Who has indoor practice facility???

Page 2 of What schools across the state has a indoor practice facility?... 49 comments | 9851 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    Ho ho ho 4 in a row
    Posts
    6,798

    Name:  image-3892826456.jpg
Views: 1301
Size:  459.5 KB

    Here is a pic
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    61

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinstopshere View Post
    Butler co has a great indoor facility
    Riddle me this, how can a small County like Butler have indoor facility but Bigger, more lucrative districts in Warren Co. and Daviess Co. and others not have one? Surely handicapping these schools, maybe KHSAA can make a rule governing this. Lol

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by wkufan1 View Post
    Riddle me this, how can a small County like Butler have indoor facility but Bigger, more lucrative districts in Warren Co. and Daviess Co. and others not have one? Surely handicapping these schools, maybe KHSAA can make a rule governing this. Lol

    The Bears needed a cave to call home. It is a great indoor facility though. Used by many sports at all levels. 30yardx40yard turf field plus weight room, bathrooms, and coaches office. We don't have the cool pole in the middle though. We need to look at adding one of those.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Franklin, KY
    Posts
    1,313

    That pole should be called "Butkus".

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    7,358

    Quote Originally Posted by uk#1fan View Post
    NKY Scott, Simon Kenton and Highlands.
    I would consider the SK space to be multi purpose indoor. You can do some FB stuff in there but not nearly as large as some of the other facilities across the state. It's great to get pitchers/catchers in door and toss a ball around in the winter.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    My wife's house
    Posts
    1,636

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo4343 View Post
    Nice facility. Towel Drill is an awesome drill.
    Mercer's has a weight room, walking or running track, locker rooms, meeting room and a batting cage. We use it doing the winter for Middle School Soccer kick around and practice and it is nice.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Jun 15
    Posts
    231

    To note one of the earlier posts on this thread, how did Butler County get the money to have an indoor practice facility when other well-known football powers in the area such as Bowling Green, Russellville, Franklin-Simpson, Owensboro, and South Warren does not have such a facility? Also, is the indoor facility in Mayfield used by both Mayfield and Graves County?

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by Racer89 View Post
    To note one of the earlier posts on this thread, how did Butler County get the money to have an indoor practice facility when other well-known football powers in the area such as Bowling Green, Russellville, Franklin-Simpson, Owensboro, and South Warren does not have such a facility? Also, is the indoor facility in Mayfield used by both Mayfield and Graves County?
    All you need is a metal building and some carpet, not as expensive as you think. Just got to have the right supporters.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Location
    Danville, KY
    Posts
    2,084

    If I win a large lottery jackpot I plan on donating the funds for Boyle County to build one. We can dream right?

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Posts
    393

    Think about this...

    UK has a spacious indoor facility....
    UofL has a palace of an indoor facility...
    WKU Would smoke UK and UofL the last two years and they barely have a second OUTDOOR practice field, much less an indoor one.

    Indoor facilities are nice, but they hardly make much of a difference.
    Outside of Mayfield, look at the teams that have been named as having one.

    Also worth noting...of the 12 teams in the State Finals this year, I do believe (and I could be wrong here) only Mayfield has a functional true indoor facility.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Location
    Anywhere there is mass
    Posts
    347

    Quote Originally Posted by W.E. Raider View Post
    Think about this... UK has a spacious indoor facility.... UofL has a palace of an indoor facility... WKU Would smoke UK and UofL the last two years

    WKU would not smoke UofL

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by Racer89 View Post
    To note one of the earlier posts on this thread, how did Butler County get the money to have an indoor practice facility when other well-known football powers in the area such as Bowling Green, Russellville, Franklin-Simpson, Owensboro, and South Warren does not have such a facility? Also, is the indoor facility in Mayfield used by both Mayfield and Graves County?
    Just for the heck of it, I went and looked at a few stats for Butler County. Over the past decade, BC has had only 3 losing seasons, averaging almost 7 wins a season (6.6 wins) and have advanced to the second round of the playoffs 4 times. Is that setting the world on fire? No. But I also think there are alot of schools in the state that would love to have that record over the past decade. How does that play into getting an indoor facility? Simple, BC is a small, poor community and winning on Friday Night means the world to that town. That makes it easier to convince the powers that be to spend the $2.1 million it took to build the indoor. They may not have much there, but they at least have football.

    (Full disclosure, I was just told that the funds used could only be used on new construction projects. When the BOE looked at best spending the funds, it was the indoor, new softball/baseball fields, and a bus garage.)

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Lawrence County has an indoor facility. Baseball and Softball use it as well.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 12
    Location
    Nippert
    Posts
    642

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    All you need is a metal building and some carpet, not as expensive as you think. Just got to have the right supporters.
    Plantman, what's the ballpark figure?

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyKY View Post
    Plantman, what's the ballpark figure?
    Id say basic you could build for around $20K (assuming you didnt have to do a large amount of excavating to prep the area) plus the carpet.

    All depends on how big you want it as well.

Top