Trigg Co @ Oboro Catholic predictions

Page 6 of Originally Posted by billytwoshirts 1)What "nonconference" games have they struggled in? They are averaging over 400 yds of total offense a g... 102 comments | 4756 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76
    aces03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Owensboro
    Posts
    755

    One thing that has been impressive is Catholic's red zone D. I have seen a few teams this year break the big run but can't covert it into points in the red zone.
    Advertisement

  2. #77

    Join Date
    Apr 04
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    1,318

    Quote Originally Posted by aces03
    One thing that has been impressive is Catholic's red zone D. I have seen a few teams this year break the big run but can't covert it into points in the red zone.

    Over the years Trigg has trouble scoring in the Red Zone against Catholic, especially 1st and goal on the 1. Oh and the infamous QB sneak, the kid never should of turned his back to the Goaline. Remember, the ball has to cross the plane of the goaline not the QB's head.

  3. #78
    The Scribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Somewhere between Possum Trot and Black Gnat
    Posts
    30,581

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo4343
    Over the years Trigg has trouble scoring in the Red Zone against Catholic, especially 1st and goal on the 1.
    With a 298-pound fullback running behind a 320-pound tackle, that shouldn't be a problem this year.

  4. #79

    Join Date
    Feb 04
    Location
    WKY
    Posts
    75

    I know Catholic lost Bernard , Wright, and the other WR. Who are the other 12 or so they lost from that team

  5. #80
    aces03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Owensboro
    Posts
    755

    Quote Originally Posted by bigred1234
    I know Catholic lost Bernard , Wright, and the other WR. Who are the other 12 or so they lost from that team
    If I remember right they lost 11 starters total. Some others are the Young twins, Blandford, Boarman...

  6. #81

    Join Date
    Jul 04
    Posts
    137

    Trigg has recent history of brain freeze during big games, hopefully they have gotten that out of their system and can step up and win a big one. This was something the Aces struggled with a little during Mojo's regime. But the Ace's now are confident bunch.
    OC - 28
    TC - 27
    2 OT

  7. #82

    Join Date
    Dec 03
    Posts
    729

    Go Curtis. Your H.S. buddy is cheering for you.

  8. #83

    Join Date
    Apr 04
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    1,318

    Quote Originally Posted by The Scribe
    With a 298-pound fullback running behind a 320-pound tackle, that shouldn't be a problem this year.

    LOL that was good

  9. #84

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Posts
    1,668

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo4343
    I stand corrected.. Ft.Campbell played Catholic in 2003. When was the last time Trigg/Ft.Campbell won a region championship? That is a long drought for two football tradition programs. Glasgow went to the Championship in 1999 and in 2000 so it had to be before 1999.
    Noone ever claimed Trigg or Ft campbell as the standard setter for all of rgn 1 either...

  10. #85

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Owensboro
    Posts
    484

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatjack
    Noone ever claimed Trigg or Ft campbell as the standard setter for all of rgn 1 either...
    Ah come on wildcatjack we all know that deep down inside you are a true Owensboro Catholic fan and that you bleed GREEN!

  11. #86

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Posts
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo4343
    I stand corrected.. Ft.Campbell played Catholic in 2003. When was the last time Trigg/Ft.Campbell won a region championship? That is a long drought for two football tradition programs. Glasgow went to the Championship in 1999 and in 2000 so it had to be before 1999.
    The last time Ft. Campbell won a region championship was in 1995. Lost to Franklin-Simpson in state semi's. Finished 12-2.

  12. #87

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Posts
    1,668

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Nation
    Ah come on wildcatjack we all know that deep down inside you are a true Owensboro Catholic fan and that you bleed GREEN!
    Actually, i have alot of respect for there program and recent success..Hey, I'm a Western Ky fan..I'd like to see 'em win it when they get there, but, at the same time, I'm gonna root against 'em if there playing a district 1 team..
    Call me a homer, I guess

    I'll be the 1st to admit that OCs offense is about as good as anyones in Rgn 1. The problem I've had in the past, is there defense stopping other teams. If they ever put the 2 together on 1 team, look out

  13. #88
    Augie Garrido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    Longhorn Country
    Posts
    306

    Quote Originally Posted by The Scribe
    With a 298-pound fullback running behind a 320-pound tackle, that shouldn't be a problem this year.
    Most colleges would like that luxury.

  14. #89

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Posts
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatjack
    The problem I've had in the past, is there defense stopping other teams. If they ever put the 2 together on 1 team, look out
    We will know by 10:30 Central Time the answer to this question. I am looking forward to finding out which team will show up.

  15. #90

    Join Date
    Apr 04
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    1,318

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatjack
    Actually, i have alot of respect for there program and recent success..Hey, I'm a Western Ky fan..I'd like to see 'em win it when they get there, but, at the same time, I'm gonna root against 'em if there playing a district 1 team..
    Call me a homer, I guess

    I'll be the 1st to admit that OCs offense is about as good as anyones in Rgn 1. The problem I've had in the past, is there defense stopping other teams. If they ever put the 2 together on 1 team, look out

    How can you say that. Then I guess Trigg and Ft.Campbell and Glasgow's Defense has not been good in the last three years. I think Catholic had the best D in AA in 2003. Their Offense in the E-town game turned it over too much and gave a team like E-town too many opportunities and they gave up 28 points, which was the most they gave up that year. Trigg has NEVER had any success offensively against Catholic and neither has Ft.Campbell in the last three years. In the last two meetings Ft.Campbell has only been able to muster a whoping 7pts a game against Catholic. Trigg on the other hand did score 14 last year. In 2003 they scored 7. Coach Edge use to be the D coordinator and I know he had some players that could play. The thing I remember was getting to the ball.

    So to say their D in the past have not been good is a silly comment. I guess when Catholic wins that means the other teams D is just not that good either. I just don't see how anyone says that every year. If Catholic had the talent that those teams had then you could mail the trophy to Catholic High every year.

Top