Top returning DB in Nky

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    11

    Top returning DB in Nky

    Who are some of the top DB returning for each school in 2015.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,011

    SK returns 3 good ones

    Safety Sr. Jacob Harney 70 tackles
    Corner Sr. Taylor Galbraith 21 tackles 1 int and 1 fumble recovery.
    Corner Junior Trent Kincaid 27 tackles 7 ints and 1 fumble recovery.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,425

    Of course no one stacks up to the D1 athletes at Simon Kenton. Highlands has Austin Beal returning after a strong junior season. They do not and have never kept defensive stats at Highlands.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    28

    Scott eagles.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,344

    Cole Hicks for Cooper only played 2 games last year before he got hurt, but in those 2 games he had 3 Int's.

  6. #6
    4luvofthegame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    823

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    Of course no one stacks up to the D1 athletes at Simon Kenton. Highlands has Austin Beal returning after a strong junior season. They do not and have never kept defensive stats at Highlands.
    I find the fact that HHS does not keep defensive stats incredibly interesting. Why would a team choose to keep offensive stats but not defensive? Serious question, with no defensive stats wouldn't that hurt a players recruiting? Before you go off the deep end, I know HHS has had a ton of great defensive players recruited. What I am asking is if you have two kids you are recruiting who are very close in your graded talent wouldn't the one with definitive stats have an upper Hand? I could also see it being an issue in the initial stages of recruiting.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Union, Ky. Up on top the pressbox @ Ryle football games.
    Posts
    5,323

    Quote Originally Posted by 4luvofthegame View Post
    I find the fact that HHS does not keep defensive stats incredibly interesting. Why would a team choose to keep offensive stats but not defensive? Serious question, with no defensive stats wouldn't that hurt a players recruiting? Before you go off the deep end, I know HHS has had a ton of great defensive players recruited. What I am asking is if you have two kids you are recruiting who are very close in your graded talent wouldn't the one with definitive stats have an upper Hand? I could also see it being an issue in the initial stages of recruiting.
    Lol ... because dale didn't ever care about defense....

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by 4luvofthegame View Post
    I find the fact that HHS does not keep defensive stats incredibly interesting. Why would a team choose to keep offensive stats but not defensive? Serious question, with no defensive stats wouldn't that hurt a players recruiting? Before you go off the deep end, I know HHS has had a ton of great defensive players recruited. What I am asking is if you have two kids you are recruiting who are very close in your graded talent wouldn't the one with definitive stats have an upper Hand? I could also see it being an issue in the initial stages of recruiting.
    A college coach who doesn't watch film gets what he deserves.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    749

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    A college coach who doesn't watch film gets what he deserves.
    Height weight/speed for position, game film, stats. I think this is the order skill are looked at.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    Cole Hicks for Cooper only played 2 games last year before he got hurt, but in those 2 games he had 3 Int's.
    Does Hendrix play DB?

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,425

    Quote Originally Posted by Fear the Nation View Post
    Lol ... because dale didn't ever care about defense....
    Stats have NEVER been kept for defense other than interceptions and just recently fumble recoveries. Stats mean nothing as far a recruiting goes. If school/coach is interested they watch film and if desire is there to see more then they can come and watch live.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,561

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    Cole Hicks for Cooper only played 2 games last year before he got hurt, but in those 2 games he had 3 Int's.
    Nice! Will keep an eye on him.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    842

    Quote Originally Posted by 4luvofthegame View Post
    I find the fact that HHS does not keep defensive stats incredibly interesting. Why would a team choose to keep offensive stats but not defensive? Serious question, with no defensive stats wouldn't that hurt a players recruiting? Before you go off the deep end, I know HHS has had a ton of great defensive players recruited. What I am asking is if you have two kids you are recruiting who are very close in your graded talent wouldn't the one with definitive stats have an upper Hand? I could also see it being an issue in the initial stages of recruiting.
    HS stats mean zero. They are for dads to get on message boards and brag about there kids and coaches to attempt to bring their program some pub. Dale Mueller didn't care nor need either.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,425

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFauxTiger View Post
    HS stats mean zero. They are for dads to get on message boards and brag about there kids and coaches to attempt to bring their program some pub. Dale Mueller didn't care nor need either.
    Don't give Dale credit for this. Highlands has not kept defensive stats for 100 years and they are not starting anytime soon.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,344

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Does Hendrix play DB?
    Sometimes. But they mostly platoon now
    amd he is mostly used as
    of a kick return and wr than anything else. Cooper has their DB's pretty much set but Mr Sixer may correct me if I'm wrong but I think he is mostly just an offensive player. The injuries last year may have put him on the defensive side some.

Top