Who is the team that your team wants to beat more than anyone else?

Page 5 of Originally Posted by Offcentre67 As much as it pains me to say it, Dixie should have beaten us in 99. Even if you hadn't gotten in the wreck after Beec... 178 comments | 12886 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    15,445

    Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart
    I want to see the mean machine beat the guards in the remake of The Longest Yard!
    The Mean Machine is the name of my Fantasy Football team. And by the way, we won the league this year.
    Advertisement

  2. #62
    TheCoachK28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Location
    The Ole Bluegrass State
    Posts
    664

    Bragging rights- Dixie, always good to have bragging rights, if you beta dixie you no your pretty good
    Pure angry hatred- Boone County

  3. #63
    lockcy brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    1,764

    Cov. Cath

  4. #64
    super's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 03
    Location
    "Serve the Lord with Gladness" Psalm 100
    Posts
    7,952

    It has to be the Tennessee Vols, but they won't play us (Boyle Co.), I think they're scare.

  5. #65
    IronCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Location
    Ashland, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,311

    Quote Originally Posted by super
    It has to be the Tennessee Vols, but they won't play us (Boyle Co.), I think they're scare.
    HaHa thats a good post.

  6. #66
    BFritz21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Where Loyal Bengals fans lurk......
    Posts
    4,582

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman32
    I would have to say CCH and the Battle of Dixie hwy. They're not in our class anymore, but seeing how they beat us 25 years straight untill we took the last 5 of 6 years, it'll live on for both us I'm sure. Other than that, we pretty much just want to beat 'em all equally.
    You shouldn't have beat us in 99 or 01

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    Retired From BGP
    Posts
    6,680

    Quote Originally Posted by BFritz21
    You shouldn't have beat us in 99 or 01
    Shoulda woulda coulda. Fact is, we did. To tell the truth, we should've beat you in 98 too, and if we had more than Sean Randall, we probably would've. You have no idea how much it meant to me (the 99 and 01 wins) on a personal level, and no I'm not CCH bashing, because the Blue Colonels are one of my favorite teams.

  8. #68
    TonyDanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    19,003

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman32
    You have no idea how much it meant to me (the 99 and 01 wins) on a personal level,



    Is it the same feeling from beating T last year??
    Last edited by oneijoe; Apr 7, 05 at 02:47 PM. Reason: fixed quote

  9. #69
    BFritz21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Where Loyal Bengals fans lurk......
    Posts
    4,582

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman32
    Shoulda woulda coulda. Fact is, we did. To tell the truth, we should've beat you in 98 too, and if we had more than Sean Randall, we probably would've. You have no idea how much it meant to me (the 99 and 01 wins) on a personal level, and no I'm not CCH bashing, because the Blue Colonels are one of my favorite teams.
    If I wouldn't have gotten hurt in 99, I doubt you would have beat us. Not that I made that much of a difference, but I think it just killed the momentum we had, we beat the number 19 team in the nation and blew out Boone, then they struggled after the wreck. As far as 01, if I hadn't gotten hurt, I'd be going both ways, same as 99 because they decided to play me both ways the day of the wreck, again I'm not saying I was great, but we would have been tough to beat

  10. #70
    IronCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Location
    Ashland, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,311

    Quote Originally Posted by T cat 72
    It changes from year to year. This year I would like to beat - and beat badly - Prestonsburg. For the little trick they pulled last year.
    I agree. And like you I dont want to beat them by a touchdown I want to beat them by 30 points.

  11. #71

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    Retired From BGP
    Posts
    6,680

    Quote Originally Posted by BFritz21
    If I wouldn't have gotten hurt in 99, I doubt you would have beat us. Not that I made that much of a difference, but I think it just killed the momentum we had, we beat the number 19 team in the nation and blew out Boone, then they struggled after the wreck. As far as 01, if I hadn't gotten hurt, I'd be going both ways, same as 99 because they decided to play me both ways the day of the wreck, again I'm not saying I was great, but we would have been tough to beat
    You were a great athlete and even nicer young man back then Mr. Fritz, and I would give just about anything to find out if you were right. As is usually the case, there was alot of history stuff back then. You had seniors Schnieder, Blackwell, and one other senior (I can't think of his name right now), that went to CCH and transfered to Dixie on the '99 team. Metzger, who went to CCH with you as a freshman and then transfered to Dixie started in both the 99 and 01 games.

  12. #72
    oneijoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Ulysses, KY (a little nowhere between Paintsville and Louisa)
    Posts
    7,196

    Quote Originally Posted by IronCat
    I agree. And like you I dont want to beat them by a touchdown I want to beat them by 30 points.

    Man... that "snake in the grass" play really stuck in your all's craw, didn't it ?!?

    I'm looking forward to coming to Putnam this year. It ought to be a head knocker !!


  13. #73

    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    1,412

    No way

    Quote Originally Posted by oneijoe



    I thought I was the only one that watched that movie...
    Onejoe, its one of my all time favorites!! I can't wait to see the remake!!

  14. #74
    Offcentre67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    In one of the original centres of football power in the US
    Posts
    345

    Quote Originally Posted by BFritz21
    You shouldn't have beat us in 99 or 01
    As much as it pains me to say it, Dixie should have beaten us in 99. Even if you hadn't gotten in the wreck after Beechwood, they stopped the running game and trapted us in the box and we couldn't get out. I do believe we won in 01, its just that we haven't since.

  15. #75

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Middlesboro ,KY
    Posts
    12,735

    Corbin Is the #1 team we want to beat more than any other team.


    Others would Include Breathitt County ,Pikeville (My personal favorite It's always a good feeling knocking them out of the playoffs ) and Beechwood.
    Last edited by oneijoe; Apr 8, 05 at 11:31 AM. Reason: typo... food changed to good

Top