Somerset 2018

Page 2 of What does Somerset need to do to improve in 2018? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive. 0 0 0   &nbs... 53 comments | 6160 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by Bac2369 View Post
    Sometimes parents just have don’t like running in the summer. Somerset numbers will pick up when schools starts.
    So those parents are sending what kind of message to their kids?
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 13
    Posts
    4,293

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    So those parents are sending what kind of message to their kids?
    That summer is resting time.. I know my parents hated it. But it may of been just mine so who knows!

  3. #18
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,117

    There are some tough games on that schedule.

  4. #19
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,117

    I know parents want what they believe is best for their kids, but they so often ruin everything with their input and actions.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    I know parents want what they believe is best for their kids, but they so often ruin everything with their input and actions.
    It goes further than that, parents think their little johnny or jill is special, and doesn't have to conform to what everyone else is doing or what is required to be a part of something. When johnny's and jill's all grow up its chaos, cause thats all they know.


    Topic for another thread.

  6. #21
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,200

    Parents only care about one kid. Coaches care about a full roster of kids. Conflicts are inevitable, especially with parental bias in the mix.

    The thing that has always boggled my mind is kids have a very short and precious window of time to participate in sports. I would never let my feelings about a coach keep my child from playing a sport they want to play. I have no clue about anything happening at Somerset. These are just my thoughts in general about all kids and high school sports.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    256

    Apparently Somerset has called out Pulaski and agreed to play them in 2019-2020

    I think it’s a Twitter was between he two.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by archangel View Post
    Apparently Somerset has called out Pulaski and agreed to play them in 2019-2020

    I think it’s a Twitter was between he two.
    Wont happen. Superintendents wont let it happen.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    256

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Wont happen. Superintendents wont let it happen.
    After reading some of the twitter comments from the HC from Pulaski calling Somerset out and Somerset responding that they have cleared their sched for the game.
    It’s a Twitter war through the newspaper site.

  10. #25
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    46,439

    Just to be clear about the situation between Somerset and the county schools, for various reasons they've not played either one for a few years. After a couple of contentious transfers between the schools, Southwestern came out last year and said they will no longer play Somerset in any sport during the regular season. Somerset AD sent a letter to the new AD at SW a few weeks ago asking for the schools to resume playing and SW refused. Then out of the blue PC football coach cancels JV games with Somerset until they play them in Varsity football. Somerset AD sent Pulaski a letter this week saying they have cleared a week off of next year's schedule and are willing to play them home and home.

    Now we are all caught up on that mess and can go back to discussing this year's team.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    256

    ^^^^^

    Thanks for the info.

    Somerset is loaded in 2018. If they are to beat Danville this is the year.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Just to be clear about the situation between Somerset and the county schools, for various reasons they've not played either one for a few years. After a couple of contentious transfers between the schools, Southwestern came out last year and said they will no longer play Somerset in any sport during the regular season. Somerset AD sent a letter to the new AD at SW a few weeks ago asking for the schools to resume playing and SW refused. Then out of the blue PC football coach cancels JV games with Somerset until they play them in Varsity football. Somerset AD sent Pulaski a letter this week saying they have cleared a week off of next year's schedule and are willing to play them home and home.

    Now we are all caught up on that mess and can go back to discussing this year's team.
    See post 23.

  13. #28
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    46,439

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    See post 23.
    I don't think Supts really care. When asked, the new Pulaski Supt told the newspaper that it was up to the schools. Somerset Supt isn't from here, I doubt he cares either way.

  14. #29
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,117

    Quote Originally Posted by archangel View Post
    ^^^^^

    Thanks for the info.

    Somerset is loaded in 2018. If they are to beat Danville this is the year.
    It’s funny to see the differing opinions on the team

  15. #30
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,506

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Wont happen. Superintendents wont let it happen.
    The Somerset Superintendent has told the AD to do whatever he needs to do to get the game scheduled. If they don't play now it is on Pulaski.

Top