Rank The Remaining Teams

Page 4 of Just for fun, how do the remaining teams rank when stacked up against one another? I'll try: 1. Bowling Green 2. Scott County 3. Highlands 4. Collins 5... 75 comments | 4089 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    24,810

    Quote Originally Posted by blueandgold View Post
    Leaving out the fact that it's a rivalry game and was by far the worst game they played all year. Ok. With NCC's run through the playoffs that year you could not convince me Mayfield was better. Sorry but you can't just compare those two scores and assume Mayfield was better.
    Unfortunately for purposes of this debate, New Cath's awesome season in 2010 was topped by Mayfield's 15-0 title winning season. Check it out.

    Scoreboard
    Advertisement

  2. #47

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Posts
    500

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Unfortunately for purposes of this debate, New Cath's awesome season in 2010 was topped by Mayfield's 15-0 title winning season. Check it out.

    Scoreboard
    And Mayfield still only beat a Paducah Tilghman team that year by 3. NCC's losses came against a Ryle team that beat Highlands (a game in which NCC fumbled about 3 times and still came within 3 scores), and a fluke against Beechwood. Not exactly as easy as you say it is.

  3. #48

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    14,286

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Beechwood beat New Cath and lost to Mayfield 38-14. As good as New Cath was that year, Mayfield was better.
    I've been sucked in. Watch the game again. NewCath played their worst half of football all year. They came out flat. Went down by 17 and then came back. That was NewCath's worst game of the year. To see where a team is, throw out their best and worst game of the year. They are somewhere in between.

  4. #49
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    24,810

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    I've been sucked in. Watch the game again. NewCath played their worst half of football all year. They came out flat. Went down by 17 and then came back. That was NewCath's worst game of the year. To see where a team is, throw out their best and worst game of the year. They are somewhere in between.
    Perhaps true about it being their worst game. And perhaps they would have been able to beat Mayfield. But if I were handicapping a matchup between 2010 Mayfield and NCC, NCC would be the underdog.

  5. #50

    Join Date
    Nov 10
    Location
    Fort Thomas, KY
    Posts
    321

    The ranking team threads always bait people. And gives Mayfield folk a chance to throw shots at NCC in a neutral thread instead of ***Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post******Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post******Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post******Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post******Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post******Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post******Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post******Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post*** NCC threads. Last time these two played but was a championship game in which the state powerhouse mayfield was absolutely embarrassed. 42-7.

  6. #51
    snakesnot_2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    Mayfield
    Posts
    3,090

    Quote Originally Posted by CGG12 View Post
    The ranking team threads always bait people. And gives Mayfield folk a chance to throw shots at NCC in a neutral thread instead of ***Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post******Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post******Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post******Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post******Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post******Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post******Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post******Word Filter Violation - Edit Your Post*** NCC threads. Last time these two played but was a championship game in which the state powerhouse mayfield was absolutely embarrassed. 42-7.
    True but we are still 2-1 against NCC

    I could care less about 2010 now. I'll worry about NCC the next time they meet.

  7. #52

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    14,286

    Quote Originally Posted by snakesnot_2000 View Post
    True but we are still 2-1 against NCC

    I could care less about 2010 now. I'll worry about NCC the next time they meet.
    Possibly next year, it appears.

  8. #53
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    36,354

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    Possibly next year, it appears.
    Isn't there one more year in this alignment?

  9. #54
    ATLCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    8,531

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Isn't there one more year in this alignment?
    This next alignment could be interesting when it happens. Been some rumors that Belfry may be falling back to 2A in the wake of the coal industry struggling so bad. Also rumors that Breathitt County may be dropping as well.

    If Pburg and Somerset remain 2A that could make for some very interesting playoff games.

  10. #55

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    14,286

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Isn't there one more year in this alignment?
    Great question.

  11. #56
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    36,354

    This is just the third year of this realignment cycle, it should be one more school year before the next one.

  12. #57

    Join Date
    Nov 10
    Location
    Fort Thomas, KY
    Posts
    321

    Quote Originally Posted by snakesnot_2000 View Post
    True but we are still 2-1 against NCC

    I could care less about 2010 now. I'll worry about NCC the next time they meet.
    We win in overall point total. Lol

  13. #58

    Join Date
    Nov 10
    Location
    Fort Thomas, KY
    Posts
    321

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    This is just the third year of this realignment cycle, it should be one more school year before the next one.
    2014 is final year of this alignment, then it gets shaken up again.

  14. #59
    Mayfieldsportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Pride and Tradition NEVER Graduate!
    Posts
    5,177

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnboy13 View Post
    All this back and forth debating who can and would beat who, this year and that year, is mere poppycock.
    That is the sole purpose of this website. Talking about football and most of it is poppycock.

  15. #60
    Mayfieldsportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Pride and Tradition NEVER Graduate!
    Posts
    5,177

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    I've been sucked in. Watch the game again. NewCath played their worst half of football all year. They came out flat. Went down by 17 and then came back. That was NewCath's worst game of the year. To see where a team is, throw out their best and worst game of the year. They are somewhere in between.
    I don't know who would have won between Mayfield and Newcath but I do know that you didn't give Beechwood credit for making NCC look bad in the game. Came out flat or it was their worst game of the year is just an excuse. They were flat and it was their worst game of the year because of Beechwood. Beechwood was better THAT night.

    The last time NCC beat Mayfield wasn't because Mayfield came out flat or it was thier worst game. It was because NCC was twice as good as Mayfield. True.

Top