Who is the one player you would hate to lose in the State Finals?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 13
    Posts
    5,681

    Who is the one player you would hate to lose in the State Finals?

    Who is that ONE player that if he got hurt a couple plays into the game or he is just sick and can’t play that would hurt your teams shot at the Championship? I would like to hear all your thoughts from all the teams in the Finals especially from the Class 1A fans of Beechwood and Raceland.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    1,030

    The only player that Beechwood would have a hard time without is Quarterback Brayden Burch. The kid is just a flat out leader and winner. He always seems cool under pressure. I still think the offense would figure it out without him but it would be extremely difficult. I’m sure most teams would say the same position because the quarterback is just that 1 position that is the most difficult to replace.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,497

    Quote Originally Posted by BWTigers View Post
    The only player that Beechwood would have a hard time without is Quarterback Brayden Burch. The kid is just a flat out leader and winner. He always seems cool under pressure. I still think the offense would figure it out without him but it would be extremely difficult. I’m sure most teams would say the same position because the quarterback is just that 1 position that is the most difficult to replace.
    I would speculate that our Covcath brethren would say the same thing about A.J. Mayer. As impressive a high school field general as I have seen in many years.

  4. #4
    85_Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Boyle Co.
    Posts
    2,294

    To me, whatever team you are, your QB is a tough position to replace and be just as effective.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    469

    If there were ever a team that could lose a QB first play of the championship and still pull it off, it would be this year’s Mayfield team. It doesn’t hurt that they’ve ran a 2 QB system all year. Would rather it not be Guthrie, but the one player Mayfield can not afford to lose would be #6 Trey Matthews

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    469

    Would hate to see Corbin without their QB. He’s tough

  7. #7
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,416

    I would hate to see any player on any team go out with an injury.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 17
    Posts
    179

    Looks like the consensus here is everyone's qb...... From watching Madison Southern's game the other night it seems as they are more of a run team though. Not knocking the qb by any means because I think he has put up some good #'s running and passing but they may be hurt as much as CCH would be if our qb went out... IMO....

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 17
    Posts
    179

    Quote Originally Posted by CCHColonels44 View Post
    Looks like the consensus here is everyone's qb...... From watching Madison Southern's game the other night it seems as they are more of a run team though. Not knocking the qb by any means because I think he has put up some good #'s running and passing but they may be hurt as much as CCH would be if our qb went out... IMO....
    Nevermind..... Here is an article about his success. Looks like he is a great leader for Madison Southern with some hugh #'s. Foot in mouth! Will be a better game than most anticipate but still expect CCH to come out on top....

    HS FOOTBALL: Senior quarterback Landen Stacy has been a big part of Southern’s success | Sports | richmondregister.com
    Last edited by CCHColonels44; Nov 28, 17 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Forgot Link to article

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Posts
    569

    Would the teams go with their backup QB if QB hurt or a wildcat?
    Is there a team who’s biggest loss would be a defensive starter?

  11. #11
    Runcible Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 17
    Location
    Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?
    Posts
    1,986

    Carter Smith of Madison Southern.

    Watched their game v. Harlan County, and there was a discussion in the game thread about how impressive the FB could run the ball. I thought he was equally as good at LB. Tackling machine and the impact player on their defense.

    Lose him on offense - Stacy and Eads might be able to make up the running yardage, and both can run for TDs. Lose him on defense - MS has a huge D line and very good D backs. Smith is the glue in the middle.
    Lose him both ways - ouch.
    Last edited by Runcible Owl; Nov 28, 17 at 02:34 PM.

  12. #12
    Hardin County Preps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Elizabethtown, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,257

    Rondale Moore, Trinity.
    Nuff said

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Louisville, Ky USA
    Posts
    4,547

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardin County Preps View Post
    Rondale Moore, Trinity.
    Nuff said
    As game changing a performer as Rondale Moore is, there are other guys that can get the job done. Quarterback Nick Bohn is the guy that would be hard to replace on short notice.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,497

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    Would hate to see Corbin without their QB. He’s tough
    Best describe him as a lefthanded Ben Rothensberger. That big with a great touch and an absolute load to bring down.

  15. #15
    rookie57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Location
    Mayfield
    Posts
    1,930

    For Mayfield, Kyle Hurt.

Top