Should Private Schools Have Their Own Playoff?

Page 3 of Since private schools have an obvious competitive advantage (players from multiple counties on their rosters) should they have their own playoffs? Look... 84 comments | 2701 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    381

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell View Post
    Are there KHSAA rules that all schools aren't required to follow?
    Apparently all rules are not the same
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    42,757

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Except that it happens all the time.
    Maybe some do, I'd venture to say most people don't sell the family home and move for four years. Those with plenty of $$$ may rent a place with a good address or maybe use the non-sense that is educational guardianship to make a kid look like they had a legal move.

    Most people just don't have the $$$ to just pack.up and move for football or basketball.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    5,157

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYFBALLFAN View Post
    Apparently all rules are not the same
    There is no KHSAA rule that says Boone County has to tell kids what district they reside in and what school they have to go to.
    And there is no KHSAA rule that tells Kenton County that kids can go to Dixie or Simon Kenton or Scott.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    381

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo4343 View Post
    Why is it interesting? It's been going on for years.
    Just not familiar with mountain football. In NKY if you have a legitimate move and the coach from the opposing school raises hell you don't get to play varsity football. That's a fact.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    381

    Quote Originally Posted by frankdracman23 View Post
    There is no KHSAA rule that says Boone County has to tell kids what district they reside in and what school they have to go to.
    And there is no KHSAA rule that tells Kenton County that kids can go to Dixie or Simon Kenton or Scott.
    But Boone County has a rule that you must play in the district you reside in. Does that not put them at a competitive disadvantage?

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    5,157

    For that matter there is no rule that Boone Co had to build Conner HS, then Ryle HS, then Cooper HS and tell students which one to go to.
    They could be like Scott Co and have say two Boone Co schools with 2300 kids in each. Be bigger than Trinity.

  7. #37
    Watusi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    I'm on top of the world.
    Posts
    37,276

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYFBALLFAN View Post
    But Boone County has a rule. Does that not put them at a competitive disadvantage?
    They have put themselves at a disadvantage

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    5,157

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYFBALLFAN View Post
    But Boone County has a rule. Does that not put them at a competitive disadvantage?
    Whose fault is that? If the residents of Boone Co do not like it then work to change it. Don't cry that other counties and cities aren't dumb enough to restrict themselves.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    381

    Quote Originally Posted by frankdracman23 View Post
    For that matter there is no rule that Boone Co had to build Conner HS, then Ryle HS, then Cooper HS and tell students which one to go to.
    They could be like Scott Co and have say two Boone Co schools with 2300 kids in each. Be bigger than Trinity.
    Ignorant statement at best. 4000 students in a school built for half that. Really?

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    5,157

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYFBALLFAN View Post
    Ignorant statement at best. 4000 students in a school built for half that.
    Hey but Scott County is a football power and can compete in 6A. Maybe they are on to something......

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,546

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYFBALLFAN View Post
    But Boone County has a rule that you must play in the district you reside in. Does that not put them at a competitive disadvantage?
    That's a rule they impose on themselves like higher academic standards, drug policies etc.

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    160

    Let's see...you could have a small school league with Lou Holy Cross, Cov Holy Cross, DeSales, Country Day, Ft.Knox, Ft. Campbell, Owensboro Cath, LCA, CAL, Lex. Cath.,Bishop Brosart, St.Henry...but you would only have 3 teams in the Large League St.X, Trinity, Cov.Cath...did I miss anyone ? Combine Private wouldn't be any fun...

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,546

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYFBALLFAN View Post
    Ignorant statement at best. 4000 students in a school built for half that. Really?
    Build a bigger building instead of 3 new schools.

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    381

    Quote Originally Posted by Watusi View Post
    They have put themselves at a disadvantage
    Boone County Schools don't care about football but that's not the title of this thread.

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    5,157

    BTW since Boone County has no Independent school districts like Kenton and Campbell Co they do have a competitive advantage in all the non classified sports. All those Independent school districts and County school districts competing for kids and dividing all that talent while Boone Co has just those 4 massive 6A schools. Maybe there should be some rule against that?

Top