Simon Kenton 2017 Schedule Brutal or Brilliant?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    1,002

    Simon Kenton 2017 Schedule Brutal or Brilliant?

    Schedule
    St. X (LOU) (scrimmage)
    CAL
    BS
    Conner
    Dixie
    Highlands
    BC
    CC
    Ryle

    I saw where the BW thread was heading, so, I decided to start this one.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    1,940

    That looks like the 2016 schedule.

  3. #3
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    7,983

    Quote Originally Posted by JAIL BIRD View Post
    Schedule
    St. X (LOU) (scrimmage)
    CAL
    BS
    Conner
    Dixie
    Highlands
    BC
    CC
    Ryle

    I saw where the BW thread was heading, so, I decided to start this one.
    Maybe you should post the right schedule lol.

  4. #4
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    7,983

    SK schedule

    X scrimmage
    Meade County
    Highlands
    Bryan Station
    Beechwood
    Boone County
    Cooper
    Conner
    Campbell County
    Dixie
    Ryle

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    1,002

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    SK schedule

    X scrimmage
    Meade County
    Highlands
    Bryan Station
    Beechwood
    Boone County
    Cooper
    Conner
    Campbell County
    Dixie
    Ryle
    Thanks for the correction.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    129

    Neither... I would call it average. For a team that wants to be considered a powerhouse 6A team, that's far from a "powerhouse" schedule. Brutal for 6A would be multiple games with Moeller, Trinity, X (louisville or Cincinnati), Male, Elder, and teams of that caliber. A scrimmage is nice, but it's a scrimmage. Brutal means taking on the top of your class. Far from it here.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    1,940

    I don't think anybody in the state can compete with the with the Louisville 6A programs, and no level of brutal scheduling is going to change that. I know historically, SK has been singled out for this, but in recent years SK, Ryle and Dixie have all been squashed by the Louisville programs.

    When Ryle had scheduled series against Colerain and LaSalle, they were crushed in all four of those games. Scott County won a title as a 6A school, but they do not have another High School within 25 miles of their campus, and they are much larger than SK or Ryle. I just don't see a school outside Louisville competing with those schools.

    Lets add that SK gave up 50 points to HHS last year. Do they really have any business scheduling Louisville 6A or equivalent programs?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,546

    Greatest schedule EVER. No one in 6A will be able to stay within 5 touchdowns of them. The regular season juggernaut continues.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    52

    Quote Originally Posted by 2020BirdDad View Post
    Neither... I would call it average. For a team that wants to be considered a powerhouse 6A team, that's far from a "powerhouse" schedule. Brutal for 6A would be multiple games with Moeller, Trinity, X (louisville or Cincinnati), Male, Elder, and teams of that caliber. A scrimmage is nice, but it's a scrimmage. Brutal means taking on the top of your class. Far from it here.
    Average I agree. Like to see them play one or two powerhouse teams early to mid season to tune up and adjust the team before the later season to have a better chance in the postseason. Learn much more from losing to a great team then winning against an average team.

  10. #10
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,604

    If your good then your good no matter who you play.

  11. #11
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,444

    Quote Originally Posted by 2020BirdDad View Post
    Neither... I would call it average. For a team that wants to be considered a powerhouse 6A team, that's far from a "powerhouse" schedule. Brutal for 6A would be multiple games with Moeller, Trinity, X (louisville or Cincinnati), Male, Elder, and teams of that caliber. A scrimmage is nice, but it's a scrimmage. Brutal means taking on the top of your class. Far from it here.
    And when those schools you listed so no to playing SK what next? Is that SK's fault?

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    129

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    And when those schools you listed so no to playing SK what next? Is that SK's fault?
    Are you saying SK is in talks with all of these teams every year and they are ducking them? Who else could they try to schedule? In addition to those I listed, how about BG, Scott Co, Colrain, Sycamore, LaSalle, Brentwood TN, Cathedral,? I could go on and on with elite teams that the "powerhouses" in KY, OH, and IN schedule. If you can't get someone to accept from this type of competition, I say find another administrator to build your schedule who can gain the respect of these elite programs. Again, if SK wants to be viewed as a step down from the elite programs, keep doing the same, but to be viewed as a elite (I think they want to be seen that way), you have to do better than the current year in and year out schedule.

  13. #13
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    7,983

    Axhedule is fine SK will be replacing a lot on defense. Gives them time to jell and becone a good defense.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,357

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    And when those schools you listed so no to playing SK what next? Is that SK's fault?
    I would be shocked if any of the GCL schools would say no to SK. SK would be a PERFECT school for them to play, even better than HHS when they played them. SK is going to win a lot of games and is a big school. That translates into a "Harbin Cow" for the GCL team if they would beat SK (and I am sure all the GCL schools are confident they can beat SK any given year). GCL schools have a lot of trouble finding games locally. I am SURE they would LOVE to play SK every year.

  15. #15
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    7,983

    Quote Originally Posted by ggclfan View Post
    I would be shocked if any of the GCL schools would say no to SK. SK would be a PERFECT school for them to play, even better than HHS when they played them. SK is going to win a lot of games and is a big school. That translates into a "Harbin Cow" for the GCL team if they would beat SK (and I am sure all the GCL schools are confident they can beat SK any given year). GCL schools have a lot of trouble finding games locally. I am SURE they would LOVE to play SK every year.
    The same teams X, Trinity and Male have problems beating.

Top