Paintsville - 2019 Schedule

  1. #1
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    40,251

    Paintsville - 2019 Schedule

    8/17 at Corbin (Scrimmage)
    8/23 at Lawrence County
    8/30 vs. Beechwood (at Georgetown College)
    9/6 vs. Pikeville
    9/13 vs. East Jessamine
    9/27 at Hazard
    10/4 at Union (VA)
    10/11 at Fairview (District Game)
    10/18 vs. Betsy Layne (District Game)
    10/25 vs. Raceland (District Game)
    11/1 vs. Lexington Christian Academy
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    TylerDurden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    537 Paper Street
    Posts
    792

    Not a bad schedule at all. I really like seeing the Beechwood and Pikeville games on there...defending 1A champ and 1A runner up. I'm assuming the Beechwood game at Georgetown is a bowl game. Anyone know if there will be any games besides Paintsville/Beechwood involved?

    Raceland will be a real challenge for the district champs. Looking at Calpreps projections for last season, LCA and Union, VA games would be most challenging besides those mentioned, with Lawrence Co and Hazard making for decently competitive games too. The Tigers will handle East Jessamine, Betsy Layne and Fairview easily.

  3. #3
    HT721's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,576

    Sad to see their series with Williamsburg end, that seemed like a good game for both teams.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 19
    Posts
    69

    The Beechwood game will be a fun game to kick off the season. It’s always fun to see regular season games with teams matching up from different parts of the state. I’m sure it’s been awhile since Paintsville and Beechwood last met.

  5. #5
    DevilMayCare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    4,906

    Quote Originally Posted by Glider View Post
    The Beechwood game will be a fun game to kick off the season. It’s always fun to see regular season games with teams matching up from different parts of the state. I’m sure it’s been awhile since Paintsville and Beechwood last met.
    First meeting since the second round of the 1998 playoffs.

  6. #6
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    40,251

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilMayCare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Glider View Post
    The Beechwood game will be a fun game to kick off the season. It’s always fun to see regular season games with teams matching up from different parts of the state. I’m sure it’s been awhile since Paintsville and Beechwood last met.
    First meeting since the second round of the 1998 playoffs.
    This is one of the more exciting non-district games I've seen pop up in all of the 2019 schedules I've seen thus far. I may well have to go check this one out in person.

  7. #7
    DevilMayCare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    4,906

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    This is one of the more exciting non-district games I've seen pop up in all of the 2019 schedules I've seen thus far. I may well have to go check this on out in person.
    I agree. In terms of recent success and programs with a lot of "juice", this game definitely jumps out at you.

    It's generally assumed that Beechwood is just going to reload. But they lose a ton of talent and championship experience. For their part, Paintsville has a handful of talented kids coming back, but I'm not sure about their depth.

    Both teams will have plenty of question marks going in. Regardless, I love seeing games like this early in the season.

Top