Tahj Rice (Waggener) commits

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    Richmond KY
    Posts
    617

    Tahj Rice (Waggener) commits

    Tahj Rice committed to Duke over Louisville, Oregon, USC, Virginia Tech

    Best of luck!!!!

    Him and teammate Jairus Brents two of KY best unknown high school players.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    Richmond KY
    Posts
    617

    I will try to post the video of him announcing, it's on the courier-journal web site. Next level announcement for sure lol. If any body else can link it I would apprciate it.

  3. #3
    Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    90,852

    Quote Originally Posted by Realreason View Post
    I will try to post the video of him announcing, it's on the courier-journal web site. Next level announcement for sure lol. If any body else can link it I would apprciate it.

    Link to video:


    Newest Duke Blue Devils recruit 'saves the day' in commitment video

  4. #4
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    25,973


  5. #5
    Mediocre Nachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    504

    I'm still processing what I just watched.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    270

    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre Nachos View Post
    I'm still processing what I just watched.
    Good luck with that.

  7. #7
    snakesnot_2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    Mayfield
    Posts
    3,129

    Best I've seen

  8. #8
    TylerDurden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    537 Paper Street
    Posts
    440

    Is anyone else shaking their head at the fact that the Courier-Journal put that video out?

  9. #9
    snakesnot_2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    Mayfield
    Posts
    3,129

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Is anyone else shaking their head at the fact that the Courier-Journal put that video out?
    It's a great video and it's getting national attention. I don't understand the negativity. The young man has to be pretty intelligent to be going to Duke.

  10. #10
    TylerDurden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    537 Paper Street
    Posts
    440

    Quote Originally Posted by snakesnot_2000 View Post
    It's a great video and it's getting national attention. I don't understand the negativity. The young man has to be pretty intelligent to be going to Duke.
    It's not a statement about Tahj Rice's intelligence, or even about Tahj Rice.

    Isn't the Courier-Journal supposed to be a legitimate news outlet?

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    Richmond KY
    Posts
    617

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    It's not a statement about Tahj Rice's intelligence, or even about Tahj Rice.

    Isn't the Courier-Journal supposed to be a legitimate news outlet?
    They are, they are helping report on a Louisville kid accepting a D1 scholarship. He just choose to do it in an unorthodox way. they would have had somebody in the gym if he was sitting at a table to sign, they just broadcast his unusual way of announcing it. A little over the top, but I am afraid that this has become the new norm for a lot of these kids.....you can thank, facebook, instagram, snapchat, etc......

  12. #12
    snakesnot_2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    Mayfield
    Posts
    3,129

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    It's not a statement about Tahj Rice's intelligence, or even about Tahj Rice.

    Isn't the Courier-Journal supposed to be a legitimate news outlet?
    Sure they are but this video is way better than any I have seen. Like I said this video is getting national attention and that in itself makes it news worthy and legitimate.

  13. #13
    TylerDurden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    537 Paper Street
    Posts
    440

    Quote Originally Posted by snakesnot_2000 View Post
    Sure they are but this video is way better than any I have seen. Like I said this video is getting national attention and that in itself makes it news worthy and legitimate.
    So did the video of the "cash me outside how bout dat" girl, and scores of other videos that make it on to Tosh.0...I just don't like seeing an otherwise credible news outlet put out this nonsense.

    "Louisville Courier-Journal: Reporting on what counts, and making videos of high schoolers zapping other high schoolers with make-believe super powers."

  14. #14
    snakesnot_2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    Mayfield
    Posts
    3,129

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    So did the video of the "cash me outside how bout dat" girl, and scores of other videos that make it on to Tosh.0...I just don't like seeing an otherwise credible news outlet put out this nonsense.

    "Louisville Courier-Journal: Reporting on what counts, and making videos of high schoolers zapping other high schoolers with make-believe super powers."
    Simple...don't watch it.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    My wife's house
    Posts
    1,189

    Not saying it was bad but not saying it was great. It was just a little different and sometime different is okay. Congrats to Tahj Rice.

Top