Sheldon Clark / Belfry predictions

Page 3 of I know the Belfry fans have to be excited...Getting to play a team you already beat always makes you sleep just a little easier at night...I know we we... 162 comments | 5754 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who will you take this week and how much?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Belfry by 7 or more?

    95 72.52%
  • Belfry by 6 or less?

    10 7.63%
  • Sheldon Clark by 7 or more?

    6 4.58%
  • Sheldon Clark by 6 or less?

    20 15.27%
  1. #31
    PIRATES2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    128

    LET'S SHOW SC SOME MORE OF WHAT WE GOT!!!!!

    AND BRING HOME ANOTHER STATE TITLE TO THE MOUNTAINS


    belfry -- 41
    SC -- 19
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    PIRATES2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    128

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man
    With all due respect, I think you're wrong, but you've been wrong before during these playoffs....

    BTW, this isn't the same team that won the state last year, or the year before.... That team has earned respect, but it's history...... I guess we'll see, SC has had to prove themselves every game this year, I don't see any reason why it would change now.....

    One last thing, If Sheldon Clark does stumble, I will be a Belfry fan the rest of the year…. I’ve been so proud that this district has won the state championship the last two years…. After saying that, it’s time they move over and let another district team win the title….
    Yes the team that has one the 2 state titles is gone but we have reloaded and got another great team.... and a great deffense too, the deffense is still there that we had last year & i do believe that they can do it again if they want to ... SO COME ON PIRATES LET'S HEAD BACK TO PAPA JOHN'S

  3. #33
    PIRATES2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    128

    Quote Originally Posted by CamFieldJunky
    I like Belfry by 3 touchdowns, but it will tight all the way through with Belfry pulling away in the 4th.

    Pirate Senior like Church, A. Chapman, and Gooslin know whats at stake. They will be ready for sky high Sheldon Clark

    I AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS ONE..THEY KNOW HOW STATE FEELS..

  4. #34
    pastplayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    In Shawn we TRUST
    Posts
    31

    First of all I would like to congradulate Lc on a great season. I've watch every game Sheldon clark has played this year,and imo they are the best team that Sheldon Clark has played this season. Their speed and athleticism shocked the cardinals in the first half, but as they have all year their hearts and desire would not let this outstanding team walk away with the win to shut out such an explosive offense in the secound half really stunned me with that said I think this team could do something that no other team in Sc has ever done and that is to win a State Title no disrepect intended to the Belfry pirates they have a great team,but so does Sheldon Clark every since belfry beat SC all I have heard from the players is they had to get back to pond creek because they felt like they beat themselves and I know Coach Hager wants another shoot at his old coach and team.Go Cards the fans will be with you next friday night.

  5. #35
    BelfryJustice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,194

    Quote Originally Posted by pastplayer
    First of all I would like to congradulate Lc on a great season. I've watch every game Sheldon clark has played this year,and imo they are the best team that Sheldon Clark has played this season. Their speed and athleticism shocked the cardinals in the first half, but as they have all year their hearts and desire would not let this outstanding team walk away with the win to shut out such an explosive offense in the secound half really stunned me with that said I think this team could do something that no other team in Sc has ever done and that is to win a State Title no disrepect intended to the Belfry pirates they have a great team,but so does Sheldon Clark every since belfry beat SC all I have heard from the players is they had to get back to pond creek because they felt like they beat themselves and I know Coach Hager wants another shoot at his old coach and team.Go Cards the fans will be with you next friday night.
    Who was the second best team that they played? I just want to see were we rank!

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Everyday someone ordinary does something extraordinary
    Posts
    646

    Quote Originally Posted by pastplayer
    First of all I would like to congradulate Lc on a great season. I've watch every game Sheldon clark has played this year,and imo they are the best team that Sheldon Clark has played this season. Their speed and athleticism shocked the cardinals in the first half, but as they have all year their hearts and desire would not let this outstanding team walk away with the win to shut out such an explosive offense in the secound half really stunned me with that said I think this team could do something that no other team in Sc has ever done and that is to win a State Title no disrepect intended to the Belfry pirates they have a great team,but so does Sheldon Clark every since belfry beat SC all I have heard from the players is they had to get back to pond creek because they felt like they beat themselves and I know Coach Hager wants another shoot at his old coach and team.Go Cards the fans will be with you next friday night.
    Nice post.

  7. #37
    pastplayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    In Shawn we TRUST
    Posts
    31

    Who was the second best team that they played? I just want to see were we rank!

  8. #38
    pastplayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    In Shawn we TRUST
    Posts
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by BelfryJustice
    Who was the second best team that they played? I just want to see were we rank!
    I think that goes without saying but I'll say it anyways.Belfry Pirates a great team, a great coach, and great fans, in all a class act. And if you all beat us then you will have my support the rest of the season because it's been great to have the two time defending state champs living right next door to us. Thank you for sending us two great coaches Mattinee and Hager.Good luck, but go Cards.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Dec 69
    Posts
    0

    Leslie County and Belfry are two totally different teams. I think the great equalizer is Coach Haywood and the fact that the Pirates have enjoyed such wonderful success the last few seasons. Yet at the same time I believe that Leslie County caused more matchup problems for the Cards. Their athleticism, versatile offense and excellent run defense created lots of headaches for the Cards. However, a huge 3rd quarter turnover and some very untimely penalties gave Sheldon Clark the opportunity to get back into the game last night. I genuniely believer that Friday night will be a great football game. Belfry doesn't want to get into a ball control contest. If they do, Sheldon Clark could pull off a huge upset!

  10. #40
    Schutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Top of the Mountain
    Posts
    99

    Quote Originally Posted by kybigguy42
    Leslie County and Belfry are two totally different teams. I think the great equalizer is Coach Haywood and the fact that the Pirates have enjoyed such wonderful success the last few seasons. Yet at the same time I believe that Leslie County caused more matchup problems for the Cards. Their athleticism, versatile offense and excellent run defense created lots of headaches for the Cards. However, a huge 3rd quarter turnover and some very untimely penalties gave Sheldon Clark the opportunity to get back into the game last night. I genuniely believer that Friday night will be a great football game. Belfry doesn't want to get into a ball control contest. If they do, Sheldon Clark could pull off a huge upset!
    Well said bigguy!!! WOW Leslie sure had a offense, and The Cards each week totaly amaze me--HATS off to the boys from the Rock way to go cards!! Now showem what you got!

  11. #41
    Schutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Top of the Mountain
    Posts
    99

    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyD
    Sorry but Belfry is going to win another regional championship next week at CAM. I really am glad that the Cardinals won tonight but Leslie Co. had no idea what they were up against. That smashmouth football will kill you if you don't play it every week. Belfry knows what the Cards have and they know how to handle it like they did earlier this year. I know that Sheldon Clark will be coming off a huge win but remember this is Belfry. They wear you out and run you down and finally they break away and never look back. Pirates in a good one but they do pull away in the end.


    ....and yes I do remember the last time that we play Sheldon Clark in the Regional Championship....HE WAS NOT IN...........


    GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!! :fire:



  12. #42
    footballfan74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    in the heart of Pirate Country
    Posts
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Pal
    I think that our Defense will be having some major practice this week Toots. They showed some definite weakness in last nights game against the Jackets.

    What worries me the most is that for 4 years, SC's Coach Hager was a player at Belfry. He knows what is done at practice to prepare for a game. He has been in the locker room at halftime and knows what Coach Haywood will do to correct mistakes. Heck, I bet he still has his playbooks.

    This is the game that will have me on pins and needles until the last play. I believe the Pirates will take the victory, but not by a lot.

    OH YEAH....Is it just me or does the buzzer on the new scoreboard sound like a sick cow????
    I totally agree with you, I told my Mom and Dad that it was an embarassment to hear that buzzer with all the money that has been spent on the stadium. :creepy:

  13. #43
    HarleyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 04
    Location
    DEATH VALLEY.......Vipperman Stadium
    Posts
    198

    Ok Pirate Fans, we do need to do something this Friday night because we were horrible as fans during the Middlesboro game. I do not remember one time that the entire crowd stood up together and cheered on our team. It was like a UK basketball game, the geritol crowd must have not taken their vitamins before the drive to CAM Stadium because we were all (including myself) dead. We need to do whatever it takes to shake down the thunder this Friday night for all 4 quaters of the game and let our boys know that we are behind them 110%. Bring your cow bells, air horns, megaphones and expecially your big mouths and lets make the entire valley roar as we cheer our Pirates on to a 3rd strainght Regional Championship. I know we can do it. Hey, we may be at a new field but that Pirate Pride came with us. So Friday night lets show the boys that we are proud and ready to play another 3 more games before we hang up the pads this year.

    GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!! :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

  14. #44
    Pirate Pal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    Home of the 2003 & 2004 2A State Champs
    Posts
    2,731

    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyD
    Ok Pirate Fans, we do need to do something this Friday night because we were horrible as fans during the Middlesboro game. I do not remember one time that the entire crowd stood up together and cheered on our team. It was like a UK basketball game, the geritol crowd must have not taken their vitamins before the drive to CAM Stadium because we were all (including myself) dead. We need to do whatever it takes to shake down the thunder this Friday night for all 4 quaters of the game and let our boys know that we are behind them 110%. Bring your cow bells, air horns, megaphones and expecially your big mouths and lets make the entire valley roar as we cheer our Pirates on to a 3rd strainght Regional Championship. I know we can do it. Hey, we may be at a new field but that Pirate Pride came with us. So Friday night lets show the boys that we are proud and ready to play another 3 more games before we hang up the pads this year.

    GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!! :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:
    The loudest yell of the night from Belfry fans is when they announced that Sheldon Clark beat Leslie County. That was sad!

    By the way...where are the air horns?

  15. #45
    Sportswarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 03
    Location
    East Ky
    Posts
    2,113

    Theres some in the student section

Top