Open Job: Montgomery County

Page 11 of Mchs has and opportunity to hire a great coach in Nathan Mcpeek but the fix is on for a assistant coach that has 0 experience not even a head coordinat... 193 comments | 24446 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #151

    Join Date
    Jun 10
    Posts
    662

    Quote Originally Posted by Indians View Post
    Looks like they started interviews last night. It's being kept pretty quiet. Hope they get a coach this time. Lesson here is, have money and push your agenda. Whole thing is a shame.
    Are they starting over from scratch or are they just doing more interviews?
    Advertisement

  2. #152

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    375

    Who would want this job at this point.

  3. #153

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    40

    Looks like another county will be looking for a new coach after this Friday. I guess we have a new coach also.

  4. #154

    Join Date
    Jun 10
    Posts
    662

    Quote Originally Posted by Indians View Post
    Looks like another county will be looking for a new coach after this Friday. I guess we have a new coach also.
    Spill the beans man! LOL

  5. #155

    Join Date
    Mar 14
    Posts
    778

    Quote Originally Posted by Indians View Post
    Looks like another county will be looking for a new coach after this Friday. I guess we have a new coach also.
    Come out with it.

  6. #156

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    40

    It's a coach that didn't apply last time. I don't think it's the splash hire that people in the community wanted but it's montgomery county.

  7. #157

    Join Date
    Mar 16
    Posts
    1

    I heard it was Nelson County's coach. Good luck with that.

  8. #158

    Join Date
    Nov 09
    Posts
    4,060

    If it is.

    09- 6-6 (6A District Champs, triple option)
    10- 6-5 (lost to Scott County in the 1st Round of the playoffs)
    12- 6-6 (Lead the state in Passing, 38 pts/game had 5,600 yards of total offense)
    13- 8-4 (another year of great offensive production. 44 pts/game and over 5,000 yards of total offense again)

    11, 14 and 15 were hard years no doubt. I've seen Egli catch a lot of flack on here, but it's funny how a 6A District Championship, a high flying prolific offense for some time and three playoff wins are never brought up at Nelson.

  9. #159

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    1,533

    I'm going to guess Brandon Brewer

  10. #160

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    40

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRanger View Post
    I'm going to guess Brandon Brewer
    Haha definitely not

  11. #161
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Buckeye Lake, Ohio
    Posts
    42,509

    I hope the new coach , can get the numbers way up and that he can lead his team to nothing but winning seasons.

  12. #162

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    1,533

    Quote Originally Posted by newarkcatholicfan View Post
    I hope the new coach , can get the numbers way up and that he can lead his team to nothing but winning seasons.
    This is the key thing imo. The current staff has struggled to get numbers up to a consistent 5A level. This school has absolutely one of the nicest football facilities in the state. Looking at 25 to 30 kids standing on the sidelines on friday nights is disheartening. Way to many two way players to make headway against quality 5A competition.

  13. #163
    StudRB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 12
    Posts
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Doyle View Post
    If it is.

    09- 6-6 (6A District Champs, triple option)
    10- 6-5 (lost to Scott County in the 1st Round of the playoffs)
    12- 6-6 (Lead the state in Passing, 38 pts/game had 5,600 yards of total offense)
    13- 8-4 (another year of great offensive production. 44 pts/game and over 5,000 yards of total offense again)

    11, 14 and 15 were hard years no doubt. I've seen Egli catch a lot of flack on here, but it's funny how a 6A District Championship, a high flying prolific offense for some time and three playoff wins are never brought up at Nelson.
    Couldn't agree more! Egli has done a very solid job at Nelson. Just like most all other coaches the years he has better players he has good years. The years where talent and experience are lacking they have a rougher year. The guy can coach. Period.

  14. #164

    Join Date
    May 06
    Posts
    1,196

    Quote Originally Posted by StudRB View Post
    Couldn't agree more! Egli has done a very solid job at Nelson. Just like most all other coaches the years he has better players he has good years. The years where talent and experience are lacking they have a rougher year. The guy can coach. Period.
    Funny how that happens hunh?! Players win and lose games...what a novel idea! I can't recall a team win a title without PLAYERS...If Egli is indeed the guy, he will do very well. Cut his teeth with Jim Mckee at Scott Co. and understands football. Montgomery Co. would be lucky to get him, but I can't imagine he would leave Nelson Co. He's been there since mid 2000's I think, when Bruner took over. Is this confirmed or just hearsay??

  15. #165

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,187

    Maybe you guys should hold out and see what happens with Coach Graham at Rowan Co?

Top