Trinity's Bob Beatty Named High School Coach of the Year

  1. #1
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,727

    Trinity's Bob Beatty Named High School Coach of the Year

    “Bob Beatty, who last month led the Trinity High School football team to its 13th state title in his 18 seasons as head coach, was named the 2017 National Coach of the year by HighSchoolFootballAmerica.com.”

    Trinity football's Bob Beatty named National Coach of the Year
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    SHAMROCK69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Home of the 2012 National Champions " Trinity ROCKS and Kentucky Wildcats"
    Posts
    2,697

    Congratulations Coach. Very well deserved honor. Go Rocks!!!!

  3. #3
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    152,781

    Congrats Coach!

    You could be our BGP Coach of the Year almost every year but what fun would that be.

    Again, Congrats Coach Beatty! Congrats Shamrocks!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    11,080

    He did a very good job this year in particular IMO.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    934

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Congrats Coach!

    You could be our BGP Coach of the Year almost every year but what fun would that be.

    Again, Congrats Coach Beatty! Congrats Shamrocks!
    That would be fine for some of us.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 08
    Posts
    696

    Congrats to Coach Beatty!!!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Elkhorn City, KY
    Posts
    129

    Not a fan. Todd Adler deserved this award more than anyone. COMPLETE TURNAROUND season for him and his program. Beatty is a good coach, but anyone can win at Trinity....Lets see him at Fulton County.

    EDIT: thought this was the state coaching award. Point still stands.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Louisville, Ky USA
    Posts
    4,527

    Quote Originally Posted by TribePride View Post
    Not a fan. Todd Adler deserved this award more than anyone. COMPLETE TURNAROUND season for him and his program. Beatty is a good coach, but anyone can win at Trinity....Lets see him at Fulton County.

    EDIT: thought this was the state coaching award. Point still stands.
    Coach Beatty has won at a better rate than any coach ever in the history of Kentucky. Even better than coaching legend and Hall of Famer Dennis Lampley. The resources at other places are as good as they are at Trinity, but they don't win like Trinity. Coach Beatty has done a great job and the honor is well deserved.

  9. #9
    Sweeperboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    #wonforthem / #cowboycrowned
    Posts
    5,139

    Quote Originally Posted by TribePride View Post
    Not a fan. Todd Adler deserved this award more than anyone. COMPLETE TURNAROUND season for him and his program. Beatty is a good coach, but anyone can win at Trinity....Lets see him at Fulton County.

    EDIT: thought this was the state coaching award. Point still stands.
    I respect your viewpoint and your loyalty elsewhere but the part about anyone can coach and win at T is just silly imo and that Adler should be National Coach of the Year could be a stretch to say the least.

    Congrats to this legendary coach, THS and the entire state of KY...

  10. #10
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,727

    Quote Originally Posted by TribePride View Post
    Not a fan. Todd Adler deserved this award more than anyone. COMPLETE TURNAROUND season for him and his program. Beatty is a good coach, but anyone can win at Trinity....Lets see him at Fulton County.

    EDIT: thought this was the state coaching award. Point still stands.
    When his program is recognized on a national level, I'm sure Coach Adler will be considered for a national award.

    Not to mention, he already got recognition for this season.

    Logan County's Todd Adler named Courier Journal Football Coach of Year

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Elkhorn City, KY
    Posts
    129

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity alum View Post
    Coach Beatty has won at a better rate than any coach ever in the history of Kentucky. Even better than coaching legend and Hall of Famer Dennis Lampley. The resources at other places are as good as they are at Trinity, but they don't win like Trinity. Coach Beatty has done a great job and the honor is well deserved.
    Are you seriously trying to tell me the resources are the same at Jenkins as they are Louisville Trinity?

  12. #12
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,727

    Quote Originally Posted by TribePride View Post
    Are you seriously trying to tell me the resources are the same at Jenkins as they are Louisville Trinity?
    No. He means places like St. X, Male, Scott County, SK etc have the same level of resources as Trinity and they don't win like Trinity has under Beatty.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Elkhorn City, KY
    Posts
    129

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    When his program is recognized on a national level, I'm sure Coach Adler will be considered for a national award.

    Not to mention, he already got recognition for this season.

    Logan County's Todd Adler named Courier Journal Football Coach of Year
    Yes I see that it is a different award. Thus my comments. Your vexing rebuttal is what I find to be annoying. Logan County will never be at the level of Louisville Trinity.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Elkhorn City, KY
    Posts
    129

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    No. He means places like St. X, Male, Scott County, SK etc have the same level of resources as Trinity and they don't win like Trinity has under Beatty.
    Well then he should have said other schools the relative size as Trinity such as in a highly competitive socioeconomic area. Congrats to Beatty.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    338

    I always laugh when I see comments that say anyone can win at <insert perennial successful HS program here>. Completely untrue, ask St. X. It's like coaches at successful programs get no credit for what they are able to accomplish. I'm not saying that Beatty is the ONLY coach who could have won 13 titles in 18 seasons, but I'd love to know who else could have.

Top