Trigg Co @ Oboro Catholic predictions

Page 3 of Originally Posted by billytwoshirts 1)What "nonconference" games have they struggled in? They are averaging over 400 yds of total offense a g... 102 comments | 4756 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    115

    Catholic 27
    Trigg 21

    Should be a classic. Both teams think the game is very winnable and very losable at the same time. I give Catholic a slight advantage just because they are at home. If the game was at Trigg I would pick Trigg to win. Catholic must play better than they did against Heath. If they have the same deffensive break downs then Catholic might be playin catch up. This will be the best team Catholic has played to this point in the season. I cant wait for kickoff.
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    rebelfan15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 04
    Location
    Elkton
    Posts
    714

    Catholic 27
    Trigg 20

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    Owensboro
    Posts
    210

    Catholic is to much for Trigg because of many of the points mentioned above. Catholic won last year with much less. These kids have had so much experience as someone mentioned in the last 2 years. Catholic is better this year at the line than last year and much more versatile in scoring. Woodward scrambles, Bernard never did. Woodward completion % is Higher. Catholic is way more balanced run/pass.

    I saw Trigg play at FC and both teams seemed to try and give the game away in the end. Trigg can not throw the ball and I would dare them against the DBs of OC who have probably 20+ interceptions.

    Catholic 35
    Trigg 21

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    Quote Originally Posted by GridIronAce
    Catholic is to much for Trigg because of many of the points mentioned above. Catholic won last year with much less. These kids have had so much experience as someone mentioned in the last 2 years. Catholic is better this year at the line than last year and much more versatile in scoring. Woodward scrambles, Bernard never did. Woodward completion % is Higher. Catholic is way more balanced run/pass.
    But ... Owensboro Catholic also had a Division I quarterback running the offense and some tough, hardnosed receivers. It isn't like the Aces were lacking in talent.

    I don't think Trigg is quite as good as last year ... Owensboro Catholic 26, Trigg County 21.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    717

    O-Cath 42
    Trigg 21

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Owensboro, KY
    Posts
    490

    O Cath 35 Trigg 31

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    55

    Quote Originally Posted by hop82
    O-Cath 42
    Trigg 21
    If Catholic can get its rhythm early on the offensive side of the ball, Catholic will destroy Trigg.

  8. #38
    The Scribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Somewhere between Possum Trot and Black Gnat
    Posts
    30,581

    Only one team has destroyed Trigg and that was Bowling Green, who would beat any 2A team by 30+ points this year.

    I don't see this one being a high scoring one. Somewhere in the 14-7, 21-14 range.

  9. #39
    Get Off The Track's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Way down under
    Posts
    182

    I cant pick a clear winner in this one. Dont know alot about these two teams but that they are both very good.
    in just a guess i will take O-Cath over trigg with their high powered passing game.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Owensboro, KY
    Posts
    490

    Quote Originally Posted by The Scribe
    I don't see this one being a high scoring one. Somewhere in the 14-7, 21-14 range.
    That is what I can't figure out. I picked a rather high scoring game but I am not sure if it will be that way. Both of these teams seem to have very potent offenses but they also seem to have capable defenses. Either way, high or low scoring, it will be a close game.

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Posts
    1,668

    Quote Originally Posted by billytwoshirts
    1)What "nonconference" games have they struggled in? They are averaging over 400 yds of total offense a game.

    2)I agree that district 2 is weak, however, I would have to say that district 1 is just as weak. I disagree with your line of thinking concerning the opposing districts -- If Catholic and Trigg/Ft. Campbell were to have switched districts this year the outcomes/records would be the same -- domination (Hart Co./Todd Co./Bulter Co. is to Catholic as is Muhl South/Heath/Lone Oak is to Ft.Campbell/Trigg). Do you see my point? Catholic would have steam rolled everybody in District 1 just as easily as Ft.Campbell/Trigg would have steam rolled everyone in District 2.

    3)Catholic has been challenged. You are sort of correct in stating that it hasn't been in a while. It can't be argued that Catholic plays a weak schedule. They play 3 4A teams and an Indiana 2A team that is always a state contender and one of the best 2A teams in Indiana. As you stated, District 2 is weak; however, it has been this way for a long time. Usually, Catholic and Glasgow battle it out. This year Glasgow is not very good. With the exception of Glasgow, this year is no different than any other recent year that Catholic has gone into the playoffs (and they beat Trigg and Ft. Campbell in the last 3 years).

    I think Catholic is seasoned. Important note to ponder: This is a veteran ball team where most of players have played almost 1 extra season than most teams play (they played 4 extra games in 2003 and 5 extra games in 2004). This is a notable advantage.

    On point 1, it doesn't take a dominating line when you pass the ball 25-35 times a game and 400 yds a game is good, but, alot of that comes via big plays and not lining down and dominating in the trenches..My reference to struggling was Owensboro Sr and only 7 pts, however, wasnt aware of the 9 turnovers, but, also, Apollo wasn't exactly dominated..

    On point 2, I disagree, with exception to OC, there isn't anyone else very good, in District 1, Caldwell, Heath,Lone Oak and Webster offer more competition than a Monroe or Glasgow does...

    On point 3, South Spencer isn't always a state contender..They've had better years, yes, but, this year, got put out in 2nd round of playoffs by +20 pts, finished 8-4 and never made a top 10 appearance in 2a, so, a 28-20 win, although not bad, also, isn't that good...

    On point 4, by this time of the season, everyone has 11 games under there belt and for the most part, the starters on all these teams got significant playing time last year and possibly the year before, so, a couple or 3 extra games shouldn't really matter..

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    55

    I am not familar with Triggs pass defense, however if they are just a little weak, Like most high school teams . Then I do think Catholic's passing game could be a big factor. I do remeber last year's game , most people thought Trigg would be the winner. When Trigg screwed up the center on the punt that's when Catholic felt like they could win it. By the way I'm closely related to the young man who played heads up football and recovered [the over the punter's head center] in the endzone!!!!!!!

  13. #43
    Sultan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    The Glory Road!
    Posts
    138

    The SUltan sides with the evil empire in this one but the good guys put up a nice fight..

    Catholic 35
    Triggers 14

    The Sultan...with his chance to blow

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Posts
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatjack
    On point 1, it doesn't take a dominating line when you pass the ball 25-35 times a game and 400 yds a game is good, but, alot of that comes via big plays and not lining down and dominating in the trenches..My reference to struggling was Owensboro Sr and only 7 pts, however, wasnt aware of the 9 turnovers, but, also, Apollo wasn't exactly dominated..

    On point 2, I disagree, with exception to OC, there isn't anyone else very good, in District 1, Caldwell, Heath,Lone Oak and Webster offer more competition than a Monroe or Glasgow does...

    On point 3, South Spencer isn't always a state contender..They've had better years, yes, but, this year, got put out in 2nd round of playoffs by +20 pts, finished 8-4 and never made a top 10 appearance in 2a, so, a 28-20 win, although not bad, also, isn't that good...

    On point 4, by this time of the season, everyone has 11 games under there belt and for the most part, the starters on all these teams got significant playing time last year and possibly the year before, so, a couple or 3 extra games shouldn't really matter..
    Your points are well taken, but I would have to disagree in a few areas.

    You never know exactly what is going to happen until the ball is kicked off. I think that's been what has been most exciting about the games between Catholic and Trigg the last 2 years. As an Owensboro area fan, I know that the players and coaches have a deep respect for Trigg County. I can assure you they know they are in for a very tough game. I don't think any team will do much "destroying" (as one poster stated). It's going to be close.

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Posts
    74

    I think this is the best game in the state for the 2nd round of the playoffs. I think Catholic pulls this one out 27-21 and heads to Ft. Campbell for the region championship game.

Top