Top Running Backs in NKY 2018

Page 2 of Who will be the top running backs in NKY in 2018?... 50 comments | 12054 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,120

    Quote Originally Posted by Weaz91 View Post
    Newcath hasn't had a D1 running back since 1966. Just Sayin. Lets be realistic here. I'm sure the kid is great, but D1?
    Mike Robinson class of 1983 to University of Kentucky
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,357

    Quote Originally Posted by Weaz91 View Post
    Newcath hasn't had a D1 running back since 1966. Just Sayin. Lets be realistic here. I'm sure the kid is great, but D1?
    He has been visited by a UC Assistant. I believe that that is as a linebacker.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    Mike Robinson class of 1983 to University of Kentucky
    Can't be found on any roster or program from that era. Must have been a Walk on or practice squad guy. D1 running backs aren't roaming the halls at NCC these days.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,534

    Quote Originally Posted by TransplantCakeEater View Post
    McGinnes (sp?)
    Schwalbach
    England

    That's top 3 in NKY - no specific order.
    Travon Mason had more yards than all 3 of them. He will be a Senior for Lloyd.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Location
    Fort Thomas, KY
    Posts
    348

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Sergent was out the first 7 games with an injury. Sergent had 69 carries 481 yards 7 yards a carry 10 tds and 5 catches 76 yards also 332 return yards and one td on a return in only 6 games. Hammack had 104 rushes 806 yards 7.8 yards a carry 10 tds and 8 catches 89 yards 1 td.
    Those stats while out 7 games is impressive!!

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,357

    Quote Originally Posted by Weaz91 View Post
    Can't be found on any roster or program from that era. Must have been a Walk on or practice squad guy. D1 running backs aren't roaming the halls at NCC these days.
    He played there.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,120

    Quote Originally Posted by Weaz91 View Post
    Can't be found on any roster or program from that era. Must have been a Walk on or practice squad guy. D1 running backs aren't roaming the halls at NCC these days.
    Better go back and look again. He was a db at Kentucky. I know he went there and played because I was there as well. Jeff kremer also went there with Greg kunkel Kenny brown and John shanon

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,297

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Travon Mason had more yards than all 3 of them. He will be a Senior for Lloyd.
    . And we know how much stats matter when it comes to deciding the best RB.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,357

    Quote Originally Posted by Weaz91 View Post
    Can't be found on any roster or program from that era. Must have been a Walk on or practice squad guy. D1 running backs aren't roaming the halls at NCC these days.
    Letterwinner 85 and 87

    Also, AJ Simon lettered there as a running back from NewCath. 95 through 97.

  10. #25
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,397

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Sergent was out the first 7 games with an injury. Sergent had 69 carries 481 yards 7 yards a carry 10 tds and 5 catches 76 yards also 332 return yards and one td on a return in only 6 games. Hammack had 104 rushes 806 yards 7.8 yards a carry 10 tds and 8 catches 89 yards 1 td.
    Speaks well of the O-line too.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,534

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgrappler View Post
    Speaks well of the O-line too.
    The oline had 4 big Seniors this past season. The new oline should be good this season to clear holes for Sergent and Hammack.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Franklin, KY
    Posts
    1,302

    Tre Bass played in 15 games for Franklin-Simpson. I picked the ten most competitive games.

    Bass carried 82 times for 1,089 yards (average/carry) 13.3 yards. 9 TDs

    He also caught 9 passes for 198 yards and 2 TDs. Yes, FS did occasionally pass.

    MVP of the 4A Championship game.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Franklin, KY
    Posts
    1,302

    Quote Originally Posted by macdon View Post
    Tre Bass played in 15 games for Franklin-Simpson. I picked the ten most competitive games.

    Bass carried 82 times for 1,089 yards (average/carry) 13.3 yards. 9 TDs

    He also caught 9 passes for 198 yards and 2 TDs. Yes, FS did occasionally pass.

    MVP of the 4A Championship game.
    OOPS! I did not notice this was a NKY thing.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Franklin, KY
    Posts
    1,302

    T Bass would be one of the tops in NKY or anywhere in Ky.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,534

    Top NKY Running Backs for 2018 to watch.

    Micah Alford 5'8 185 and Peyton Smith 5'10 155 from Walton Verona they had a combined over 750 yards 14 tds.

    Austin Hammack 5'10 170, Jon Sergent 5'9 162 and Quincy North 5'8 171 Simon Kenton combined for 800 plus yards 22 tds.

    Quincy Perrin 5'8 175 Scott ran for 1408 yards 16 tds.

    Kyle England 5'8 200 Ryle 460 yards 5 tds.

    Kyle Kelly 6'2 200 NewCath 1162 yards 13 tds.

    Sean Stratton 5'6 162 Ludlow 1002 yards 8 tds.

    Travon Mason 5'8 150 Lloyd 1414 yards 13 tds.

    Cooper Schwalbach 5'10 180 Highlands 882 yards 17 tds.

    Casey Mcginness 5'10 185 CovCath 1316 yards 21 tds.

    Anthony Witschey 5'8 155, Jeremiah Lee 5'6 140 and Michael Armour 5'10 165 Cooper combined for over 1300 yards 10 tds.

    Chritian Webster 5'11 172 Conner 344 yards 4 tds.

    Cauvey Vastine 5'11 190 Boone County I don't have his yardage but had a great season playing varsity as a Freshman.

    Logan Castleman 5'10 190 and Josh Derry 5'10 195 Beechwood combined over 600 yards 16 tds.

Top