Somerset to get turf for 2019 season.

  1. #1
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    47,866

    Somerset to get turf for 2019 season.

    The Somerset Independent Schools BoE announced that they were taking bids to add FieldTurf to Clark Field. Below, seems to be the settled on design, which alternates the green turf light and dark similar to Commonwealth/Kroger field. A simple Purple "S" in the center. I personally would have gone all Boise State on them and made the field Purple

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    ATLCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    11,625

    I bet Coach Hines at Pulaski County is in every single ear of the Boosters and BOE members.

    It is no secret a lack of a turf field has been a major thorn in Hines' side. With Somerset getting turf that will only make him get even more outspoken.

  3. #3
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    21,699

    Congratulations to Somerset. I've always liked their facility. This will be very nice.

  4. #4
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    52,643

    I think I read somewhere once that when a team wants to do their field in a color other than green, they actually have to ask Boise State for permission.

    I've always liked the alternating green look.

  5. #5
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    21,699

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I think I read somewhere once that when a team wants to do their field in a color other than green, they actually have to ask Boise State for permission.

    I've always liked the alternating green look.
    I think I've read that as well. I never liked watching Boise on TV. We went to a game at Warren East this season and seeing a game on blue turf in person wasn't as bad as TV, but I didn't love it either.

    I think the alternating greens like Kroger Field and what Somerset is doing is a good look.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    81

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I think I read somewhere once that when a team wants to do their field in a color other than green, they actually have to ask Boise State for permission.

    I've always liked the alternating green look.
    Boise State trademarked any turf that is not green. Without getting into a long trademark discussion, you must ask Boise State for a license if you want a field other than green. Supposedly, they are granting those licenses for free as long as you aren't a competitor. Their position is that they want to control similarly situated colleges in their conference or who they deem competitors from taking the idea. In other words, they want to control the uniqueness of the different colored turf so that it remains "special" to Boise State.

  7. #7
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    47,866

    The best thing is that the Soccer complex just got a complete renovation...new locker rooms, concessions, stands, restrooms. Which means the football field hopefully will not have soccer lines on it.

  8. #8
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    21,699

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    The best thing is that the Soccer complex just got a complete renovation...new locker rooms, concessions, stands, restrooms. Which means the football field hopefully will not have soccer lines on it.
    Do they play soccer on the field right behind the high school?

  9. #9
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    47,866

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    Do they soccer on the field right behind the high school?
    Yes, it's a really nice field and recent construction has turned it into a great facility for soccer.

  10. #10
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    47,866

    Quote Originally Posted by ATLCat View Post
    I bet Coach Hines at Pulaski County is in every single ear of the Boosters and BOE members.

    It is no secret a lack of a turf field has been a major thorn in Hines' side. With Somerset getting turf that will only make him get even more outspoken.
    I expect him to try to schedule a couple of monster truck rallies on the PC field, just to destroy it more...

  11. #11
    jahearme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 04
    Location
    On the 18th, putting for birdie
    Posts
    7,445

    One of the greatest nicknames in Kentucky!
    Nice looking facility.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Posts
    786

    That will be nice!!

  13. #13
    ATLCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    11,625

    The only thing I would love to see is a custom logo at the 30's that says something like "The Briar Patch" with briars wrapped around the lettering. How sweet would that be?

  14. #14
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    47,866

    Quote Originally Posted by ATLCat View Post
    The only thing I would love to see is a custom logo at the 30's that says something like "The Briar Patch" with briars wrapped around the lettering. How sweet would that be?
    Briars on it, in any capacity, would be great!!!

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    17,218

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    The Somerset Independent Schools BoE announced that they were taking bids to add FieldTurf to Clark Field. Below, seems to be the settled on design, which alternates the green turf light and dark similar to Commonwealth/Kroger field. A simple Purple "S" in the center. I personally would have gone all Boise State on them and made the field Purple

    That is the design on the field at Frederick Douglass it looks really good.

Top