St. Francis DeSales (OH) 49 Covington Catholic 17

  1. #1
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    26,051

    St. Francis DeSales (OH) 49 Covington Catholic 17

    Final in Columbus
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    352

    Glad that's over. Hopefully no one hurt and safe arrival home.

  3. #3
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    126,684

    Sounds like the teams are closer than the score indicates.

    Hang in there CCH, this was nothing more than a practice game for you guys.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    270

    Not sure what games like this accomplish.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    352

    I hope they're done scheduling these hiney whoopins (I mean practice games) for a while.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    352

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYFBALLFAN View Post
    Not sure what games like this accomplish.
    Agreed. 1,000 percent.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 13
    Posts
    474

    7 turnovers by the Colonels. That won't get it done for sure. 100yard interception return for a TD was a back breaker

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 08
    Posts
    427

    Tough week for Cov Cath. Coach Brown who runs the Defensive lost his mother to Breast Cancer. Funeral was today. The mass was packed. The players from Cov Cath gave up their seats as the church kept filling up. The most impressive part was no coach said anything to them. That was better then anything that the Colonial Crazies has ever done. Great Job.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    2,536

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Sounds like the teams are closer than the score indicates.

    Hang in there CCH, this was nothing more than a practice game for you guys.
    Very much so...CCH down 21-17 at the very end of the half with a chance to take the lead and the long INT run back changed the complexion. Proud of these guys.

  10. #10
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    126,684

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesport View Post
    Very much so...CCH down 21-17 at the very end of the half with a chance to take the lead and the long INT run back changed the complexion. Proud of these guys.
    I hear you.

    The Colonels are a threat this year.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    2,536

    Quote Originally Posted by JDOMAX View Post
    Tough week for Cov Cath. Coach Brown who runs the Defensive lost his mother to Breast Cancer. Funeral was today. The mass was packed. The players from Cov Cath gave up their seats as the church kept filling up. The most impressive part was no coach said anything to them. That was better then anything that the Colonial Crazies has ever done. Great Job.
    Put it all in perspective.

  12. #12
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    126,684

    Quote Originally Posted by JDOMAX View Post
    Tough week for Cov Cath. Coach Brown who runs the Defensive lost his mother to Breast Cancer. Funeral was today. The mass was packed. The players from Cov Cath gave up their seats as the church kept filling up. The most impressive part was no coach said anything to them. That was better then anything that the Colonial Crazies has ever done. Great Job.
    Thanks for sharing @JDOMAX

  13. #13
    ThrillVille Cardinal51's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    Louisville,KY----From NKY
    Posts
    5,394

    What are you guys new?

    Who do you want us to play? Scott? Holmes? Sure we could drive across town and smear Holy Cross into the dirt, but we chose to play a tougher opponent. Seems like it was a decent game by and large.

    They got more from this game than they would from playing the majority of NKY.


    7 turnovers won't win many games.

  14. #14
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    26,605

    I like that perspective Thrillville. Just like Beechwood versus CCH last week. Learn something and get better. Better to challenge yourself than walk over someone.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    352

    Quote Originally Posted by ThrillVille Cardinal51 View Post
    What are you guys new?

    Who do you want us to play? Scott? Holmes? Sure we could drive across town and smear Holy Cross into the dirt, but we chose to play a tougher opponent. Seems like it was a decent game by and large.

    They got more from this game than they would from playing the majority of NKY.


    7 turnovers won't win many games.
    New? You have no idea...thanks for the lesson though, dad. How do you know what they got out of this game?

Top