Trinity 38 St. Xavier 21 - 6A State Championship

Page 3 of The Trinity Shamrocks are your 2017 Class 6A State Football Champs! The win gives the Rocks their 25th State Title and they are 25 and 4 in State Title... 89 comments | 7730 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Louisville, Ky USA
    Posts
    4,444

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigers20-22 View Post
    I don't have a problem with kids from Indiana at private schools, just have a major problem with transfers at high school level. When you build your basketball and football team like that in high school it is shady.
    I will give you comments all the attention they deserve, that is, none. Kids transfer in and out of schools all the time. Why is it different if they play sports?
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    JIM SEYMOUR # 85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    2,149

    CONGRATS TO THE ROCKS !!!!
    As previously stated - THIS NEVER GETS OLD.

    I am not ashamed to admit that I was "very concerned " In the first half.
    Always fear the X-Men.

    They came out with no fear 2nd half.
    T squandered several opportunities and made some uncharacteristic mistakes.
    Need to clean up the fouls.

    Congrats to St. X on a great season.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    9,735

    Are the 2 tall X receivers (Mueller and Crum) getting any college looks?

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    1,947

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity alum View Post
    I will give you comments all the attention they deserve, that is, none. Kids transfer in and out of schools all the time. Why is it different if they play sports?
    Nothing wrong with transferring for any reason. But when it’s two very good players from across the river it’s not exactly a mystery as to why they transferred, the question in all transfers is how the kid(s) got there?

    Beatty and Coverdale are very good at what they do and when they’re getting the top players in the area then everyone is basically playing for 2nd. I guess all the other players will just have “work harder” this offseason and all coaches will have to be “more dedicated” to knock of T...insert eye roll.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    9,735

    Didn't Male win 6A 2 years ago?

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    2,419

    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeReader View Post
    Nothing wrong with transferring for any reason. But when it’s two very good players from across the river it’s not exactly a mystery as to why they transferred, the question in all transfers is how the kid(s) got there?

    Beatty and Coverdale are very good at what they do and when they’re getting the top players in the area then everyone is basically playing for 2nd. I guess all the other players will just have “work harder” this offseason and all coaches will have to be “more dedicated” to knock of T...insert eye roll.
    Agreed. Except for the " ", and the " ".

  7. #37

    Join Date
    May 03
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,146

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet_Storm11 View Post
    How many impact players today on each side claim Indiana as their home state??
    Two for Trinity. The same number X had when they won the title a few years back when they had two, including Mr. Football Deuce Finch.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    May 03
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,146

    Very good game X.

    Rondale is great but what about Bohn (national record) and Strothman. Some big catches from Miller. Was a very good effort.

    I just hope the KHSAA got their money back for those officials. I'm not a complain about the refs guy but that was atrocious. Very embarrassing for Julian Tackett and his crew IMO.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    1,947

    Quote Originally Posted by EastSideJunkie View Post
    Two for Trinity. The same number X had when they won the title a few years back when they had two, including Mr. Football Deuce Finch.
    Those 2 kids you’re referring to transferred in during their sophomore and junior years or did they start their high school career at X? Asking for a friend...

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    1,947

    Quote Originally Posted by EastSideJunkie View Post
    Very good game X.

    Rondale is great but what about Bohn (national record) and Strothman. Some big catches from Miller. Was a very good effort.

    I just hope the KHSAA got their money back for those officials. I'm niot a complain about the refs guy but that was atrocious. Very embarrassing for Julian Tackett and his crew IMO.
    If you aren’t one to bring up officiating then you wouldn’t have just brought it up.

    Which call(s) bothered you the most?

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Posts
    1,284

    Quote Originally Posted by EastSideJunkie View Post
    Very good game X.

    Rondale is great but what about Bohn (national record) and Strothman. Some big catches from Miller. Was a very good effort.

    I just hope the KHSAA got their money back for those officials. I'm not a complain about the refs guy but that was atrocious. Very embarrassing for Julian Tackett and his crew IMO.
    You do know he approves every crew and the game they work!?!?

  12. #42

    Join Date
    May 03
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,146

    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeReader View Post
    Those 2 kids you’re referring to transferred in during their sophomore and junior years or did they start their high school career at X? Asking for a friend...
    Does it matter when they got there? Still from Indiana that was the question.

    Deuce was a good friend of my sons. I know when and how he got there. My son never complained. He was a good kid and was a good situation for him.

    Move on. Your team lost again and you are bitter. Have a great offseason, I know they will on Shelbyville Road.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    May 03
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,146

    FYI for those asking stats.

    Just saw Trinity 501 yards of total offense and X 247

    64 plays apiece....

  14. #44

    Join Date
    May 03
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,146

    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeReader View Post
    If you aren’t one to bring up officiating then you wouldn’t have just brought it up.

    Which call(s) bothered you the most?
    Both sides...was bad

    A pass interference they called on Trinity 19 and the next play same exact thing and no call. And a hit 4 yards out of bounds on both teams not called.

    Just a bad game all around for those guys.

  15. #45

    Join Date
    May 03
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,146

    Quote Originally Posted by atm10 View Post
    You do know he approves every crew and the game they work!?!?
    Yes I do. And that was a really bad crew - not favoring either team just bad for a 6-A state final.

Top