Open Job: Montgomery County

Page 8 of Mchs has and opportunity to hire a great coach in Nathan Mcpeek but the fix is on for a assistant coach that has 0 experience not even a head coordinat... 193 comments | 24446 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #106

    Join Date
    Mar 16
    Posts
    3

    Anyone who thinks this is about the Football program is crazy,thehiring of a staff person is to cover the real truth-money! As a Trojan, when the schools merged in the mid 70s, a trust went to the county. The ideal of that trust was to pay for Greyhounds and food for the football program. It was to be administered by a bank and I am speculating which bank, probably one with ties to the previous head coach and anyone around the program knows parents have had to pick up tabs for food and I have not seen a grey hound for any football team since the 70s,soooo where is the money gone? Specualtion says that a portion went to suppliment the coaches salary instead of where it was originally meant to go, That would make sense as someone would have to account for the money--hmmm , so the coach recommends a hiring of an individual who has not head coaching position in an area that has 2nd to none facilities,maybe the thought process was he willnot know about the Trust and to get who financially inexpensive , the hiring process has been completely bypassed-and the board said Previous supt. ran amok? They are allowing the Principal to hire as a extra curricular activity the head football coach and The one chosen will go against the reccomendation of the committee and offered nothing to potential candidates to a plum job,Who is really benefitting from this- Administrators,coach on staff or previously ,one thing is--the kids of the program are being sold down the tube so people line their pockets with $. Thisprocess has not worked with Basketball--how many coaches in the last 10 years--6 or 7, It is like a shell game at a carnival when the move the shells so the general public doesnt see the real pea! What was site base committees for if they have no say and admintrators at high school and central office pick and chose who they want( oh wait that was under previous adminatration--or was it) do the right thing, Open the process up , put the money in the FB program as it should be and Hopefully the new coach ask why they really are anxious to hire you, find the shell!
    Advertisement

  2. #107

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    40

    Quote Originally Posted by MtSterlingTrojan View Post
    Anyone who thinks this is about the Football program is crazy,thehiring of a staff person is to cover the real truth-money! As a Trojan, when the schools merged in the mid 70s, a trust went to the county. The ideal of that trust was to pay for Greyhounds and food for the football program. It was to be administered by a bank and I am speculating which bank, probably one with ties to the previous head coach and anyone around the program knows parents have had to pick up tabs for food and I have not seen a grey hound for any football team since the 70s,soooo where is the money gone? Specualtion says that a portion went to suppliment the coaches salary instead of where it was originally meant to go, That would make sense as someone would have to account for the money--hmmm , so the coach recommends a hiring of an individual who has not head coaching position in an area that has 2nd to none facilities,maybe the thought process was he willnot know about the Trust and to get who financially inexpensive , the hiring process has been completely bypassed-and the board said Previous supt. ran amok? They are allowing the Principal to hire as a extra curricular activity the head football coach and The one chosen will go against the reccomendation of the committee and offered nothing to potential candidates to a plum job,Who is really benefitting from this- Administrators,coach on staff or previously ,one thing is--the kids of the program are being sold down the tube so people line their pockets with $. Thisprocess has not worked with Basketball--how many coaches in the last 10 years--6 or 7, It is like a shell game at a carnival when the move the shells so the general public doesnt see the real pea! What was site base committees for if they have no say and admintrators at high school and central office pick and chose who they want( oh wait that was under previous adminatration--or was it) do the right thing, Open the process up , put the money in the FB program as it should be and Hopefully the new coach ask why they really are anxious to hire you, find the shell!
    This is funny. How long did this take you to write? You don't have a clue

  3. #108

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    1,533

    Quote Originally Posted by Indians View Post
    This is funny. How long did this take you to write? You don't have a clue
    I honestly never heard about a trust.

    Indians can you elaborate what this is?
    How much is in it?
    Who administers the trust?

    Any info would be much appreciated.

  4. #109

    Join Date
    Mar 16
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Indians View Post
    This is funny. How long did this take you to write? You don't have a clue
    Never underestimate a Trojan --that why we have exactly 1 state Championship and the Indians have How many? oh -0 and never been close either --

  5. #110

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    40

    Living in the past. Congratulations though. Well earned.

  6. #111

    Join Date
    Mar 16
    Posts
    3

    History is the basis of what we do, maybe it wouldn't hurt for a few Indians to draw on the past and stop patting each other on the backs for subpar years and look to how you really build a champion. Hire someone who can run the whole program with vigor and energy, get the community excited about FB again and for the comment living in the past-What past do you have to brag about? Nicest facilities around and our taxpayers money paid for, We should expect a winner but a quality program.Not a pat on the back hire! So unless your one of the groups I spoke of and I think I must hit a nerve, what s the deal with you? I just want a winner

  7. #112

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    40

    Be a part of the solution and not the problem them. I'm sure the new coach will need assistants. Apply to be one. Easy to sit behind a username and complain. Try doing something.

  8. #113

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    181

    Should open the coaching job back up and get better candidates from what I'm reading on here. At the end of the day the kids get hurt by not getting a very good coach, seems like a theme this year hiring people with no background of good coaching.

  9. #114

    Join Date
    Jun 10
    Posts
    662

    My question is, how do you know if someone will be a good coach if they never get a chance? Everyone has to get their foot in the door somewhere. Also, just because someone has had success in the past does not guarantee that they will again at a different school. Lot's of different variables to take into account.
    In saying that, I do not know Coach Sizemore at all. I am not endorsing or speaking against him. Just speaking in general.
    Sidelinedoc#2, you seem to be a big proponent for Nate McPeek. From what I gather, he has zero chance at this job. Even if it was reopened, I am positive he would not get an interview. In my opinion, he needs to focus on the Greenup job and make a strong push for it.

  10. #115

    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Posts
    63

    With the state of football and football coaching in Kentucky I am amazed that McPeek would even want out of Georgia. Really probably ended up in a better spot AFTER leaving Kentucky than he ever could have had or will have in Kentucky.

  11. #116
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    61,602

    As an outsider looking in, is it just my perception, or has MoCo had a recent "coaching carousel" history with respect to football and basketball?

  12. #117

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    181

    Quote Originally Posted by Pick-six View Post
    My question is, how do you know if someone will be a good coach if they never get a chance? Everyone has to get their foot in the door somewhere. Also, just because someone has had success in the past does not guarantee that they will again at a different school. Lot's of different variables to take into account.
    In saying that, I do not know Coach Sizemore at all. I am not endorsing or speaking against him. Just speaking in general.
    Sidelinedoc#2, you seem to be a big proponent for Nate McPeek. From what I gather, he has zero chance at this job. Even if it was reopened, I am positive he would not get an interview. In my opinion, he needs to focus on the Greenup job and make a strong push for it.
    I know Nate's family so of course I'm for him but in this instance I wasn't referring to him at all pick-six and to be honest that's sad if they don't want a great coach but other great coaches out there as well. You are right as well having success at one place doesn't mean you will at another I get that and agree with you. However I would much rather have someone like Nate with his resume and reputation as opposed to an unproven guy but that is just my opinion. Honestly Montgomery and Greenup are the same job going nowhere for a state title run in current situations. Montgomery has the facilities is the main positive and area to live in but same caliber job. I wasn't calling for Montgomery to hire McPeek or anybody else for that matter simply saying why not just HIRE the best? At the end of the day it's about politics which is sad so my statement will always be do what is best for the kids. That is to bring someone in that knows what they are doing and will demand/teach life principles that will help you win.

  13. #118

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    40

    If this is about politics then sizemore has no chance at the job. He seems to have everyone against him. The politics is to hire other people.

  14. #119

    Join Date
    Jun 10
    Posts
    662

    Quote Originally Posted by sidelinedoc#2 View Post
    I know Nate's family so of course I'm for him but in this instance I wasn't referring to him at all pick-six and to be honest that's sad if they don't want a great coach but other great coaches out there as well. You are right as well having success at one place doesn't mean you will at another I get that and agree with you. However I would much rather have someone like Nate with his resume and reputation as opposed to an unproven guy but that is just my opinion. Honestly Montgomery and Greenup are the same job going nowhere for a state title run in current situations. Montgomery has the facilities is the main positive and area to live in but same caliber job. I wasn't calling for Montgomery to hire McPeek or anybody else for that matter simply saying why not just HIRE the best? At the end of the day it's about politics which is sad so my statement will always be do what is best for the kids. That is to bring someone in that knows what they are doing and will demand/teach life principles that will help you win.
    My question is, how do you know Coach Sizemore is not the best choice? Just because he has not been a head coach does that automatically make him a bad choice? Again, just playing the devils advocate. I would not know Coach Sizemore if I saw him face to face.

  15. #120

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    181

    Quote Originally Posted by Pick-six View Post
    My question is, how do you know Coach Sizemore is not the best choice? Just because he has not been a head coach does that automatically make him a bad choice? Again, just playing the devils advocate. I would not know Coach Sizemore if I saw him face to face.
    I'm not saying he is or isn't but I know what I'm getting with proven resumes is my point, not every case is that true with jobs. I'm just saying in my opinion you go with proven success and winners if the opportunity presents itself. I don't know Coach Sizemore either personally but from what I'm reading on these boards he doesn't seem like popular choice but it's only people's opinions.

Top