Spring ball is over and camp season begins!!!

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    28

    Spring ball is over and camp season begins!!!

    Camps are a very important for exposure! Trying to see what everyone thinks about attending camps. Who's going where? Are they worth the money?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,013

    SK has several football players invited to college football camps.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,220

    Quote Originally Posted by uk#1fan View Post
    SK has several football players invited to college football camps.
    Define an 'invite' please. This is a serious question and please speak in specifics and not generalities. I know you do not have a child that plays, but I am interested in hearing from those that do about the camps.

    I have a lot of camp material that has been provided to my son in various ways and am trying to determine what is worth the time and money and what is not.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,013

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    Define an 'invite' please. This is a serious question and please speak in specifics and not generalities. I know you do not have a child that plays, but I am interested in hearing from those that do about the camps.

    I have a lot of camp material that has been provided to my son in various ways and am trying to determine what is worth the time and money and what is not.
    I know some colleges will email a player and personally invite them to a camp. I believe they still have to pay for the camp. But they will get a up close workout of that player.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,013

    Jacob Smith NewCath was invited to several camps also.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Somerset ky..at heart. Taylormill Eagle 's nest
    Posts
    717

    I know several kids , from Scott High school will be attending camps. Majority of the schools send out email invites , and some are personal invites, so they can see the individual player in person. The athletes are individually responsible for payment of camp . NCAA rules. Majority of the ones invited to a camp will be either juniors or seniors this upcoming season . Position varies between skilled players , and a couple of lineman from Scott' s program . Good luck boys and have a huge summer !!!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    749

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    Define an 'invite' please. This is a serious question and please speak in specifics and not generalities. I know you do not have a child that plays, but I am interested in hearing from those that do about the camps.

    I have a lot of camp material that has been provided to my son in various ways and am trying to determine what is worth the time and money and what is not.
    Personal invites in my book are. Email that talks about how they like your film or have seen you play. A phone call or txt asking to come. A hand written letter that states your film or what position you play. No run of the mill email or letters. Heck call the coach and ask them for info on the camp and ask if they know who your son is or seen film.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by coach1980 View Post
    I know several kids , from Scott High school will be attending camps. Majority of the schools send out email invites , and some are personal invites, so they can see the individual player in person. The athletes are individually responsible for payment of camp . NCAA rules. Majority of the ones invited to a camp will be either juniors or seniors this upcoming season . Position varies between skilled players , and a couple of lineman from Scott' s program . Good luck boys and have a huge summer !!!
    Who are the players that have received invites? And to what camps? Majority of stuff you receive in mail or emails is an automated message. Have any of them been recruited yet?What year are they?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    542

    I was in Thibodaux, La last year for the Manning Passing Academy. There were quite a few Kentucky kids there. Any one planning on attending this year?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Somerset ky..at heart. Taylormill Eagle 's nest
    Posts
    717

    Quote Originally Posted by Dictator73 View Post
    Who are the players that have received invites? And to what camps? Majority of stuff you receive in mail or emails is an automated message. Have any of them been recruited yet?What year are they?
    These are all great questions !! I can not say rather or not for sure what kids are being actively recruited, as far as camps many kids are invited to camps but i am sure the couple I do know of that recieved personal invites are going to be juniors and Seniors . I am sure the camps have either seen them on highlight films or profile or the athletes visited the camp prior summers . I would say Rice, London, Pleasant, are the main seniors attending camps . As far as juniors or under classman I am not sure .

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    6

    Ah Rice... Outstanding lineman for the Scott Eagles! Hope he has a big year.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    28

    Quote Originally Posted by Dictator73 View Post
    Ah Rice... Outstanding lineman for the Scott Eagles! Hope he has a big year.
    I agree Dictator. Also, keep a close eye on A select few others. Seniors an juniors.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Oct 12
    Posts
    388

    Smith has been personally invited to Ohio, Ky Wesleyan, Mt. St Joes, EKU and Ball State. He will also be attending ( not invited as of yet lol ) UK, UC and Notre Dame camps as well.

    Good luck to all the young men this season!!

  14. #14

    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    60

    After having been through it as a parent, being "invited" to a school's camp is nothing noteworthy. The coach usually just wants butts in seats and dollars coming in. Granted, if there is a standout, he will get noticed...but camp interest is alot different than recruiting interest.
    We did the Manning passing academy too, and for a 8th grader or freshman, it is pretty cool. For a rising junior or senior looking to get recruited, its a waste of time and money.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Posts
    319

    Michigan will have a satellite camp In Indianapolis June 4thName:  Screenshot_2015-05-04-19-45-50.png
Views: 34
Size:  376.3 KB

Top