Shaun Alexander at Boone County HS

Page 4 of Can anyone let me know which years Shaun Alexander attended Boone County High School and also which of these years he started for the team? Thanks. DAV... 98 comments | 4824 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by dominator_58
    54 touchdowns as a senior... holy cow
    He certainly was no joke.
    Advertisement

  2. #47
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,522

    Quote Originally Posted by dominator_58
    54 touchdowns as a senior... holy cow
    And every team they played knew where it was going before the snap. At least 9 guys in the box on every play...

  3. #48

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    St. Matthews, Home of the 2006 and 17 time KY State Champion Trinity Shamrocks
    Posts
    6,464

    I had a chance to review the tape of the 94' state game over the Christmas Holiday (Some families get together and sing Christmas Carols, we watch films of Trinity games). Alexander looked pretty ordinary in that game, he wasn't even the best "Shaun" in the game. Johnson of Trinity outshined him all day.

  4. #49
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,522

    Quote Originally Posted by LSURock
    I had a chance to review the tape of the 94' state game over the Christmas Holiday (Some families get together and sing Christmas Carols, we watch films of Trinity games). Alexander looked pretty ordinary in that game, he wasn't even the best "Shaun" in the game. Johnson of Trinity outshined him all day.
    Where is Johnson in the NFL MVP race???

  5. #50

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    St. Matthews, Home of the 2006 and 17 time KY State Champion Trinity Shamrocks
    Posts
    6,464

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    Where is Johnson in the NFL MVP race???
    Kind of a foul ball for a guy with your knowledge. Johnson signed with UT but suffered some pretty bad injuries that cut short his career. If you would like to review the tape I could arrange it. Afterwards, maybe you would agree with me. The tape is of a NKY broadcast.

  6. #51
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,522

    Quote Originally Posted by LSURock
    Kind of a foul ball for a guy with your knowledge. Johnson signed with UT but suffered some pretty bad injuries that cut short his career. If you would like to review the tape I could arrange it. Afterwards, maybe you would agree with me. The tape is of a NKY broadcast.
    I was at the game, and have the tape. T played a marvelous game, and did everything needed to win. But to say Alexander was "ordinary" was just as foul as what I said. As you know, I have a pretty good friend from that T team, so I hear about how good they were quite often...

  7. #52

    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Posts
    328

    yeah and UK said he was too slow.

  8. #53
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,511

    Nice pickup 3Lions. I guess Covercorner wasn't too busy during those BC games. SA would have been a good FB in Curry's option attack.

  9. #54

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by LSURock
    I had a chance to review the tape of the 94' state game over the Christmas Holiday (Some families get together and sing Christmas Carols, we watch films of Trinity games). Alexander looked pretty ordinary in that game, he wasn't even the best "Shaun" in the game. Johnson of Trinity outshined him all day.
    You seem to know a little bit about football, would you say Trinity's D and the perfect set-up to stop the run? If I remember correctly they played a 5-2 with 2 big time SEC linebackers.

  10. #55

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,504

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    And every team they played knew where it was going before the snap. At least 9 guys in the box on every play...
    Which = a State Championship for us...

  11. #56

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,504

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    As you know, I have a pretty good friend from that T team, so I hear about how good they were quite often...
    Once or twice

  12. #57
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,522

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride
    Which = a State Championship for us...
    Simple as that...

  13. #58
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,522

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride
    Once or twice

  14. #59

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,504

    I look at the 1994 State Championship team as this....

    1 - A team that was on a special run, with a tremendous coach, on his way out, with that, we were 100% prepared for that game IN EVERY ASPECT, even the fact that we did not have any doubt that we were going to win. And we did.

    2- A tremendous Boone County team, who truly had not faced a defense like ours (disciplined) the entire season, and posessed the state's best player by far (granted LSURock, he didn't show that against us, as I would rather say we stopped him, then he just wasn't that good), and a team, that I am sure had some doubt that Boone County could finish....then they virtually spot us 7 (meaning that we ran the opening kickoff back), there was no doubt from that second on.

    *never mind the fact that the ball "bounced" our way the entire game..

    **also, if you ask any senior on that team, once we beat Central, we KNEW that we were state champs....that is a fact, and then, of course, X beat Male the next night, and everyone else knew as well.

  15. #60

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,504

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    We need to show 1/3 of the Big III the tape.

Top