Xenith Shadow - new helmet for 2019

  1. #1
    ChiefSmoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    US 68
    Posts
    1,639

    Xenith Shadow - new helmet for 2019

    Thought the BGPreps crowd would like this.... here is the new Xenith Shadow helmet for 2019. I've been a fan of Xenith from the beginning. The helmet works with shock absorbers instead of padding. Also, the shock absorbers are in a bonnet that is pulled around your head when you fasten the chinstrap, separating your head from the helmet shell.

    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 4.15.16 PM.png
Views: 796
Size:  289.6 KB

    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 4.15.34 PM.png
Views: 793
Size:  279.8 KB
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    8,597

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefSmoke View Post
    Thought the BGPreps crowd would like this.... here is the new Xenith Shadow helmet for 2019. I've been a fan of Xenith from the beginning. The helmet works with shock absorbers instead of padding. Also, the shock absorbers are in a bonnet that is pulled around your head when you fasten the chinstrap, separating your head from the helmet shell.

    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 4.15.16 PM.png
Views: 796
Size:  289.6 KB

    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 4.15.34 PM.png
Views: 793
Size:  279.8 KB
    I like Xenith helmets, but in my experience, kids either love them, or absolutely hate them. There never seems to be an in between. Looking at the price though, $479 is going to put them out of reach for many programs.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    102

    That face mask looks dangerous. Fingers could easily get caught between the bars causing damage to the fingers. Looks like they are trying too hard to be different.

  4. #4
    El Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Location
    The Fort
    Posts
    717

    Definitely trying too hard. I hate the rhino nose and how the facemask leaks all over the helmet.

  5. #5
    ChiefSmoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    US 68
    Posts
    1,639

    For what it’s worth, they have the 5 Star rating from Va. Tech AND our kids are really excited about them!

  6. #6
    El Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Location
    The Fort
    Posts
    717

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefSmoke View Post
    For what it’s worth, they have the 5 Star rating from Va. Tech AND our kids are really excited about them!
    If they’re protecting those young’s brains better, can’t hate em.

  7. #7
    barrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Posts
    1,595

    I think it’s great that a district is willing to spend money on helmets like this. There are some districts that don’t pay for reconditioning.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,848

    You wouldn’t have ever caught me in one of those.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    8,597

    Quote Originally Posted by Roundsteak View Post
    That face mask looks dangerous. Fingers could easily get caught between the bars causing damage to the fingers. Looks like they are trying too hard to be different.
    I’m sure there are other facemask options available, most of which will be more traditional looking.

  10. #10
    ChiefSmoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    US 68
    Posts
    1,639

    Quote Originally Posted by rjs4470 View Post
    I’m sure there are other facemask options available, most of which will be more traditional looking.
    Correct.

  11. #11
    ChiefSmoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    US 68
    Posts
    1,639

    Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    I think it’s great that a district is willing to spend money on helmets like this. There are some districts that don’t pay for reconditioning.
    Good point.

    1- As a Xenith Elite football program, we get one helmet free for everyone we purchase. We also do our reconditioning through Xenith. Their work was outstanding and I was very pleased with the returned helmets.

    2- I agree we are fortunate to have the support we have. Including next season, for 5 years in a row, every regular season home game has a sponsor. That funding has made a big impact on our program and kids. We still have much to do, but we are making progress and I am thankful for the support we have in Harrodsburg/Mercer County.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Posts
    797

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefSmoke View Post
    Good point.

    1- As a Xenith Elite football program, we get one helmet free for everyone we purchase. We also do our reconditioning through Xenith. Their work was outstanding and I was very pleased with the returned helmets.

    2- I agree we are fortunate to have the support we have. Including next season, for 5 years in a row, every regular season home game has a sponsor. That funding has made a big impact on our program and kids. We still have much to do, but we are making progress and I am thankful for the support we have in Harrodsburg/Mercer County.
    We love our Titans! These look great!

  13. #13
    barrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Posts
    1,595

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefSmoke View Post
    Good point.

    1- As a Xenith Elite football program, we get one helmet free for everyone we purchase. We also do our reconditioning through Xenith. Their work was outstanding and I was very pleased with the returned helmets.

    2- I agree we are fortunate to have the support we have. Including next season, for 5 years in a row, every regular season home game has a sponsor. That funding has made a big impact on our program and kids. We still have much to do, but we are making progress and I am thankful for the support we have in Harrodsburg/Mercer County.
    Point one is pretty big factor. You’re getting a 400-500.00 helmet for 200-250.00 which is one heck of a deal. Is there a certain amount you had to buy or buy on a seasonal basis?

    The look might not be for everyone but it’s an easy sell to the parents. Partnering with a program be it Xenith, Adidas, Nike or whoever tends to help sell your program too. The programs that have the ability to do things like this show the how a relationship between strong athletic support and academics can work.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    5,311

    I would love to see a picture of the inside of this helmet.

  15. #15
    El Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Location
    The Fort
    Posts
    717

    Quote Originally Posted by rjs4470 View Post
    I’m sure there are other facemask options available, most of which will be more traditional looking.
    The facemask was the only part I didn’t like.

Top