Will Highlands hold LexCath under 40?

Page 4 of Originally Posted by 84 Rebel Cohort Not a regional final but in the 3A Championship final in 03 they got smoked for 44 if my memory serves me correctl... 74 comments | 3377 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    SKNEERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Dont worry about it...
    Posts
    908

    Yes, I believe the Birds can and will hold them under 40 friday night
    Advertisement

  2. #47

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    Mount Vernon, Kentucky
    Posts
    137

    Lexington Catholic's defensive line just gave up too many rushing yards this year, Kramer will get the ball at 15 to 30 times and will get at least a 150 yards and a 3 to 4 touchdown performance. I say Highlands will win this one over 20.

  3. #48

    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Posts
    2,891

    Quote Originally Posted by RockHardKid
    Lexington Catholic's defensive line just gave up too many rushing yards this year, Kramer will get the ball at 15 to 30 times and will get at least a 150 yards and a 3 to 4 touchdown performance. I say Highlands will win this one over 20.

    I think Highlands will win, but any fans from either team predicting a large margin of victory are sadly mistaken. Too much talent on both teams for that.

    Specific to Birds fans, keep in mind LexCath lost to St. X 37-34.

  4. #49
    BoomGoesTheCannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where The City Deer Roam!!!
    Posts
    1,736

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    I think Highlands will win, but any fans from either team predicting a large margin of victory are sadly mistaken. Too much talent on both teams for that.

    Specific to Birds fans, keep in mind LexCath lost to St. X 37-34.
    That's exactly what i want Lex Cath to think. We only lost to St X by 3 and St X mercy ruled Highlands!!!!!!! Keep in mind that Highlands is very hard to beat this time of year,especially at Highlands. Just ask Tim Couch!!!!

  5. #50
    Henry521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    The Team From Fort Thomas AGAIN
    Posts
    8,641

    To answer your question Ru, I don't know and don't care. The pertinent question is: do you think the Birds will score more points than LexCath? And the answer is: yes I do. And no, I don't want to start my own thread.

  6. #51

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    5,328

    I feel the score will be well under 40 for both teams because Highlands will control the clock and win the time of possession game. Lexington Catholic's defense will give up the long drive. This game will only get into the 40's if Highlands gets out to a big lead. The Knights would then make a valiant comeback and score a lot of points and possibly win the game. The lower the scoring, the higher the probability that Highlands will win it!

  7. #52

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    Retired From BGP
    Posts
    6,680

    This is Highlands your talking about.
    This is the Regional Final.
    When was the last time that they were in a game and someone scored 40 in a regional final and it wasn't Highlands?
    Highlands Bluebirds = DEFENSE
    Always has, always will.







    Oh yeah, the answer to your question is yes. They will hold them under 40.

  8. #53
    knightsdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Lexington, Ky. USA
    Posts
    1,194

    Will Highlands hold the score under forty if LexCath gets a two td lead early?

  9. #54

    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Posts
    2,891

    Quote Originally Posted by BoomGoesTheCanon
    That's exactly what i want Lex Cath to think. We only lost to St X by 3 and St X mercy ruled Highlands!!!!!!! Keep in mind that Highlands is very hard to beat this time of year,especially at Highlands. Just ask Tim Couch!!!!

    LexCath's offense is better than Counch's- much more speed- at QB, RB, & WR-put it this way, it is close to Colerain's speed-only in a passing offense as opposed to an option offense.

    LexCath will not be overconfident coming to Ft. Thomas-even if they had been playing at home for that matter.

    If you read my post, I said I think Highlands will win.

  10. #55

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    5,328

    Quote Originally Posted by knightsdad
    Will Highlands hold the score under forty if LexCath gets a two td lead early?
    A very good point. If Lexington Catholic jumps out on Highlands, playing catch-up with the Bluebird offense will be a formidable task! If they are put in that position, it certainly helps that they are: 1.) at home; 2.) playing against Lexington Catholic's defense.

  11. #56
    knightsdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Lexington, Ky. USA
    Posts
    1,194

    I guess the most encouraging thing for me about last week's game for LexCath was that when they got down by ten, they went to the run game to get their confidence back. I think this was when the tailback finished the drive with a fifty yard td on a screen pass on fourth down. I've said it before and I'll say it again, LexCath needs to go to the run game to keep teams honest especially this Friday. We may not score as quickly at first but it seems to give the linemen confidence. Takes mental pressure off Burke too. The last time these two played, Highlands got a big lead by running student body left and right on seemingly every play. The tackles did an excellent job of taking advantage of the gray area of what constitutes holding versus a legitimate block. I hope our guys prepare for this. It's my biggest concern.

  12. #57
    Tough as Nails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    Jessamine County
    Posts
    2,034

    This is a BIG game for Lex Cath. They face much the same hype about this game that Lexington Christian did about last Friday's game. Can the Lexington team beat the NKY team with tradition and a lot of state titles. Lexington Christian did it and I believe that this is the year that Lexington Catholic pulls it off as well.

    Should be a GREAT game and should be close.

  13. #58

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,507

    Yes..but they will still lose, IMO

  14. #59
    Birdsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Vetustior Humo!
    Posts
    62,362

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride
    Yes..but they will still lose, IMO
    ...and we thank you for your support.

  15. #60

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Posts
    574

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman32
    This is Highlands your talking about.
    This is the Regional Final.
    When was the last time that they were in a game and someone scored 40 in a regional final and it wasn't Highlands?
    Highlands Bluebirds = DEFENSE
    Always has, always will.







    Oh yeah, the answer to your question is yes. They will hold them under 40.
    Not a regional final but in the 3A Championship final in 03 they got smoked for 44 if my memory serves me correctly.

Top