Top 2A teams in NKY?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    35

    Top 2A teams in NKY?

    Who looks like the top 2A teams in NKY?
    Players? Etc...
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    356

    I look for Newport to surprise some teams. They have a great coach doing good things there.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    8,075

    Quote Originally Posted by Asmith2731 View Post
    Who looks like the top 2A teams in NKY?
    Players? Etc...
    There’s only 5 2a teams in NKY. Lloyd, NCC, Holy Cross, Walton, and Newport.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    35

    That's supposed to be singular... top 2A team?

  5. #5
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    19,907

    Quote Originally Posted by rjs4470 View Post
    There’s only 5 2a teams in NKY. Lloyd, NCC, Holy Cross, Walton, and Newport.
    Walton doesnt count as an NKY team, or so I have been told.

  6. #6
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    29,595

    It will likely be between NCC and Walton. There are a lot of changes at NCC so we will need to see how they look in action but talent and tradition have to put them right there at the top. Lloyd is the dark horse team that could surprise. That program has good momentum. I see Newport and Holy Cross as both rebuilding.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    8,075

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Walton doesnt count as an NKY team, or so I have been told.
    They aren't part of the NKAC, but in my book (which probably doesn't count for much), they are a NKY team.

  8. #8
    Fear the Nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Union, Ky. Up on top the pressbox @ Ryle football games.
    Posts
    5,242

    Quote Originally Posted by rjs4470 View Post
    They aren't part of the NKAC, but in my book (which probably doesn't count for much), they are a NKY team.
    They only about a 10-15 minute drive from florence/union. I would count them as a nky team also.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    356

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    It will likely be between NCC and Walton. There are a lot of changes at NCC so we will need to see how they look in action but talent and tradition have to put them right there at the top. Lloyd is the dark horse team that could surprise. That program has good momentum. I see Newport and Holy Cross as both rebuilding.
    Lloyd has a D1 runningback they should be really good this year.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    35

    Who are some names we should watch for?

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    35

    What about Walton?

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 18
    Posts
    16

    What is his name ? Has he committed to any school yet?

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    356

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill W. View Post
    What is his name ? Has he committed to any school yet?
    Travon Mason got a offer from Valparaiso University.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Location
    Erlanger
    Posts
    1,160

    Lloyd only lost one offensive lineman, gained a qb transfer from Ryle and returning RB. They will surprise alot of teams just like they did NCC last year.

  15. #15
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    19,907

    Quote Originally Posted by DRKARK View Post
    Lloyd only lost one offensive lineman, gained a qb transfer from Ryle and returning RB. They will surprise alot of teams just like they did NCC last year.
    With Beechwood coming in next year, last chance for Lloyd to do something.

Top