Trinity schedule 2013?

Page 9 of Originally Posted by Jaysie Carmel, IN, Second largest school in Indiana, coached by Kevin Wright, prior Trinity coach. The sports tradition of winning... 132 comments | 11397 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #121
    JCVD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Location
    Practicing my Dimak for the next Kumite
    Posts
    1,388

    Quote Originally Posted by AvidTiger View Post
    You honestly see no noticeable drop off with quick and Dawkins out the roster?
    I should have worded that differently. There will be a drop off without Quick, obviously. He was a once in a long time type of player at the HS level.
    Donald Brooks who will be taking Dawkins place is a special player. The cupboard is not bare at Trinity. They lost a lot of talent, but they have some waiting to get their shot. It may take a few weeks in to the season for it to happen, but the offense will find their groove.

    The D will be the question mark coming in to this season. Lots of new faces on that side of the ball.
    Advertisement

  2. #122

    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Location
    West Louisville
    Posts
    3,127

    Quote Originally Posted by JCVD View Post
    I should have worded that differently. There will be a drop off without Quick, obviously. He was a once in a long time type of player at the HS level.
    Donald Brooks who will be taking Dawkins place is a special player. The cupboard is not bare at Trinity. They lost a lot of talent, but they have some waiting to get their shot. It may take a few weeks in to the season for it to happen, but the offense will find their groove.

    The D will be the question mark coming in to this season. Lots of new faces on that side of the ball.
    Wasn't insinuating the cupboard is bare. But I don't believe when the offense is at a standstill, T will be as effective. Often times we saw T struggling and quick saved the day with a big play and huge momentum swing.

  3. #123
    JCVD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Location
    Practicing my Dimak for the next Kumite
    Posts
    1,388

    Quote Originally Posted by AvidTiger View Post
    Wasn't insinuating the cupboard is bare. But I don't believe when the offense is at a standstill, T will be as effective. Often times we saw T struggling and quick saved the day with a big play and huge momentum swing.
    Very true. All we can do as fans is speculate and wait and see.

  4. #124

    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Location
    West Louisville
    Posts
    3,127

    Quote Originally Posted by JCVD View Post
    Very true. All we can do as fans is speculate and wait and see.
    Indeed.

  5. #125

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    Quote Originally Posted by AvidTiger View Post
    Wasn't insinuating the cupboard is bare. But I don't believe when the offense is at a standstill, T will be as effective. Often times we saw T struggling and quick saved the day with a big play and huge momentum swing.
    T managed to beat the 2nd and 3rd best teams in AAAAAA last year (I'll let you all debate who was who) without James and Dawkins was very ill for one of the games. Yes they were special players for Trinity but I can assure you Reggie and Donald aren't chopped liver. Cody Swabek is back and there were a couple of very good offensive specialists on the freshman squad last year. By the time the playoffs roll around I have no doubt that Trinity will have found at least 1 "go to" guy. Trinity's offense will be different then last year because Beatty and Coverdale are masters at building an offense around what they have.

  6. #126

    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Location
    West Louisville
    Posts
    3,127

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell View Post
    T managed to beat the 2nd and 3rd best teams in AAAAAA last year (I'll let you all debate who was who) without James and Dawkins was very ill for one of the games. Yes they were special players for Trinity but I can assure you Reggie and Donald aren't chopped liver. Cody Swabek is back and there were a couple of very good offensive specialists on the freshman squad last year. By the time the playoffs roll around I have no doubt that Trinity will have found at least 1 "go to" guy. Trinity's offense will be different then last year because Beatty and Coverdale are masters at building an offense around what they have.
    I don't know where you're getting these accusations from, nobody is saying they're chopped liver. They just aren't Dawkins and quick. And those 2 players weren't the only reasons T managed to escape both teams. But it's over and we won't go there.

  7. #127

    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Location
    North Carolina, but crazy about Ft. Thomas Highlands! Visit my Highlands website at www.Highlands-Bluebirds.com!
    Posts
    7,132

    Congrats to Trinity on filling out the schedule with some outstanding programs! In regards to Ensworth, I think they will be down some in 2013 compared to 2012... they are losing their biggest star Corn Elder to graduation. It will be hard for them to easily replace his production.

    The most intriguing game to me is the Trinity-Colerain contest. Is this the first time these two programs have ever played each other?

  8. #128
    JCVD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Location
    Practicing my Dimak for the next Kumite
    Posts
    1,388

    Quote Originally Posted by jbwill2 View Post
    Congrats to Trinity on filling out the schedule with some outstanding programs! In regards to Ensworth, I think they will be down some in 2013 compared to 2012... they are losing their biggest star Corn Elder to graduation. It will be hard for them to easily replace his production.

    The most intriguing game to me is the Trinity-Colerain contest. Is this the first time these two programs have ever played each other?
    Yes i believe that it is the first time they've faced each other. That triple option that they've perfected is going to be very very difficult to stop.

  9. #129

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    11,246

    That looks to be a brutal schedule, but I'd rather play these types of games than 50-0 blowouts.

  10. #130

    Join Date
    Sep 11
    Posts
    281

    Quote Originally Posted by fatsnbul View Post
    Last years team plays Ensworth close. This years, not so sure.
    Trinity would have beat Ensworth last year. Enworth had a very Dominating run game but Trinity's weakness was it's pass d-fense. In fact Trinity was very Strong against the run. Having said that no H.S. team was just going run the ball at wil onTrinity. With a Healthy Quick & Dawkins Trinity would have out scored Enworth in a close one. This year I think Enworths wins in a close one. All though Enworth loses their star RB,they return most of last years Oline & Ensworth oline was one of the best H.S. olines I've seen. Again, this year I think Trinity will have their hands full stopping Enworths run game regardless of who the RB is.

  11. #131

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Location
    Pewee Valley
    Posts
    103

    Quote Originally Posted by JCVD View Post
    Yes i believe that it is the first time they've faced each other. That triple option that they've perfected is going to be very very difficult to stop.
    First time opponents in 2013: Ensworth, Carmel, Lawrence Central, Colerain, and Marist. The last time Trinity faced this many "FIRSTS" was in 1977.

  12. #132

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    2,426

    The Rocks might go 8-7 and still bring home another championship. Seriously. Or they could go 11-2 and lose to X in the playoffs. It will surely be another fun ride!

  13. #133

    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Location
    West Louisville
    Posts
    3,127

    Quote Originally Posted by sports fan View Post
    The Rocks might go 8-7 and still bring home another championship. Seriously. Or they could go 11-2 and lose to X in the playoffs. It will surely be another fun ride!
    Definitely wishing them luck every week they play an out of state school.

Top