Poll: Class A, Region 4 Champion?

Page 3 of I'd like to see a Paintsville/Pikeville final. But I think it will be a team from District 7 vs. a team from District 8. Not gonna say who though.... 60 comments | 3194 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who will win the Region 4 Championship?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paintsville

    15 15.79%
  • Somerset

    30 31.58%
  • Lynn Camp

    25 26.32%
  • Pikeville

    18 18.95%
  • Hazard

    3 3.16%
  • Harlan

    1 1.05%
  • Evarts

    0 0%
  • Phelps

    3 3.16%
  1. #31
    RNCSportsaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Posts
    1,783

    Quote Originally Posted by MTNFAN
    Paintsville rushed for 7 yards in the 2nd half against Pikeville without Doderer...if you factor in sacks that # becomes negative (-46).Without Doderer Paintsville is one win(possibly) and done in the playoffs.
    This one is between Pikeville and Lynn Camp.
    JMO
    Paintsville went to the pass in the second half. Pikeville scored just as many offensive TD's as Paintsville. Somerset can throw, and we know how Pikeville performed against throwing teams. (NCC, Hazard) Paintsville also threw it well against Pikeville considering everyone in the park knew we had to down by 6 with no timeouts left. Lynn Camp may beat Paintsville but how do you see Pikeville beating Somerset? I think all of Pikeville better realize they have the toughest road to the regional final between Hazard, Paintsville and Pikeville.
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    1,566

    Quote Originally Posted by RNCSportsaholic
    I think all of Pikeville better realize they have the toughest road to the regional final between Hazard, Paintsville and Pikeville.
    I don't think so at all...

    Hazard = toughest road, having to win at Lynn Camp and then probably at Paintsville to get to the final. I sure hope they pull it off, because if Pikeville makes it that far the regional championship would be at Pikeville. Don't see Hazard doing it though.

    As for Pikeville and Paintsville, it's about even...beating Lynn Camp at home is as hard or harder than beating Somerset at Somerset...my choices if I could pick the championship:

    1. Hazard at Pikeville
    2. Pikeville at Paintsville
    3. Pikeville at Lynn Camp

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Posts
    37,668

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSportsHack
    That's what people thought 2 years ago. Didn't play out that way, did it?
    No, if it always did, our contests would be a drag.

  4. #34
    RNCSportsaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Posts
    1,783

    Quote Originally Posted by Legaer28
    my choices if I could pick the championship:

    1. Hazard at Pikeville
    2. Pikeville at Paintsville
    3. Pikeville at Lynn Camp
    Would you really want to play Hazard again? Why not Piantsville since you beat us? I think Pikeville matches up much better with Paintsville or Lynn Camp, Pikeville doesn't what to face a pass happy team.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    1,566

    Quote Originally Posted by RNCSportsaholic
    Would you really want to play Hazard again? Why not Piantsville since you beat us? I think Pikeville matches up much better with Paintsville or Lynn Camp, Pikeville doesn't what to face a pass happy team.
    Most definitely would love to face Hazard at Pikeville. I would absolutely guarantee a win, which I could not do in the other two scenarios.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    1,566

    Quote Originally Posted by Watusi
    No, if it always did, our contests would be a drag.

  7. #37
    RNCSportsaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Posts
    1,783

    Quote Originally Posted by Legaer28
    Most definitely would love to face Hazard at Pikeville. I would absolutely guarantee a win, which I could not do in the other two scenarios.
    As I would feel the same way about a Pikeville/Paintsville rematch. I went to the Hazard /Pikeville game and I just don't think you would want that rematch if you could pick your oppenent. Pikeville would have to make some major changes, and I just don't think it would be possible in such a short time. Remember, Olinger threw for over 300 yards in very bad weather.

  8. #38
    jumperfootball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    James R. Williams Fieldhouse
    Posts
    238

    Quote Originally Posted by Legaer28

    Also Somerset will have to be 1000% improved from the team that Pikeville spanked 37-7 last year with the dogs called off early and subs playing most of the 2nd half.
    This isn't last year, and we are. Somerset will be calling the dogs off this year.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    1,566

    Quote Originally Posted by jumperfootball
    This isn't last year, and we are. Somerset will be calling the dogs off this year.

  10. #40
    HailToTheChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    741

    I hope Pikeville is this cocky next week

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    1,566

    Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheChief
    I hope Pikeville is this cocky next week
    Who's cocky? jumperfootball is saying Somerset will be calling off the dogs, lol.

  12. #42
    jumperfootball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    James R. Williams Fieldhouse
    Posts
    238

    Quote Originally Posted by Legaer28
    Who's cocky? jumperfootball is saying Somerset will be calling off the dogs, lol.
    Well, I know it won't be Pikeville.

  13. #43
    InTheGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    Commonwealth Stadium
    Posts
    3,403

    Somerset pulling starters in hilarious...Somerset is new to the region...they are still learning who is the top dog in the region.

  14. #44
    RNCSportsaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Posts
    1,783

    Quote Originally Posted by InTheGame
    Somerset pulling starters in hilarious...Somerset is new to the region...they are still learning who is the top dog in the region.
    I think it is more realistic this year than most. Although I doubt it will happen because Pikeville will be prepared. Good luck to Pikeville, hopefully it will be a US 23 battle for the title.

  15. #45
    InTheGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    Commonwealth Stadium
    Posts
    3,403

    Quote Originally Posted by RNCSportsaholic
    Good luck to Pikeville, hopefully it will be a US 23 battle for the title.

Top