Trigg Co @ Oboro Catholic predictions

Page 7 of Originally Posted by billytwoshirts 1)What "nonconference" games have they struggled in? They are averaging over 400 yds of total offense a g... 102 comments | 4756 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #91

    Join Date
    Apr 04
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    1,318

    Quote Originally Posted by The Scribe
    With a 298-pound fullback running behind a 320-pound tackle, that shouldn't be a problem this year.
    Well if I remember correctly Talor McGee did run the ball behind that Turner (UK player now) and #73 Sanders. I believe Wathen met him at the one and won.
    Advertisement

  2. #92

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Owensboro, KY
    Posts
    490

    I don't know how you can say Cathiolic has trouble stopping people. Like Rambo said that 2003 defense was the best in 2a. Last year was obviously a struggle but we still shut down Trigg. This years defense is not to shabby though. If you look at points allowed and total yards given up by the remaining 16 teams in 2a this catholic team is not far from the top.

    On a side not has anyone looked at Fort Campbell's defensive stats. They are only allowing 4.7 points per game and 111.4 yards per game. Those are like playstation numbers on the easiest level.

  3. #93

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Posts
    1,668

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo4343
    How can you say that. Then I guess Trigg and Ft.Campbell and Glasgow's Defense has not been good in the last three years. I think Catholic had the best D in AA in 2003. Their Offense in the E-town game turned it over too much and gave a team like E-town too many opportunities and they gave up 28 points, which was the most they gave up that year. Trigg has NEVER had any success offensively against Catholic and neither has Ft.Campbell in the last three years. In the last two meetings Ft.Campbell has only been able to muster a whoping 7pts a game against Catholic. Trigg on the other hand did score 14 last year. In 2003 they scored 7. Coach Edge use to be the D coordinator and I know he had some players that could play. The thing I remember was getting to the ball.

    So to say their D in the past have not been good is a silly comment. I guess when Catholic wins that means the other teams D is just not that good either. I just don't see how anyone says that every year. If Catholic had the talent that those teams had then you could mail the trophy to Catholic High every year.

    Now, you're being silly by saying if Catholic had the talent that those teams had...They have had talent, probably more than either the last few years, and you make it sound like heart is the only thing thats pulled them thru.. ridiculous statement...my reference to there defense was referring to the state game against Belfry when it was nonexistent, giving up like 500 yds rushing.Don't thinks its silly to question a D when thats the case..If I recall OC had a D1 QB and a 2000 yd rusher as well as a receiver and a lineman or 2 who were highly recruited.. I'd say they weren't being recruited for there heart and courage, wouldn'y you?

  4. #94

    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    Owensboro
    Posts
    210

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatjack
    Now, you're being silly by saying if Catholic had the talent that those teams had...They have had talent, probably more than either the last few years, and you make it sound like heart is the only thing thats pulled them thru.. ridiculous statement...my reference to there defense was referring to the state game against Belfry when it was nonexistent, giving up like 500 yds rushing.Don't thinks its silly to question a D when thats the case..If I recall OC had a D1 QB and a 2000 yd rusher as well as a receiver and a lineman or 2 who were highly recruited.. I'd say they weren't being recruited for there heart and courage, wouldn'y you?

    Wildcat here is where you show your ignorance of the Catholic team you seem to struggle giving credit to when it belongs. Catholic's D last year was made up of mainly sophmores and Juniors. There offense oushined D easy last year with Bernard who by the way got no Statewide recognition for his acheivments... If you ask me, the Public schools can not stand the fact that a small private school with less in facilities and money can whip'em every year. And when OC loses in the Championship game every one likes to say "SEE I TOLD YOU THEY WEREN'T THAT GOOD". Well, How about giving Belfrey some credit for having a great team. They did a great job and beat OC... Bottom line Trigg and FC are frustrated trying to figure out how to beat the OC Team year in and year out.

    By the Way I think Trigg is the toughest team OC plays in the playoffs year in and year out and has more talent. I think they have eaten the Bisquik when the game was a critical points and OC capitalized...

  5. #95

    Join Date
    Apr 04
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    1,318

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatjack
    Now, you're being silly by saying if Catholic had the talent that those teams had...They have had talent, probably more than either the last few years, and you make it sound like heart is the only thing thats pulled them thru.. ridiculous statement...my reference to there defense was referring to the state game against Belfry when it was nonexistent, giving up like 500 yds rushing.Don't thinks its silly to question a D when thats the case..If I recall OC had a D1 QB and a 2000 yd rusher as well as a receiver and a lineman or 2 who were highly recruited.. I'd say they weren't being recruited for there heart and courage, wouldn'y you?
    That didn't make sense, which D are you talking about? 2003 or last year's? You are admitting Catholic had a D in 2003, but not last year, but you say Catholic in the past can't stop the other team. I don't know Wildcat? Seems to me they win and they stop the other teams offense to win the game. Look at the scoreboards and find out. Oh Belfry had two kids from West Virgina come over. Oh no, did you see Coach Edge whine and say Oh my God they are cheating. Bottom line Wildcat Ft.Campbell would not of won or Trigg Co. or Corbin or Russell. It was up to Belfry and Catholic. Belfry won with their machine. Oh after the game you didn't see Belfry jump up and down like the thugs like Trigg and Ft.Campbell. Why I say that is because Belfry are champions and champions don't act like that. It also stems from the top. I guarantee you that guy at Belfry would not put up with Micah Johnson dancing over QB's. He would tell him to get his butt off the team and go play for someone who allows that.

  6. #96
    Youth Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Posts
    642

    Toss up to me, but I will go with Catholic.

  7. #97

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Posts
    1,668

    As far as Ft Campbell or Trigg winning against Belfry, we'll never know and it's all just opinion...What we do know is Belfry's so called "machine" did, in fact, do the things to OC's defense that gives me every reason to question there D against top caliber opposition...

    You talk about the lack of talent of your own teams, which I pointed out, was false..

    Now you question the character of Trigg and Ft Campbell, calling them "Thugs". Were you there when Johnson did this? I doubt it. Does Trigg have no class, because of the reaction there fans make? No..

    I tried to give OC there proper due, but, it's blindsided homers like you that really make me root against your team..

  8. #98

    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    Owensboro
    Posts
    210

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatjack
    As far as Ft Campbell or Trigg winning against Belfry, we'll never know and it's all just opinion...What we do know is Belfry's so called "machine" did, in fact, do the things to OC's defense that gives me every reason to question there D against top caliber opposition...

    You talk about the lack of talent of your own teams, which I pointed out, was false..

    Now you question the character of Trigg and Ft Campbell, calling them "Thugs". Were you there when Johnson did this? I doubt it. Does Trigg have no class, because of the reaction there fans make? No..

    I tried to give OC there proper due, but, it's blindsided homers like you that really make me root against your team..
    I assume your talking to Rambo... but I think Homers are what makes posting threads fun. And this is exactly what I like about this site... The Opportunity to Express your Passion about your team.

    DITTO RAMBO!

    Thanks for your comments Rambo.

  9. #99

    Join Date
    Apr 04
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    1,318

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatjack
    As far as Ft Campbell or Trigg winning against Belfry, we'll never know and it's all just opinion...What we do know is Belfry's so called "machine" did, in fact, do the things to OC's defense that gives me every reason to question there D against top caliber opposition...

    You talk about the lack of talent of your own teams, which I pointed out, was false..

    Now you question the character of Trigg and Ft Campbell, calling them "Thugs". Were you there when Johnson did this? I doubt it. Does Trigg have no class, because of the reaction there fans make? No..

    I tried to give OC there proper due, but, it's blindsided homers like you that really make me root against your team..
    Like I said before Silly. Catholic couldn't stop the Machine. It did however stop the Trigg Co. Wildcats and Oh didn't have to play Ft.Campbell last year because they CHOKED against Glasgow. HOMERS like you make me think you have no idea what you are talking about. The Owensboro Catholic kids know that when players from the other team act thuggish they know the other team does that because they are scared and have to lift their chest for show.

    The lack of talent? Catholic is a team. Look at X and Trinity they blow people out of the water because their coaching staff do not solely rely on talent because talent alone will get you no where. Catholic wins because they use a system for the team, not one player. That is why Catholic has so many weapons not one.

  10. #100

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    89

    Looking back at 2003, Catholic only beat Fort Campbell 14-7. It was one of the best games I have ever seen. Both teams fought to the end and did it with a lot of class. A rematch would definately be a good one. I personally think Catholic is not as good as they were in 2003 and Fort Campbell is a lot better. Will be a good game if they can get by a very good Trigg County team.

  11. #101

    Join Date
    Apr 04
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    1,318

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat09
    Looking back at 2003, Catholic only beat Fort Campbell 14-7. It was one of the best games I have ever seen. Both teams fought to the end and did it with a lot of class. A rematch would definately be a good one. I personally think Catholic is not as good as they were in 2003 and Fort Campbell is a lot better. Will be a good game if they can get by a very good Trigg County team.
    Looking back you are right. That 2003 team choked. Catholic has to beat a good Trigg County team. Time will only tell if this team is better then that team and only one way to find out is if they can keep climbing the mountain. They have a tough mountain to climb. The only way they can be better than 2003 is that if they win the state title.

  12. #102
    The Scribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Somewhere between Possum Trot and Black Gnat
    Posts
    30,581

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo4343
    Trigg has NEVER had any success offensively against Catholic
    Trigg beat them 21-14 in 2001. Trigg also had 300 yards of offense against them in 2003 but couldn't find the end zone with a compass and a map. When you say offensively, do you mean points or yardage? Because Trigg has been able to move the ball consistently against OC's defense in the three previous meetings.

  13. #103

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo4343
    Oh after the game you didn't see Belfry jump up and down like the thugs like Trigg and Ft.Campbell.
    Really classy, Rambo.

Top