Open Job: Montgomery County

Page 9 of Mchs has and opportunity to hire a great coach in Nathan Mcpeek but the fix is on for a assistant coach that has 0 experience not even a head coordinat... 193 comments | 24510 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #121

    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Posts
    63

    McPeek has a great resume but you also have to consider that it is a resume that includes a ton of wins over teams that Fairview was just far more talented than. Not saying that to bash McPeek but it's a fact. Maybe the situation at Montgomery is one that he would not be as successful at? Once again not bashing just a thought. Some people are going to be more successful at certain jobs/places
    Advertisement

  2. #122

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    181

    Quote Originally Posted by brooks4prez View Post
    McPeek has a great resume but you also have to consider that it is a resume that includes a ton of wins over teams that Fairview was just far more talented than. Not saying that to bash McPeek but it's a fact. Maybe the situation at Montgomery is one that he would not be as successful at? Once again not bashing just a thought. Some people are going to be more successful at certain jobs/places
    You could say the same thing for many programs in Kentucky. I understand your argument and you may be right about the Montgomery situation. However I disagree with you on your argument about wins against worse opponents because if you look at most of the programs especially in Kentucky with great success they have beaten many bad football teams. As Bill Parcells always says you are what your record says you are. He knows little more about football than us lol.

  3. #123

    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Shang Ri La
    Posts
    2,768

    Quote Originally Posted by sidelinedoc#2 View Post
    You could say the same thing for many programs in Kentucky. I understand your argument and you may be right about the Montgomery situation. However I disagree with you on your argument about wins against worse opponents because if you look at most of the programs especially in Kentucky with great success they have beaten many bad football teams. As Bill Parcells always says you are what your record says you are. He knows little more about football than us lol.
    Bill Parcells coached in the NFL where the talent disparity is razor thin and you don't choose half of your own schedule. Nice try

  4. #124

    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Shang Ri La
    Posts
    2,768

    Quote Originally Posted by sidelinedoc#2 View Post
    I know Nate's family so of course I'm for him but in this instance I wasn't referring to him at all pick-six and to be honest that's sad if they don't want a great coach but other great coaches out there as well. You are right as well having success at one place doesn't mean you will at another I get that and agree with you. However I would much rather have someone like Nate with his resume and reputation as opposed to an unproven guy but that is just my opinion. Honestly Montgomery and Greenup are the same job going nowhere for a state title run in current situations. Montgomery has the facilities is the main positive and area to live in but same caliber job. I wasn't calling for Montgomery to hire McPeek or anybody else for that matter simply saying why not just HIRE the best? At the end of the day it's about politics which is sad so my statement will always be do what is best for the kids. That is to bring someone in that knows what they are doing and will demand/teach life principles that will help you win.
    Are you as tone deaf as this appears to indicate?

  5. #125

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    181

    Quote Originally Posted by Iam4thecats View Post
    Are you as tone deaf as this appears to indicate?
    no sir I just like to give people 2nd chances and so many people get them in America. This is HS sports not life/death let the guy be.

  6. #126

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    181

    Quote Originally Posted by Iam4thecats View Post
    Bill Parcells coached in the NFL where the talent disparity is razor thin and you don't choose half of your own schedule. Nice try
    true but still a solid quote that holds true HS/College/Pro.

  7. #127

    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Shang Ri La
    Posts
    2,768

    Quote Originally Posted by sidelinedoc#2 View Post
    true but still a solid quote that holds true HS/College/Pro.
    It certainly does not and that was my point, but why try, you have all the answers.

  8. #128

    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Shang Ri La
    Posts
    2,768

    Quote Originally Posted by sidelinedoc#2 View Post
    no sir I just like to give people 2nd chances and so many people get them in America. This is HS sports not life/death let the guy be.
    You have no clue what tone deaf means I guess. I should use simple language. You don't push for someone to get a second chance and trumpet their reputation when the reputation is the thing keeping him from a 2nd chance.

  9. #129

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    181

    Quote Originally Posted by Iam4thecats View Post
    It certainly does not and that was my point, but why try, you have all the answers.
    no sir I don't

  10. #130

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    181

    Quote Originally Posted by Iam4thecats View Post
    You have no clue what tone deaf means I guess. I should use simple language. You don't push for someone to get a second chance and trumpet their reputation when the reputation is the thing keeping him from a 2nd chance.
    ok hope you bashing makes you feel better about your yourself

  11. #131

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Posts
    66

    Be nice

  12. #132

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    40

    If this is about politics then sizemore has no chance at the job. He seems to have everyone against him. The politics is to hire other people.

  13. #133

    Join Date
    Jun 10
    Posts
    662

    Quote Originally Posted by Indians View Post
    If this is about politics then sizemore has no chance at the job. He seems to have everyone against him. The politics is to hire other people.
    Politics is the easy excuse people make when their candidate didn't get a job. It would seem that no one gets a job anymore from working hard and earning it.

  14. #134

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    181

    Quote Originally Posted by Pick-six View Post
    Politics is the easy excuse people make when their candidate didn't get a job. It would seem that no one gets a job anymore from working hard and earning it.
    Nobody gets a job anymore for working hard and earning it I agree with that 100%, it's reality not an excuse. If you don't know someone or have an inside person you aren't getting the job anymore in today's society.

  15. #135

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    1,533

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    As an outsider looking in, is it just my perception, or has MoCo had a recent "coaching carousel" history with respect to football and basketball?
    Yes and no.

    Football which in many people's eye's has under performed, has not had a coaching change for several years. Personally the program has never climbed out of just an average to below average 5a program. During all the craziness of the last administration many wondered how the football program was not affected with a coaching change. Heck they fired a 29-3 basketball coach but left a below average football program alone go figure.

    Basketball coaching changes can all be traced to specific parent influence on the school system. Football has escaped this issue for the most part at least to the eye of the public.

    I've always believed you give coaches a fair chance as long has they are giving a good effort. Hard to messure success by wins an losses at some ky hs football programs.

    I.e moco is not highlands ect ect

Top