Usually the same teams in the finals, 1975-2004.

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    444

    Usually the same teams in the finals, 1975-2004.

    Here is a list of winners in each class from 1975 to 2004. 29 years of state championships.

    Class A: Team and number of state championship wins since 1975..
    Ludlow-1
    Ft.Campbell-2
    Bellevue-2
    Russellville-3
    Paris-2
    Beechwood-9
    Crittenden Co-1
    Heath-1
    Pikeville-3
    Mayfield-2
    Middlesboro-1
    Danville-3

    Class AA:
    Scott Co-1
    Corbin-3
    Mayfield-5
    Ft.Campbell-1
    Bardstown-2
    Fort Knox-3
    New Cath-1
    Danville-5
    Breathitt Co.-3
    Bourbon Co.-1
    Caldwell Co.-1
    Boyle Co.-2
    Belfry-2

    Class AAA:
    Highlands-11
    Lloyd Memorial-1
    Russell-1
    Franklin Simpson-2
    Conner-1
    Danville-1
    Tilghman-1
    Owensboro-1
    Cov.Cath-5
    Ashland-1
    Bell Co.-1
    Bowling Green-1
    Boyle Co.-3

    AAAA:
    St. X-8
    Trinity-12
    Butler-1
    Henry Clay-1
    Christian Co.-2
    Shelby Co.-1
    Clark Co.-1
    Male-3
    Nelson Co.-1

    Since 1975:
    12 different teams have won Class A the past 29 years.
    13 different teams have won Class AA the past 29 years.
    13 different teams have won Class AAA the past 29 years.
    9 different teams have won Class AAAA the past 29 years.

    Out of a possible 116 state champions Class A-Class AAAA 1975-2004.....
    Only 42 schools in the state of Kentucky have been named State Champions.

    Multiple Winners include:
    Ft. Campbell
    Bellevue
    Russellville
    Paris
    Beechwood
    Pikeville
    Mayfield
    Danville
    Corbin
    Bardstown
    Fort Knox
    Breathitt Co.
    Boyle Co.
    Belfry
    Highlands
    Franklin Simpson
    Cov.Cath
    St.X
    Trinity
    Christian Co.
    Male
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    Louisville- home of the St.Xavier Tigers
    Posts
    5,039

    Of the 116 state championships in the last 29 years only 26 were won by private schools.(22%) What is the percent of total private schools playing? It has got to be pretty close to 22%.

  3. #3
    02Ram54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Teddy 4 Heisman
    Posts
    19,296

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtiger69
    Of the 116 state championships in the last 29 years only 26 were won by private schools.(22%) What is the percent of total private schools playing? It has got to be pretty close to 22%.
    a) The argument is that this is a a recent phenomenon. And if you look in recent years, that percentage does indeed go up.

    b) There are a lot of private schools, but how many playing districted football? http://www.khsaa.org/football/2005/district.htm Look there. I don't think I counted up 47 private schools.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 03
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA
    Posts
    23,817

    There are around 210 teams in Kentucky. That means 20% of the Kentucky teams have won a state championship. And of the remaining 80%, I'm guessing that half of them couldn't get a state title even if you eliminated all the teams in the first post. I'm guessing that our 20% number is high compared to a state like Ohio.

Top