Walton-Verona 2018

  1. #1
    Director of Football Operations
    Ram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Raceland
    Posts
    43,742

    Walton-Verona 2018

    What does Walton-Verona need to do to improve in 2018? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    13

    Was hoping to see some activity here... skill positions look deep. Need some incoming juniors to step up on the line on both sides of the ball.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    70

    Steady stream of RB's come through this program that are highlighted with WingT principles. I think Coach Barth has created a winning culture and he and his team are dominating district foes. Curious to what is needed or what it will take to get to the next level (competing for the region.) Resources are there from what I have seen.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 18
    Posts
    2

    Walton needs to be able to open the passing game up. Garrett Jones has a really nice ball and Pardee should be a big target, being 6'4. Johnny Martin should be a key player on the offense side of the ball.

  5. #5
    The sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Near the Bearcat Den
    Posts
    1,831

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy12 View Post
    Walton needs to be able to open the passing game up. Garrett Jones has a really nice ball and Pardee should be a big target, being 6'4. Johnny Martin should be a key player on the offense side of the ball.
    Need to block before anything else. Need some people to step up on the line or the rest does not matter.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 18
    Posts
    2

    You're absolutely correct on that. I believe Barth will have it figured out by the time games come around.

  7. #7
    ATLCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    10,689

    Quote Originally Posted by AboyNAMEDsuh View Post
    Steady stream of RB's come through this program that are highlighted with WingT principles. I think Coach Barth has created a winning culture and he and his team are dominating district foes. Curious to what is needed or what it will take to get to the next level (competing for the region.) Resources are there from what I have seen.
    I would like to see W-V step up their scheduling a bit

    Their schedule last year was not bad by any means, a very good LCA and an "up" KCD.

    But when you share a class with teams like CAL, DeSales,Mayfield, and Danville you have got to really push yourself, especially when your District is usually going to be pretty "meh".

    I'd like to see W-V replace teams like Holmes, Cov Holy Cross, and Bellevue and upgrade those spots.

    Maybe get one of the NKY 6A teams like a Conner or Dixie Heights, try to get a Beechwood or one of the better small schools in Cincy, maybe try to snag either a Lexington Public 6A school or a team like Madison Central.

    I understand why Coach Barth scheduled like he has to this point and it was the right thing to do. Get wins, build confidence, get kids out.... but now that they are sustaining success it is time to take the next step.

  8. #8
    The sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Near the Bearcat Den
    Posts
    1,831

    Quote Originally Posted by ATLCat View Post
    I would like to see W-V step up their scheduling a bit

    Their schedule last year was not bad by any means, a very good LCA and an "up" KCD.

    But when you share a class with teams like CAL, DeSales,Mayfield, and Danville you have got to really push yourself, especially when your District is usually going to be pretty "meh".

    I'd like to see W-V replace teams like Holmes, Cov Holy Cross, and Bellevue and upgrade those spots.

    Maybe get one of the NKY 6A teams like a Conner or Dixie Heights, try to get a Beechwood or one of the better small schools in Cincy, maybe try to snag either a Lexington Public 6A school or a team like Madison Central.

    I understand why Coach Barth scheduled like he has to this point and it was the right thing to do. Get wins, build confidence, get kids out.... but now that they are sustaining success it is time to take the next step.
    Yeah I get where your going but some of those teams ie Holy Cross were having down years. I think their schedule is good for now with the addition of Newport Catholic being put on next years schedule. The district schedule has not helped getting ready for playoffs the last couple of years but hopefully things will get better with our district foes. I think Carroll County will be better this year and others.

Top