Will Micah Johnson win Mr. Football

  1. #1
    HOPKINSVILLE TIGER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Indidnapolis, Indiana but never losing my love for the Bluegrass or jumping on the Colts bandwagon!
    Posts
    1,701

    Will Micah Johnson win Mr. Football

    Without making it to the State finals and winning it all?
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,511

    I think LexCath's win will give Burke the advantage. I just don't see a Johnson winning since he's mainly a defensive staple and his statistics however good they are will be overlooked since Burke is on pace to break state records in passing.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,504

    ^ I could not agree anymore.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Posts
    574

    Quote Originally Posted by NEERFAN
    I think LexCath's win will give Burke the advantage. I just don't see a Johnson winning since he's mainly a defensive staple and his statistics however good they are will be overlooked since Burke is on pace to break state records in passing.


  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    Let's throw voter bias into this.

    Burke is going to NC State, Johnson still has Uk on his list of potential schools.

    Because of that Johnson wins.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Posts
    574

    Also WLEX 18 here in Lexington reported Burke was playing on a broken foot. They made it sound like it didn't happen during the game. They said he hurt his knee during the game but gave no more info.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,504

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell
    Let's throw voter bias into this.

    Burke is going to NC State, Johnson still has Uk on his list of potential schools.

    Because of that Johnson wins.

    And Johnson will end up at VaTech...

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    I tend to agree that he will not waste his college carreer in Lexington but he will not announce that until AFTER the Mr. Football balloting.

  9. #9
    The Scribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Somewhere between Possum Trot and Black Gnat
    Posts
    30,581

    Only three of the last 15 Mr. Footballs did not play in a championship game. They were Scott Russell (Evarts -1991); Tim Couch (Leslie Co. - 1995); and Curtis Pulley from Hopkinsville last year. If Johnson wants to win Mr. Football, he had better commit to UK quick.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 03
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,201

    Hard one to call.

    Johnson is THE best player in the state.

    Burke is the best QB

    It all depends on when the votes are due and who votes!

  11. #11
    HC50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    237

    Rod Johnson, shouldn't he be considered?!?!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    10

    Not know, especially if LC wins state

  13. #13

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    KY:)
    Posts
    18,096

    Didn't Johnson miss a game and three quarters?

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Posts
    32,704

    When are the votes done? Before the playoffs? After?

    No question, Johnson is the best overall football player in the state. However, the demands of playing qb have to be considered and Burke has (obviously) done well.

    If you twisted my arm, I vote for Johnson but would understand a vote for Burke.

  15. #15
    UNDERTHEBRIDGE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    2,901

    Quote Originally Posted by 84 Rebel Cohort
    Also WLEX 18 here in Lexington reported Burke was playing on a broken foot. They made it sound like it didn't happen during the game. They said he hurt his knee during the game but gave no more info.
    Im not sure anything is official but he definately entered the game hurt and took a hit or something to cause him more pain. Hopefully he can pad it up next week.

Top