Originally Posted by jlow
None except for Frederick Douglas, IMO.
1) Bethlehem- Great job, but private...doesn't pay into the KTRS pension. Guessing it doesn't pay much, either.
2) Boyd County- Battling for the 3 spot in your district most every year.
3) Carroll County - FILLED
4) Eastern- Not many proven head coaches in great situations are going to leave that to go battle Trinity & the rest of 6A/Jefferson County.
5) Floyd Central (New School)- exciting to start your own traditions and program w/ new facilities. Other than that, being thrown in with Belfry who needs know explanation + a very solid Lawrence County program and Pike Central who has been on the uptick. Add all of that with the idea of living in the mountains (which I personally love, but not a lot of wives who aren't from out that way are moving that way).
6) Fort Campbell- See Bethlehem. Different retirement pension, but you can go make some serious cash nonetheless. I don't think they are going to be able to hire anybody that isn't already there and/or in the DoDEA. They were "locked" into that with the last two hires and I hear this one will be no different.
7) Frederick Douglass (New School)- Already been discussed. This one is the "silver tuna" (it's Christmas time..a little quote from Joe Pesci in "Home Alone")
8) George Rogers Clark- 6A and about as low as it gets right now. See Eastern..who proven is going to leave for that?
9) Harlan- That part about location when in regards to Floyd Central? See Harlan and multiply that by infinity (again, I love the mountains.)
10) Knox Central-See Floyd Central & Harlan, although a little more convenient to get to places. But, they apparently just forced a guy to resign who had his 1st losing season in 6 years and were in the region finals in 2015. Who is going take move their family there that's not already there or somehow has some serious connections for that kind of gamble?
11) Ludlow-Nobody proven, but one of if not the best one to go prove yourself. Live in NKY & outside of Beechwood, you have a very manageable schedule....that is if you don't take hits to your roster of 25-30 grades 9-12 in any fashion. They pay really well (teaching pay for sure).
12) Oldham County- See GRC and to an extent Ludlow. Nobody proven is going there, but absolutely nowhere to go but UP. Great area to live (all be it an expensive area to live). Oldham took a hit as South Oldham started gaining ground when it opened up 25 years ago, and it seems that North Oldham has punched them in the gut, too. If Oldham stays 5A and more importantly, 5A and in the district they are in, then I think something can happen. However, they are right on that 6A line and have been in the biggest class many times before.
To answer you question in a nutshell, though? Outside of Frederick Douglass, I don't think any of these are going to snag a proven, experienced head coach. These are first time head coach and/or bounce back jobs for those out there looking who might have been a head coach before.