View Poll Results: Pburg or Beechwood

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prestonsburg

    15 22.73%
  • Beechwood

    51 77.27%
  1. #1
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jul 08
    Location
    Prestonsburg, KY
    Posts
    96

    Default Prestonsburg/Beechwood - Predictions

    Game is at Beechwood and is to be played at 4 p.m. Saturday, October 11.

    Should be an excellant game between the #1 team in class 1A and the #3 team in class 2A.

    Thoughts & Predictions?
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Ram
    Ram is offline
    Director of Football Operations Ram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Raceland
    Posts
    34,582
    Just a thought: watch out for the QB sneak from the 50 yd line.

  3. #3
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jul 08
    Location
    Prestonsburg, KY
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    Just a thought: watch out for the QB sneak from the 50 yd line.
    I'm sure Coach Derossett will be ready for those types of plays.

    Beechwood reminds me a lot of Breathitt County this year. Very good running game with a not so good passing game. And most of us know how that one turned out.

    BTW, Prestonsburg's 2,000 yard back from '07, Allen Craynon, will be back for this game as he has been practicing and could have played in the Morgan County game but the coaches didn't want to risk anything against a weak opponent.

  4. #4
    Ram
    Ram is offline
    Director of Football Operations Ram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Raceland
    Posts
    34,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee08 View Post
    I'm sure Coach Derossett will be ready for those types of plays.

    Beechwood reminds me a lot of Breathitt County this year. Very good running game with a not so good passing game. And most of us know how that one turned out.

    BTW, Prestonsburg's 2,000 yard back from '07, Allen Craynon, will be back for this game as he has been practicing and could have played in the Morgan County game but the coaches didn't want to risk anything against a weak opponent.
    I'm sure they will be ready for it. Beechwood is always a dangerous opponent. And, Prestonsburg is always good. I expect this to be a great game. I would love to see it. But, I am busy that day. I will have to settle for reading about it.

  5. #5
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jul 08
    Location
    Prestonsburg, KY
    Posts
    96
    ttt

  6. #6
    Registered User oneijoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Ulysses, KY (a little nowhere between Paintsville and Louisa)
    Posts
    7,196
    I think we'll need to wait a day or two before we get much input from the Tiger crowd. They'll want to enjoy talking about their win over CovCath before they give our game much thought. Can't blame 'em...


  7. #7
    Premium Member oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    IF, After All of the Years, You Have to Ask About Raceland RAM FOOTBALL, Then you Wouldn't Understand.
    Posts
    33,938
    Beechwood by 14.

  8. #8
    Premium Member sidelinedoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Location
    Sidelines
    Posts
    6,406
    I think it is wise for a NKY school to play an eastern KY team for a tough physical opponent. I know Beechwood has a tremendous program but I am taking the road team in an upset. It is just a gut feeling, not anything more and nothing less.

  9. #9
    Administrator Watusi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    Heeere's Johnny
    Posts
    31,895
    ttt

  10. #10
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    London
    Posts
    507
    Beechwood 34 Prestonsburg 14

  11. #11
    Premium Member raiderbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    In enemy territory scouting for the future..
    Posts
    8,980
    Beechwood will pound Prestonburg into submission..I say they win by 3 scores...

  12. #12
    Registered User SuperB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 03
    Posts
    3,119
    Blackcats go for two on the road.

    P'burg 22
    B'wood 21

  13. #13
    Registered User oneijoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Ulysses, KY (a little nowhere between Paintsville and Louisa)
    Posts
    7,196
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperB View Post
    Blackcats go for two on the road.

    P'burg 22
    B'wood 21
    If the game ends up like that, they'll be a lot of folks having chest pain treated before driving back...


  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Posts
    30
    I just pray for NO MORE injuries!! Either team.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    Salt Lick KY
    Posts
    113
    Beechwood by 14

  16. #16
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    Just a thought: watch out for the QB sneak from the 50 yd line.
    I don't see how people think that QB sneak was such a good call by the Beechwood coaches.. like they saw something in the defense. it was 3rd and 1, and IMO I'm sure they just wanted to get the first down. It was just a good play by the center picking up the right man and the QB seeing the field. And trust me this is no trick play up Beechwood's sleeve.

  17. #17
    Premium Member Coachg13207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Posts
    1,544
    Who said the coaches called this play anyhow .Possibly ,it was a check at the line and called by the QB.

  18. #18
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 08
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    683
    I will say that this will be a close game for the Tigers, which they need to have to gain experience in them. The blow outs are nice, but I'm predicting Tigers win on a last minute TD drive.

  19. #19
    Registered User oneijoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Ulysses, KY (a little nowhere between Paintsville and Louisa)
    Posts
    7,196
    Quote Originally Posted by ukfan14 View Post
    I will say that this will be a close game for the Tigers, which they need to have to gain experience in them. The blow outs are nice, but I'm predicting Tigers win on a last minute TD drive.
    Your post points something out...

    Beechwood is usually well hardened and battle-tested from playing whatever opponents they see in NKY at this point in the season. It's not really that way this year as their early season foes aren't as strong as they usually are.

    It's not so much an advantage for Prestonsburg (as the Blackcats have only been tested by Breathitt Co.), as it could be a significant non-advantage for the Tigers.

    IMO, that makes this an important game for each team. Not as much to get a win, but more to play well against a quality opponent. It usually takes a good team to bring out the best in another. Fans of each team would like to see what that "best" is.


  20. #20
    Ram
    Ram is offline
    Director of Football Operations Ram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Raceland
    Posts
    34,582
    Quote Originally Posted by tigers793 View Post
    I don't see how people think that QB sneak was such a good call by the Beechwood coaches.. like they saw something in the defense. it was 3rd and 1, and IMO I'm sure they just wanted to get the first down. It was just a good play by the center picking up the right man and the QB seeing the field. And trust me this is no trick play up Beechwood's sleeve.
    I said in the other thread that I thought it might be an audible by the QB when he sees the defense in an even front with the MLB walked out for coverage. It might have been, it might have been a call from the sideline, I don't know, and I don't think it is a trick play, it is a valid running play. But, you have to admit that it is odd for a QB sneak to for 40 yrds, or what ever it was.