listed. I would go as far as saying that they would also be the one of the top if not the top player on Campbell County or Mason County teams as well and yes I've watched both Campbell and Mason multiple times this year as well. If you want to by by stats then check out Johnson's shooting percentage 48% on 2point, 47.7 from 3point, 89.9 Ft. so if she is getting shut down I don't know who is doing it. If I'm coaching Beechwood I'm telling her to shoot more..
    I disagree that either one of those 2 girls would be the top player on either Campbell or Mason County but you are entitled to your opinion. Like you said above this is a 10th region thread and not a 9th region so let's get back to the topic at hand.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    381

    I think the best player in the region should earn the award regardless of the grade they are in. It's not called Senior POY Award but since it is a seniors award my top 4 candidates would be.
    Jolly
    Cummins
    Schultz
    Kramer

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Posts
    3

    Sydney Anderson from GRC is also a senior and has had a very good senior year. She is a 4-year starter and a big contributor to the 2014 Sweet 16 Final 4 team and last year's regional runner-up team.

Top