Prediction: District Alignments

Page 3 of First, this is only a prediction. Teams will have the option of playing up, and if several make that choice, it will blow this prediction to smithereen... 58 comments | 13517 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    4chs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Corbin/Whitley Co.
    Posts
    10,695

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    Agreed. Middlesboro is in a bind on this. They are third in line to move down to 1A but none of the 1A teams are going to move up so Middlesboro will have to stay in 2A. Keeping that in mind, the average time travel from Middlesboro to their current district opponents is 2:08, admittedly a long time. However, if you moved them east with Breathitt, East Ridge, Knott, Leslie, and Shelby Valley, the average time travel is 2:09, one minute longer than as is. And even if you got rid of the Pike County schools and made a district of Breathitt, Knott, Leslie, and Middlesboro, the average time travel is 1:58.

    In a nutshell, it is a long way from Middlesboro to everywhere in 2A.
    I was told by someone who works in the Middlesboro system that they will probably drop out of district play if they remain in the same district.
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    WOFOJP61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    1,035

    Looks like Anderson County has been moved down to 4A from 5A.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Jun 15
    Posts
    43

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    Agreed. Middlesboro is in a bind on this. They are third in line to move down to 1A but none of the 1A teams are going to move up so Middlesboro will have to stay in 2A. Keeping that in mind, the average time travel from Middlesboro to their current district opponents is 2:08, admittedly a long time. However, if you moved them east with Breathitt, East Ridge, Knott, Leslie, and Shelby Valley, the average time travel is 2:09, one minute longer than as is. And even if you got rid of the Pike County schools and made a district of Breathitt, Knott, Leslie, and Middlesboro, the average time travel is 1:58.

    In a nutshell, it is a long way from Middlesboro to everywhere in 2A.
    I agree, they are stuck so long as they stay in 2A. That's why I think 1A, both geographically and competitively, is the best place for them. Not saying that it is likely to happen but that's the best result Middlesboro could hope for IMO.

  4. #34
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    21,357

    Quote Originally Posted by Chet Manley View Post
    I agree, they are stuck so long as they stay in 2A. That's why I think 1A, both geographically and competitively, is the best place for them. Not saying that it is likely to happen but that's the best result Middlesboro could hope for IMO.
    Odd thought, but would going to 3A to a district with Bell, Casey, Jackson, and McCreary make sense?

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    126

    Quote Originally Posted by WOFOJP61 View Post
    Looks like Anderson County has been moved down to 4A from 5A.
    Anderson Co dropped to 4A and Frederick Douglass is now in 5A.

    Here is the link:
    http://khsaa.org/football/realignmen...gal%20size.pdf

  6. #36
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,145

    There looks like a mistake in Covington Holy Cross numbers. Their four year numbers are 203, 199, 189, 349. So their male enrollment is trending down but then jumped all the way to 349 this year? They probably are still in 2A with the correct number, but they would be close to the 1A/2A line.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Jul 13
    Posts
    4,261

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    There looks like a mistake in Covington Holy Cross numbers. Their four year numbers are 203, 199, 189, 349. So their male enrollment is trending down but then jumped all the way to 349 this year? They probably are still in 2A with the correct number, but they would be close to the 1A/2A line.
    That is an awful big jump. I wonder if that is correct?

  8. #38
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    21,357

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    There looks like a mistake in Covington Holy Cross numbers. Their four year numbers are 203, 199, 189, 349. So their male enrollment is trending down but then jumped all the way to 349 this year? They probably are still in 2A with the correct number, but they would be close to the 1A/2A line.
    It isn't wrong. They doubled the enrollment for Holy Cross for some reason. I had a thread about this a couple weeks ago and thought they'd fixed it (there were nine mistakes - I even emailed Tackett about it!). I guess not. It would be nice if they'd put out accurate documents.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    789

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    It isn't wrong. They doubled the enrollment for Holy Cross for some reason. I had a thread about this a couple weeks ago and thought they'd fixed it (there were nine mistakes - I even emailed Tackett about it!). I guess not. It would be nice if they'd put out accurate documents.
    It is wrong unless HC became an all boys school. This enrollment report http://khsaa.org/reports/enrollments...alsbyalpha.pdf shows HC with 349 boys and 0 girls. The KHSAA is using numbers reported to the state. If a school makes an error in reporting, the KHSAA doesn’t know that. It is up to the schools to provide accurate information.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    136

    I like Johnson Central in the same Cov Cath class. No way Highlands should not want to play up in 5A. CCH and HHS need to have a path to meet in the playoffs. Anything without this is just plain wrong.

  11. #41
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    21,357

    Quote Originally Posted by Builder1214 View Post
    It is wrong unless HC became an all boys school. This enrollment report http://khsaa.org/reports/enrollments...alsbyalpha.pdf shows HC with 349 boys and 0 girls. The KHSAA is using numbers reported to the state. If a school makes an error in reporting, the KHSAA doesn’t know that. It is up to the schools to provide accurate information.
    Horrible typo on my part. Meant to say it IS wrong. I hate posting from my phone.

  12. #42
    HedgeHog8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 17
    Location
    #FearTheVeer
    Posts
    70

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    Points of interest:

    -In Class 3A, Pendleton County was almost impossible to place. Using this Time Calculator showed that it is one minute shorter on average from Falmouth to the schools in District 4 than those in District 7. Therefore Pendleton is shifted more toward central Kentucky.
    If those of us associated with PC could add our input, we would travel up and down the AA each week vs traveling to the others is Proposed District 4. We can be at Mason in 45 min, Lewis in 65, and Fleming in 75-80. Rather travel that way and compete with schools that are more like us.

    With that being said, we are on an island up in NKY. No 3A teams up here. We are impossible to place in that class and we CANNOT play up to make travel easier. At least not right now.

  13. #43
    Czar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Posts
    1,673

    Did Fredrick Douglass opt to play up or were there numbers wrong that placed them in 4A originally?

  14. #44
    Czar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Posts
    1,673

    Quote Originally Posted by Czar View Post
    Did Fredrick Douglass opt to play up or were there numbers wrong that placed them in 4A originally?
    Does anyone know the answer to the above question?

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Location
    Bluegrass Region
    Posts
    10,387

    Quote Originally Posted by wkufan1 View Post
    Just trying to give a solution, move Souhrhern down to 5A and let one of the West 5A play up.
    Alleviates a 6 team western district in 6A and odd districts in Lville area. Geography is messed up when Owensboro schools travel almost 3 hours to Paducah for a district game.
    Here is another point to ponder, do some schools petition to play closer to home with the Governor slashing transportation budgets by 60%? Interesting plot twist
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneRanger View Post
    [/U][/B]
    This, every word of it. Will impact MANY public schools.
    Quote Originally Posted by TribePride View Post
    The KHSAA surely has to take this into consideration.
    The only meaningful action to this is....

    Reduce the number of classes.

    More classes = more travel.

Top