Russell at Newport Predictions

Page 7 of Originally Posted by gametime Lex Cath @ HHS is going to be hard to miss... True that...at least I think that's how the kids say it... I may have to ar... 180 comments | 6795 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #91
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,534

    Quote Originally Posted by NHS BIG DADDY
    What that boy doing now after HS? That kid could fly.
    I know he went to school in Charleston WV to play ball. Haven't heard much from him since...
    Advertisement

  2. #92

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Mark "Bo" Pelini was born 6 weeks premature. He designed a blitz to help him escape from his mother's uterus early.
    Posts
    11,984

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    I knew he played a bunch as a Frosh and Soph, but for some reason I thought he was the #2 option those two years. My Russell memory that far back is a little weak since Lloyd couldn't seem to beat Mason to face you guys...


    Yeah I actually think he was the featured back as a sophomore, he had a nice game and had over 100 yards on NHS in first round playoffs back in 02 and we had a nice run d that year.

  3. #93

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Mark "Bo" Pelini was born 6 weeks premature. He designed a blitz to help him escape from his mother's uterus early.
    Posts
    11,984

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    I know he went to school in Charleston WV to play ball. Haven't heard much from him since...
    I thought I had heard he went somewhere like that.

  4. #94
    GOREDDEVILS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    Home of the 2005 Class 2A Football State Champs!!!!!!
    Posts
    8,523

    Quote Originally Posted by NHS BIG DADDY
    Yeah I actually think he was the featured back as a sophomore, he had a nice game and had over 100 yards on NHS in first round playoffs back in 02 and we had a nice run d that year.
    Joss Gross didnt go to Wv to play football he went to Georgetown, KY to play for the Tigers But he tore his hamstring I heard he'll probly play next season. Im not sure if that was who u was talking about but if not my bad.

  5. #95
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,534

    Quote Originally Posted by GOREDDEVILS
    Joss Gross didnt go to Wv to play football he went to Georgetown, KY to play for the Tigers But he tore his hamstring I heard he'll probly play next season. Im not sure if that was who u was talking about but if not my bad.
    Not who we're talking about...

  6. #96
    GOREDDEVILS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    Home of the 2005 Class 2A Football State Champs!!!!!!
    Posts
    8,523

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    Not who we're talking about...
    Ok thanks my bad.

  7. #97

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by Devilologists
    Yea i think we threw 3 times and 2 TDS, not a bad ratio for the night. AND yea I will say it, I heard that the crew was from Pikeville tonight.

    officials were from Pikeville and may I say, I thought they called a very good game. More fouls than I would have liked, but they were all there.. good game for the zebras.

  8. #98
    FBALL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    4,873

    Newport, no doubt has good athletes. They always do. I think what GOREDDEVILS is trying to say is that Russell's team speed is hard to match. The front seven on defense, while not big, are very strong and very quick.

  9. #99
    FBALL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    4,873

    Quote Originally Posted by NE KY Zebra
    officials were from Pikeville and may I say, I thought they called a very good game. More fouls than I would have liked, but they were all there.. good game for the zebras.
    I thought the 2 personal fouls were questionalble. One was on the QB on a misdirection play in the backfield and the other on the sidelines.

  10. #100
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,534

    Quote Originally Posted by FBALL
    Newport, no doubt has good athletes. They always do. I think what GOREDDEVILS is trying to say is that Russell's team speed is hard to match. The front seven on defense, while not big, are very strong and very quick.
    If there is one team in the Region this year that can match speed it's Newport. Remember James Glenn was out for the game with Fleming, but returned with a bang vs East...

  11. #101
    jughead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Northen Ky
    Posts
    730

    The Red Rocket goes to the University of Charleston in WV. dont know anything other than that

  12. #102
    GOREDDEVILS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    Home of the 2005 Class 2A Football State Champs!!!!!!
    Posts
    8,523

    Quote Originally Posted by FBALL
    I thought the 2 personal fouls were questionalble. One was on the QB on a misdirection play in the backfield and the other on the sidelines.
    I thought one pass interference was questionable to over on Mercers side I thought Russell deflected that without interference that gave them a first down and led to there first score since it put them near the goal line.Otherwise it would have beeen 4th down.

  13. #103
    FBALL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    4,873

    Quote Originally Posted by GOREDDEVILS
    I thought one pass interference was questionable to over on Mercers side I thought Russell deflected that without interference that gave them a first down and led to there first score since it put them near the goal line.Otherwise it would have beeen 4th down.
    The ball was almost intercepted. The officials must have ruled the defender behind the reciever interfered before the defender in front touched it. I too thought it was questionable.

  14. #104
    FBALL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    4,873

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    If there is one team in the Region this year that can match speed it's Newport. Remember James Glenn was out for the game with Fleming, but returned with a bang vs East...
    Glenn can fly. How did he do against East?

  15. #105
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,534

    Quote Originally Posted by FBALL
    Glenn can fly. How did he do against East?
    11 rushes for 72 yards and two touchdowns.

Top