Owensboro Catholic @ Ft. Campbell predictions

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Posts
    74

    Owensboro Catholic @ Ft. Campbell predictions

    Should be a great game!!!!
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    55

    OCHS 21
    F.C. 13

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,811

    This might make a difference - a huge difference - in the game. From the KY New Era:

    "Micah Johnson, their 6-foot-5 running back, ran for 194 yards and five touchdowns on 12 carries and Tim Atcher ran 15 times for 129 yards.

    "We just couldn't tackle him," said Caldwell's coach Pat Gates. Johnson ran for 143 yards in the first half. He didn't play all of the second half after he injured his hamstring."


    Methinks this will be watched pretty close as gameday approaches.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    89

    Fort Campbell 28 Owensboro Catholic 14

    Fort Campbell finally gets over the hump!

  5. #5
    aces03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Owensboro
    Posts
    755

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat09
    Fort Campbell 28 Owensboro Catholic 14

    Fort Campbell finally gets over the hump!
    If the Fort does not do it this year, they never will.....
    Will be intersting to see how they respond as pressure builds this week.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    Owensboro
    Posts
    210

    Quote Originally Posted by aces03
    If the Fort does not do it this year, they never will.....
    Will be intersting to see how they respond as pressure builds this week.

    FC has so much pressure. The monkey is huge. I think your right, if they don't do it this time they never will.


  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Posts
    1,668

    Sounds to me like this may be Ocatholics do or die year...from what everyone is saying, this is alot better team than in 03 and 04, so, with 2a being somewhat down on the east side, i'd think they were the ones with all the pressure...

  8. #8
    NEXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 02
    Location
    Making somebody mad somewhere
    Posts
    2,419

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatjack
    Sounds to me like this may be Ocatholics do or die year...from what everyone is saying, this is alot better team than in 03 and 04, so, with 2a being somewhat down on the east side, i'd think they were the ones with all the pressure...


    Who said its down on the East Side?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Posts
    1,668

    Quote Originally Posted by NEXT
    Who said its down on the East Side?

    Me...in the past 3 years at least 5 of the top 10 ranked teams have been from the east..between Belfry, Breathitt, Russell, Prestonsburg, Middlesboro.. This year only Belfry and Russell have been in the top 10 consistently and they're still pretty good teams, but, imo, the better teams are in the west this year...

  10. #10
    aces03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Owensboro
    Posts
    755

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatjack
    Sounds to me like this may be Ocatholics do or die year...from what everyone is saying, this is alot better team than in 03 and 04, so, with 2a being somewhat down on the east side, i'd think they were the ones with all the pressure...
    Don't think so Jack, 03 & 04 had all the expectations with Barnard and Co. This year was just a big question mark. They just happened to turn out a VERY solid ball club in all phases. FC is ranked #1 with all the D1 prospects not us.....

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    Quote Originally Posted by NEXT
    Who said its down on the East Side?
    I am, too. Breathitt and Prestonsburg are down, and no one has stepped into the breach except maybe Newport. The mountains appear way down. For the first time in a while, the north-northeast region looks stronger than the mountain region.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    55

    Wildcat ,this team is not even close to the talent they had in 2003, this team has a great attitude and confidence. By the way Catholic joked in 03 ,same as F.C. will this year!!!!!!!

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    Owensboro Catholic was unbeaten and ranked #1 almost all season in 2003 ... they were as good or better than any team in 2A that year. They just didn't get it done in the semifinals.

    I don't see that this group of Aces is as good as that bunch.

    That being said, I think Owensboro Catholic has a shot at Fort Campbell, but they will have to keep the score down. Assuming Micah Johnson is healthy, I have a hard time seeing the Aces putting a lot of points on the board.

    The interesting thing is Johnson's injury. If he's not 100 percent, he needs to probably play mostly on the defensive side of the ball. Fort Campbell has plenty of offensive weapons aside from Johnson (Atcher, Nunn, Robinson, Gordon) and there have been times this year that I thought the Falcons needed to lessen Johnson's workload in the running game. He is the franchise on defense, and needs to stay healthy and fresh for that side of the ball.

  14. #14
    4chs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Corbin/Whitley Co.
    Posts
    10,778

    Quote Originally Posted by booneriii
    This might make a difference - a huge difference - in the game. From the KY New Era:

    "Micah Johnson, their 6-foot-5 running back, ran for 194 yards and five touchdowns on 12 carries and Tim Atcher ran 15 times for 129 yards.

    "We just couldn't tackle him," said Caldwell's coach Pat Gates. Johnson ran for 143 yards in the first half. He didn't play all of the second half after he injured his hamstring."


    Methinks this will be watched pretty close as gameday approaches.
    Why would he be playing much anyway in the second half of a blowout game?

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Owensboro, KY
    Posts
    490

    I was kind of wondering that myself. For some reason i have this feeling that he will be 100% come gametime.

Top