Paris 26 Nicholas County 8

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Lexington, Ky.
    Posts
    1,356

    Paris 26 Nicholas County 8

    Final from Blanton Collier Stadium
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    29,808

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 13
    Posts
    4,266

    This is a solid win for Paris.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    7,247

    After only a 9-0 victory over Bracken County last week, didn't think this margin of victory or even a victory over the Bluejackets would be possible. Evidently that Paris defense is for real or the Polar Bear and Bluejackets offenses aren't all that

  5. #5
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    30,168

    Very nice win for Paris. Id id not expect Paris to win, let alone win by this margin.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 14
    Posts
    109

    Paris has a very nice team. There ol dominated the Jackets. They have ton of speed, and thier backs ran hard. Paris was the better team tonight.

  7. #7
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    8,144

    Congratulations to the Paris Greyhounds!!!

    This sets up a key Class 1-A, District 5 matchup a week from now vs Bishop Brossart, 28-6 winners over the Bracken County Polar Bears earlier tonight. The Brossrt-Paris game will be contested in Alexandria at Bob Miller Stadium.

    Brossart has a loss (28-14) to Nicholas County. Paris can virtually clinch the District 5 title with a win in Alexandria, while the Mustangs can throw the race into a three way tie by pulling the upset.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    7,247

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Congratulations to the Paris Greyhounds!!!

    This sets up a key Class 1-A, District 5 matchup a week from now vs Bishop Brossart, 28-6 winners over the Bracken County Polar Bears earlier tonight. The Brossrt-Paris game will be contested in Alexandria at Bob Miller Stadium.

    Brossart has a loss (28-14) to Nicholas County. Paris can virtually clinch the District 5 title with a win in Alexandria, while the Mustangs can throw the race into a three way tie by pulling the upset.


    I think the Mustangs offense wins out Friday night in Alexandria to tie the Hounds' at 3-1, but doesn't Nicholas County have to beat Bracken County in Brooksville(which they won't) to set up the 3 win-1 loss three way tie scenario?

  9. #9
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    8,144

    Quote Originally Posted by All In View Post
    [/B]

    I think the Mustangs offense wins out Friday night in Alexandria to tie the Hounds' at 3-1, but doesn't Nicholas County have to beat Bracken County in Brooksville(which they won't) to set up the 3 win-1 loss three way tie scenario?
    You are correct, and after what we witnessed in 2016 I am not assuming anything.
    Just got a bit ahead of myself at 1:30am in the morning and didn't think things through. No disrespect meant whatever.
    As you might have noticed at 1:30am after a full night of football broadcasting and updating the website etc., I even failed to spell Brossart correctly.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    7,247

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    You are correct, and after what we witnessed in 2016 I am not assuming anything.
    Just got a bit ahead of myself at 1:30am in the morning and didn't think things through. No disrespect meant whatever.
    As you might have noticed at 1:30am after a full night of football broadcasting and updating the website etc., I even failed to spell Brossart correctly.
    Sorry Mustang, my post meant no disrespect, your always all good. It was more meant as a question, because I wasn't so sure of the records of Nicholas and Bracken at the time. Hope to get to Alexandria to catch that game if it is actually football weather, is it at Campbell Middle School?

  11. #11
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    OLD AMERICA
    Posts
    40,778

    Paris did what needed to be done.
    Congrats on digging down deep and doing so.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    182

    Quote Originally Posted by All In View Post
    Sorry Mustang, my post meant no disrespect, your always all good. It was more meant as a question, because I wasn't so sure of the records of Nicholas and Bracken at the time. Hope to get to Alexandria to catch that game if it is actually football weather, is it at Campbell Middle School?
    Yes it is at Campbell County Middle School

  13. #13
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    8,144

    Quote Originally Posted by All In View Post
    Sorry Mustang, my post meant no disrespect, your always all good. It was more meant as a question, because I wasn't so sure of the records of Nicholas and Bracken at the time. Hope to get to Alexandria to catch that game if it is actually football weather, is it at Campbell Middle School?
    No offense taken, it was a sin of omission on my part.

Top