Open Job: Newport Central Catholic

Page 8 of Any favorites or interested parties floating around? 0 0 0    ... 137 comments | 20986 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #106

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Ed View Post
    They need a person from outside, maybe someone so far outside they may have heard of Newport, Ky. Need someone who will have zero outside influences and when those influences arise, have to courage to tell them to take a hike.
    Can the people of NCC handle an outside hire? An outside hire wont care about traditions and any past NCC things. Can the NCC peeps really handle that?
    Advertisement

  2. #107
    littleluck55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,812

    Sounds like they need someone in charge who doesn’t let parents influence their decision. That is a disaster waiting to happen.

  3. #108

    Join Date
    Sep 17
    Posts
    88

    Hopefully the new guy brings/hires his own assistant coaches and starts fresh. Start with evaluateing all the talent and puts the boys in the right spots and on the field. Really haven’t heard much other than an assistant from Elder was interviewed. I heard the offensive coordinator was interviewed hopefully that is not the way NCC goes

  4. #109

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by littleluck55 View Post
    Sounds like they need someone in charge who doesn’t let parents influence their decision. That is a disaster waiting to happen.
    That only works if the administration above the coach doesnt allow it either, which we know they do, so..........................

  5. #110

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    1,687

    Who are perspective candidates at this time?

  6. #111

    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Location
    Independence KY
    Posts
    2,905

    Where are our NewCath insiders???

  7. #112
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,524

    No way they go outside of the NCC family circle IMO.

  8. #113

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,077

    So many experts...

  9. #114

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    1,241

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    That only works if the administration above the coach doesnt allow it either, which we know they do, so..........................
    What have they allowed since you seem to know?

  10. #115

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    1,241

    Quote Originally Posted by littleluck55 View Post
    Sounds like they need someone in charge who doesn’t let parents influence their decision. That is a disaster waiting to happen.
    How have they let parents influence them please tell?

  11. #116
    Sweeperboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    #wonforthem / #cowboycrowned
    Posts
    5,110

    Quote Originally Posted by Qryche11 View Post
    No way they go outside of the NCC family circle IMO.
    You certainly wouldn’t think so but You never know

  12. #117

    Join Date
    Mar 14
    Location
    Volcavania
    Posts
    1,404

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunt View Post
    Hopefully the new guy brings/hires his own assistant coaches and starts fresh. Start with evaluateing all the talent and puts the boys in the right spots and on the field. Really haven’t heard much other than an assistant from Elder was interviewed. I heard the offensive coordinator was interviewed hopefully that is not the way NCC goes
    Which OC? From my understanding there were oc-Oc’s.

  13. #118

    Join Date
    Sep 17
    Posts
    88

    Quote Originally Posted by footstomp View Post
    Which OC? From my understanding there were oc-Oc’s.
    I believe Fuss was interviewed from what I heard.

  14. #119

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    5,314

    All the Football Coaches salaries combined is $23,000. (It is Title IX information on the KHSAA web site). Not many "outsiders" are going to be willing to work with that low number.

  15. #120

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    377

    Quote Originally Posted by frankdracman23 View Post
    All the Football Coaches salaries combined is $23,000. (It is Title IX information on the KHSAA web site). Not many "outsiders" are going to be willing to work with that low number.
    Par or better than most. Maybe one day these guys will get paid for their time and crap they have to deal with. You have jobs (premier) ones of late where only one or two current head coaches at other places have applied. Being a high school head football coach or any head coach, especially in this state, is one of the single most overrated “CEO” type spots on planet earth.

Top